Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Great Pyramids of Egypt to be destroyed???
Ashe
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

Calls to Destroy Egypt’s Great Pyramids Begin

How moronic are these folks?!?! There are very few wonders left in the world, why try to purposefully destroy one of the few remaining? Don't the idiots realize the economic ramifications of this? The Great Pyramids and the Sphinx have to make up a huge portion of the tourism income and regardless of how they were built or what they were built to represent, they are now a source of income for many, destroying them could end up destroying a lot of peoples livelihoods.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

That's Islamic fanaticism for you; suppressing and/or destroying anything that doesn't jive with their narrow world view. My hope is that the international community will rally together and save these treasures of the great, lost people and civilization of Egypt. And to think the US got all kinds of shit for stationing military forces at the site of ancient Babylon to protect it from looters.

I agree with one of the comments made on that article: If they destroy the pyramids and the Sphinx, we should reduce Mecca and Medina to rubble. After all, where will they stop? How do you know sites like the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, and the Parthenon of Athens won't be next on their hit list?
PM Email Poster
Ashe
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Jul 12 2012, 12:28 PM)
That's Islamic fanaticism for you; suppressing and/or destroying anything that doesn't jive with their narrow world view. My hope is that the international community will rally together and save these treasures of the great, lost people and civilization of Egypt. And to think the US got all kinds of shit for stationing military forces at the site of ancient Babylon to protect it from looters

I can't believe they would ever have enough support to get something like that through. I find their argument weak as they weren't built as pagan places of worship. They are built as monuments to their pharaohs. That the pharaohs believed themselves to be "divine" is inconsequential as they were more mausoleums and weren't intended to be places of worship. Therefore they are more "historic" than "religious", at least the way I see things. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Jul 12 2012, 12:28 PM)
I agree with one of the comments made on that article: If they destroy the pyramids and the Sphinx, we should reduce Mecca and Medina to rubble. After all, where will they stop? How do you know sites like the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, and the Parthenon of Athens won't be next on their hit list?

I wouldn't go that far, destroying those would be no better, kind of cutting off the nose to spite the face sort of deal. Those places too have great historic significance and need to be preserved not destroyed.

The destruction of other historically significance is the slippery slope, that will undoubtedly happen if not stopped, we will be on. This is why it's important to NOT stoop to their level. The defense to NOT destroying them is they have historical significance loses its usefulness because you yourself are guilty of doing what you claim to be trying to stop.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll