Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

What are your ideal RE control schematics?
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 9 2011, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

What do you want from your RE in regards to gameplay?

I know that OTS works great, mainly because of the aiming. The camera angles were great too, very memorable, and just kind of iconic and symbolic as far as the series is concerned, like typewriters.

I think they should mix the fixed angle, and OTS. Just as simple as certain areas having the fixed camera, and others being OTS. Whenever you aim though, it should always be OTS, for the sake of being able to aim. Perhaps take out the laser sight though.

Having the quick knife is a must at this point, better than it collecting dust in the item box. Manual reload, well in addition to RE4, the Outbreaks had this too. A feature I can't live without.

I think movement wise, it should control just like in always has. Not the crappy RE5 shooter control sets, where you aim with L, shoot with R. As well as strafing.

I do like that RER seems to be implimenting walking while aiming, that's no crime, as we've seen it before, Dead Aim and Outbreak File#2. And it was something I wish I had when playing RE5 mercs, in order to avoid a certain guy's large axe from killing me.

I really liked the self defense items from the REmake. Little letter openers or daggers or whatever, as well as flash grenades and Jill's stun gun. I think we should have those types of things, other items too, just whatever can be used for self defense. It would be nice when a stupid majini grabs you....and just holds you, how annoying right? Not if you can shove a flash grenade in his face.

Another feature is something from Outbreak. If you've played Outbreak, with Kevin, you may remember that while aiming, you could press circle I think, and you would kick. It just did a front kick. That's nice, I hope they bring that back. I mean, while aiming nowadays, we can shoot, and reload, but there are extra buttons for kicking.

Dodging, perhaps taking the primitive system in RE3, work it with the nice button prompted dodging from RE4. Just make it something you can do as often as you could in RE3, but work as well as it did in RE4.

I think the inventory was good in RE5, I liked the hot key feature for items in the North, East, South & West positions.

Although that wouldn't be necessary if it weren't real-time, the inventory.

And that wouldn't be necessary if there wasn't some sort of cooperative experience.

I think Coop should be in, just not the story. Mercs is a perfect place, just side things, but the main story should be single player, and RE5 is what made me think this.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 10 2011, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

Traditional third person like the original games had with the "bad" camera angles (when did any horror movie ever bolt the camera to the main character's right shoulder?), but when you hit the button to aim, it zooms in to an OTS view.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 10 2011, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ May 10 2011, 09:59 AM)
Traditional third person like the original games had with the "bad" camera angles (when did any horror movie ever bolt the camera to the main character's right shoulder?), but when you hit the button to aim, it zooms in to an OTS view.

I remember you mentioning that before, I've always liked that idea. Camera angles are not bad at all.

OTS isn't either, and while you may not like moving around like that a whole bunch, I know it can be utilized in a great horror situation. I mean RE4 did a good job. LIN is a good example.

They aren't putting all the elements together though. OTS isn't the problem, it's everything else combine with it, including co-op.

But yes, aiming is also really great, and I don't want to go back. It would also have been great in something like the REmake, as I was always interested in the art and such that Spencer had displayed. You could sort of see certain things, but to get a closer look would be nice. Going to OTS for aiming that is, allowing for the closer look.

That or a spectator mode would be much appreciated. To see the mansion best.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll