Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

What do you think of Sheva?, Sheva sucks
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 3 2011, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

So, in an attempt to breathe new life, here's a new thread.smile.gif

I feel like I've discussed this so much, but I guess I could always go another round.

I think most people universally dislike her, for whatever reason. She's not that horrible, but pretty bad.

I think the reasoning surrounding her inclusion into the game is questionable.

The annoying AI really translates to her character's personality.

She was so undeserving for such a large role. We didn't get to know her slowly, she felt forced on us I think.

One example of undeserving is how her and Chris both, together, shoot a couple of RPG's at Al in the volcano...

Moments when Chris is taking off that apparatus from Jill's chest, Sheva just seemed so out of place.

In the scene where he gets it off, and him and Jill are having a touching moment, Sheva is just in the way, hogging up the scene...

Jill-"You have to stop him. If Wesker succeeds, Uroboros will be spread across the globe, millions will die!"

Chris-"Well yeah but..."
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 3 2011, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

Don't forget that early gameplay trailers and demos had Chris acting alone and even a number of cutscenes in the finished game have her nowhere to be seen, so I seriously question the notion that she was intended to be there from the beginning like Capcom claimed.

Here's a discussion about it I took part in a while back in a place I refer to as "the old country" (GTA IV reference FTW!) that will go further into my thoughts on the racism topic.

http://rezerofiles.proboards.com/index.cgi...ead=773&page=1#
PM Email Poster
KeVo
 Posted: May 5 2011, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 4
Credits: 1145

She really did feel forced upon us. I'd rather have had Claire back.
PM Email Poster MSN
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 6 2011, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Yeah, Claire would have made an ideal partner for Chris. Who better to help him rescue his closer-than-a-wife partner than the one person in the world he's even closer to, right? That also would have made an avenue for the return of Sherry Birkin, who was confirmed by Capcom to appear months before RE5's release.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 7 2011, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ May 6 2011, 02:00 AM)
Yeah, Claire would have made an ideal partner for Chris. Who better to help him rescue his closer-than-a-wife partner than the one person in the world he's even closer to, right? That also would have made an avenue for the return of Sherry Birkin, who was confirmed by Capcom to appear months before RE5's release.

I don't remember where i read it, but I remember reading that him and Claire were really close(don't read into that).

Not that you need to read anything to see that. Also, I think I remembered reading that their parents died, and that's why they were close.

Oh, and I remember those early trailers, there were scenes, like with the chick in the red dress(who we all were convinced was Sherry(Once you convinced me that Jill was tube lady)), and in the final product, it's like Sheva was just pasted onto that scene...

There are many others just like that though.....and I also doubt Capcom's claims about Sheva being there since the beginning. If she was, I garuantee it was a smaller role.

But can you blame them, I mean they aren't going to say, "That's right RE fans, we are like Oragami, we fold under pressure. Sheva is just here that way stupid people like N'Gai Croal can feel happy for themselves for ruining a game, because they think it's racist and that it will make young people hate a certain people, "Start them off young" I believe he said, as if this game series being rated M was for nothing".......
PM
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 8 2011, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Mission Support Team
Member No.: 6
Credits: 300

But, if they had Claire as his partner, it would be doubly racist. Am I right? NO I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 8 2011, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 8 2011, 01:49 PM)
But, if they had Claire as his partner, it would be doubly racist. Am I right? NO I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At one point, when we could only see Sheva from behind, I suspected it was Claire...

I just think that whole situation got out of hand.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 8 2011, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike991 @ May 8 2011, 07:41 PM)
At one point, when we could only see Sheva from behind, I suspected it was Claire...

I'm remembering back to an old issue of Game Informer that printed an early screenshot of a ponytailed woman dressed similarly to Sheva in the final game, but with a much lighter skin tone and auburn hair. Sound familiar?
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 8 2011, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ May 8 2011, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Spike991 @ May 8 2011, 07:41 PM)

I'm remembering back to an old issue of Game Informer that printed an early screenshot of a ponytailed woman dressed similarly to Sheva in the final game, but with a much lighter skin tone and auburn hair. Sound familiar?

The very same.

I think we probably discussed that on the forum at one point too. Not too long, as it was show and confirmed as Sheva probably shortly after.

But at one point, I legitimately believed we would have Claire with Chris in RE5.

Seems realistic enough too, you know, with Claire and Chris each trying so hard to find one another for so long.
PM
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 11 2011, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

I would have loved to have Claire instead of Sheva. Really, the only thing I really like about Sheva is how sexy she is. I'm sorry, but it's true. There are things I don't like about her like how she was forced on us and was given too big of a role too soon, but I really don't mind her for the most part. If I had my way and could go back in time? I'd take her out. For sure.
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 11 2011, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 11 2011, 04:24 PM)
I would have loved to have Claire instead of Sheva. Really, the only thing I really like about Sheva is how sexy she is. I'm sorry, but it's true. There are things I don't like about her like how she was forced on us and was given too big of a role too soon, but I really don't mind her for the most part. If I had my way and could go back in time? I'd take her out. For sure.

I'd make the Agitator majini (the guy with the aviators and the bullhorn in the Public Assembly level) look like N'Gai Croal. ph34r.gif
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 11 2011, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ May 11 2011, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 11 2011, 04:24 PM)

I'd make the Agitator majini (the guy with the aviators and the bullhorn in the Public Assembly level) look like N'Gai Croal. ph34r.gif

First off, I keep forgetting to ask you Spartan, who is in your avatar?

Okay, now, at first I misread, I thought you said you had made the agitator majini into N'gai Croal, as in modding through the PC version....a bit much.smile.gif

Anyway, I wish that too.

Oh, and Nite, maybe we will have the opportunity to kill her in ORC....

About Sheva though, as much as I hate her, for all of the mentioned reasons, I also like her, looking back. I mean, she's just a big joke at this point, not to be taken seriously at all. Really annoying and stupid, but a funny, inside, ongoing joke that we RE fans have, much like Master Of Unlocking or anything involving Barry from the Original, except the Sheva joke is still pretty phresh.smile.gif

So yeah, while certain annoying things about her are unforgivable, obviously the ending is one, what she gave was a very fun time, in her own annoying way, almost to the point where I would say that I wouldn't have it any other way...
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 11 2011, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike991 @ May 11 2011, 10:15 PM)
First off, I keep forgetting to ask you Spartan, who is in your avatar?

British model Carly Baker, the official Sonya Blade cosplayer for MK9.

Okay, now, at first I misread, I thought you said you had made the agitator majini into N'gai Croal, as in modding through the PC version....a bit much.smile.gif

*Puts the PC version of RE5 on his "to buy" list* ph34r.gif

Oh, and Nite, maybe we will have the opportunity to kill her in ORC....

I know me, Radec, and Risky don't plan to leave her breathing... ph34r.gif
PM Email Poster
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 12 2011, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Wait, kill who? Sheva? Do you think she'll be in it?
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 12 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

No, we're talking about everybody's favorite auburn-haired biker girl. In fact, we plan on hunting down an eliminating every survivor except Jill. Even sweet and innocent little Rebecca...
PM Email Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll