Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

Is this where this thread belongs?

Okay, so I decided to play through MGS2 recently. I was actually wanting to play Snake Eater, but then I thought that I really wanted to hear Paul Eiding(Roy Campbell), so I played Sons Of Liberty instead. I had forgotten how much I loved that game. It's a real trip.

Definitley my fav MGS title. I've got MGS1(original and Twin Snakes), MGS2(SoL and Substance) and MGS3(Subsistence). The Subsistence disc actually has Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on it, so I might even count those. I have played some of MGS4, but never got to complete it. I'm curious as to the outcome of everything, like with the Patriots and everything else.

But yeah, I had so much fun with my most recent MGS2 run. I hadn't played it in years. I even got the credit song on my iPod, Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 1 2013, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

MGS3 has become my go-to MGS title due to its superior stealth mechanics, better story, and the all time greatest boss battle in the history of gaming (The End). MGS2 isn't a bad game by any stretch, but I don't find the stealth gameplay in it and MGS1 to be as challenging anymore.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 18 2013, 01:03 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 1 2013, 08:44 AM)
MGS3 has become my go-to MGS title due to its superior stealth mechanics, better story, and the all time greatest boss battle in the history of gaming (The End). MGS2 isn't a bad game by any stretch, but I don't find the stealth gameplay in it and MGS1 to be as challenging anymore.

Really?

I had just started MGS3 a week or so ago, after finishing MGS2, and I was having a hella hard time with it. Maybe it was the large open areas that was throwing me off, but I was having a hard time getting to Sokolov at the very beginning. And damn, I miss the laser sight. I'm sure I'll get my groove back in Snake Eater after I start playing more.

MGS1 and MGS2 have some nice moments as far as the stealth gameplay though. I recall hiding from a guard, and then Snake sneezing and getting the guards attention.

Not to mention the speech at the beginning on the tanker.

Like I said though, something about the open areas seems to be getting me on MGS3.

I saw someone play a little bit of Revengeance yesterday. It looks cool I guess. Obviously not very MGS-like.

That gameplay style is becoming REALLY popular though. You know, the hack n slah, button-mash, combo type gameplay. God of War, DMC, Force Unleashed, MGS Revengeance, etc. And I find that gameplay style really dull.

I thought it was ok in Legacy of Kain: Defiance though, but maybe that's just because I really like LoK.

BTW, I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork...
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 18 2013, 02:33 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

For the first time? If so, I don't blame you for having trouble. The biggest change was no soliton radar, but once you learn to trust camouflage and your other instincts (vision and hearing), you'll get the hang of it. On the rare occasions I play Twin Snakes and MGS2, I don't even use the radar now and I'm no worse off without it.

BTW, if you choose the "I like MGS3" option, you start the game with some (really good) bonus camouflages already unlocked.

I'm not getting Rising. I had enough of that whiny bitch Raiden in MGS2.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 19 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 18 2013, 03:33 AM)
For the first time? If so, I don't blame you for having trouble. The biggest change was no soliton radar, but once you learn to trust camouflage and your other instincts (vision and hearing), you'll get the hang of it. On the rare occasions I play Twin Snakes and MGS2, I don't even use the radar now and I'm no worse off without it.

I completed MGS3 in it's entirety probably two or three times total. It's been awhile for sure.

I used to be a crack shot with the 1911 in that game.

The lack of Radar has got to be one thing getting me in MGS3. I do like the camo idea, and how they show the percentage of visibility, nice feature. I believe that even returned in MGS4, for the little bit that I played.

BTW, if you choose the "I like MGS3" option, you start the game with some (really good) bonus camouflages already unlocked.

Ah, I chose MGS2 of course. That's ok though, I typically just use the Olive one, it's my fav.

I'm not getting Rising. I had enough of that whiny bitch Raiden in MGS2.

Come on, Raiden wasn't that bad. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcasm.gif

Honestly though, I didn't like his character THAT much, but hey, what are we gonna do? Obviously Revengeance is just MGS's game that capitilizes on the success and popularity of that hack n slash, DMC, Force Unleashed, God Of War gameplay style.

Rising? That isn't the one I was talking about.

Since I have a 3DS, perhaps I should get my hands on that Snake Eater that's exclusive on the handheld, instead of playing through on my Ps2. Might as well make use of having such a handheld. RE is the only reason I got it anyway.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 20 2013, 12:48 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Mar 19 2013, 03:29 PM)
Come on, Raiden wasn't that bad. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcasm.gif

Raiden: "Colonel, you lied to me!"
What I wanted the Colonel to say: "Shut up, deal with it, and do your damn job!"

Obviously Revengeance is just MGS's game that capitilizes on the success and popularity of that hack n slash, DMC, Force Unleashed, God Of War gameplay style.

It's going to be the death of MG as a stealth game. Look what happened to Splinter Cell, which was a far better stealth game than any MG title.

Rising? That isn't the one I was talking about.

Yes, it is. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

user posted image
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 21 2013, 02:08 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 20 2013, 01:48 AM)
Raiden: "Colonel, you lied to me!"
What I wanted the Colonel to say: "Shut up, deal with it, and do your damn job!"

I think Pliskin, I mean Snake, said something along those lines, when he and Olga used Raiden to get onto Arsenal.

"You don't like that? Get over it".

Oh, and I really enjoyed all the weird crap GW Colonel was saying. Him and Rosemary. That whole section of the game really is a nice trip.

If there is one thing from MGS2 that should never show up again, it's swimming. I despise swimming in games, it's always horrid. MGS2, Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider, RER, etc.

Yes, it is. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Oh. Well obviously I don't know much about the game.

It's going to be the death of MG as a stealth game. Look what happened to Splinter Cell, which was a far better stealth game than any MG title.

I assumed it was just a side story type game. An experiment, if you will. Think RE Surivor and Dead Aim.

It is Metal Gear Rising afterall, and not Solid. Is there a reason for that?
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 21 2013, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Mar 21 2013, 01:08 AM)
I think Pliskin, I mean Snake, said something along those lines, when he and Olga used Raiden to get onto Arsenal.

"You don't like that? Get over it".

Exactly. Sure, Snake was angry in MGS1 when he found out he'd been lied to, but he dealt with it and did his job instead of complaining because people were still trying to kill him.

If there is one thing from MGS2 that should never show up again, it's swimming. I despise swimming in games, it's always horrid. MGS2, Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider, RER, etc.

Why? Swimming is a natural ability of every living thing on earth. Puppies and kittens can swim right out of the uterus (of course, only a monster would throw a newborn puppy or kitten into the water), so why is swimming in video games so bad? Are you afraid of the water or something?
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 23 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 21 2013, 08:31 AM)
Exactly. Sure, Snake was angry in MGS1 when he found out he'd been lied to, but he dealt with it and did his job instead of complaining because people were still trying to kill him.

Cuz Snake is a MAN.

Someone I know used to say that Snake was "sexy" lol.

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 21 2013, 08:31 AM)
Why? Swimming is a natural ability of every living thing on earth. Puppies and kittens can swim right out of the uterus (of course, only a monster would throw a newborn puppy or kitten into the water), so why is swimming in video games so bad? Are you afraid of the water or something?

I'm not afraid of the water at all, but I am deathly afraid of horrible and frustrating underwater controls. Especially when you have to carry EE on your back... blink.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 23 2013, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Mar 23 2013, 01:52 PM)
Especially when you have to carry EE on your back... blink.gif

I'd rather pin EE down on her back, if you catch my drift. tongue.gif
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 25 2013, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 23 2013, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Mar 23 2013, 01:52 PM)
Especially when you have to carry EE on your back... blink.gif

I'd rather pin EE down on her back, if you catch my drift. tongue.gif

Really? EE? I'm sure this guy wouldn't mind.

user posted image

I always took you for an Olga guy.

user posted image

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yeahthat.gif

I'd take Rosemary over EE. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/beerchug2.gif

user posted image

Uh-oh... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/sCo_idk.gif

PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 25 2013, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Mar 25 2013, 10:39 AM)
I always took you for an Olga guy.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yeahthat.gif

They'll have to fight over me. But Olga would most likely win, being Spetsnaz and all. Rank-and-file in the Russian Ground Forces might be shit (at least up until recently), but Spetsnaz (particularly Gruppa Alfa) are and always have been hardcore warfighters.

I'd take Rosemary over EE.  http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/beerchug2.gif

Uh-oh... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/sCo_idk.gif  [/Spoiler]

My patience for lying bitches is slim.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 31 2013, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 25 2013, 01:10 PM)
They'll have to fight over me. But Olga would most likely win, being Spetsnaz and all. Rank-and-file in the Russian Ground Forces might be shit (at least up until recently), but Spetsnaz (particularly Gruppa Alfa) are and always have been hardcore warfighters.

You could also have Colonel Vulgin. He is pretty frisky.

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 25 2013, 01:10 PM)
My patience for lying bitches is slim.

Ditto.

But technically that was GW.

I don't like Rosemarry's short hair in MGS4, from the bits and pieces I played.

I do not understand why girls keep trying to go for shorter haircuts! Yuck.

Most of the time. happy.gif

I find the face Raiden makes when "Rosemary" tells him that she is pregnant to be hilarious.

user posted image
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 31 2013, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Mar 31 2013, 04:50 PM)
You could also have Colonel Vulgin. He is pretty frisky.

Yeah, I'll pass on that.

But technically that was GW.

Are you sure? Really sure?!
PM Email Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll