Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Underworld/RE crossover?, WTF?
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Aug 29 2012, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Aug 29 2012, 02:39 PM)
walking dead didnt have a reason for the outbreaks did it? neither did Romero's movies, in one he said something about a space probe that brought back radiation or something like that but i read that on the web somewhere but i dont think it was ever mentioned in the movies.

The cause of the TWD outbreak hasn't been revealed yet, not in the comics or the TV series (Kirkman has said this revelation is a long way off). The original 1968 NotLD outbreak cause was theorized to be radiation, while the 1990 remake omitted any mention of this (along with many other changes). In the Return series it was a military chemical agent that caused it. The 2004 Dawn remake also didn't give a cause (don't know about the original) and neither did Land. We'll have to wait and see what route Night of the Living Dead: Origins takes.

The various other movies, I don't know because I either haven't seen them in a long time or at all.
PM Email Poster
Walker killer
 Posted: Aug 30 2012, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 32
Credits: 550

Yeah I haven't seen the original NOTLD in like forever... It's hard to find, even to buy & since there is no rental DVD places where a person can go & rent DVDs anymore :/. If you want somehing you have to buy it these days
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 30 2012, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Aug 29 2012, 06:39 PM)
walking dead didnt have a reason for the outbreaks did it? neither did Romero's movies, in one he said something about a space probe that brought back radiation or something like that but i read that on the web somewhere but i dont think it was ever mentioned in the movies.

I've not gotten far enough into the comics yet to see if they do have a reason, if they did, they haven't revealed it yet. As for Night of the Living Dead, keep in mind it's been a while since I've seen it, I don't believe they ever gave a definitive reason for it. But if I remember correctly, radiation was mentioned. In Dawn of the Dead, the 2nd film in Romero's zombie films the reason is just given as a pandemic of unknown origin.

PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Aug 30 2012, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

My mention of Night of the Living Dead: Origins didn't raise any eyebrows? tongue.gif
PM Email Poster
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 30 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Aug 30 2012, 05:01 PM)
My mention of Night of the Living Dead: Origins didn't raise any eyebrows? tongue.gif

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif You know I didn't even see that. But it doesn't surprise me any. They really need to start coming up with their own stuff and quit mooching off other peoples work.... What will suck is they will most likely make the zombies like they do now a days, and not have them be the classic Romero zombies. sad.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Aug 30 2012, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Ashe @ Aug 30 2012, 01:14 PM)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif You know I didn't even see that. But it doesn't surprise me any. They really need to start coming up with their own stuff and quit mooching off other peoples work.... What will suck is they will most likely make the zombies like they do now a days, and not have them be the classic Romero zombies. sad.gif

When it comes to the zombie genre, just about everything has already been done. Hell, the same could be said about fiction in general, regardless of the genre or media.
PM Email Poster
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 31 2012, 03:50 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Aug 30 2012, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Ashe @ Aug 30 2012, 01:14 PM)

When it comes to the zombie genre, just about everything has already been done. Hell, the same could be said about fiction in general, regardless of the genre or media.

This is true, but it seems as if they don't even make an effort anymore to come up with anything original. Lately, it seems as if all they can do is remake old movies and screw them up. Haven't the morons learned that their remakes almost always flop? Very few that have been done have been any good. The Chainsaw Massacre remake, The Hills Have Eyes and The Omen are about the only ones that were done decently. And that is because they basically left the original story intact and only changed things to update them to the times.

Horror movies are the worst in this regard and they are the bread and butter of the movie business. They can be made relatively cheaply and they almost always earn enough in the opening weekend to put them out of the red. They know, especially when it comes to certain franchises like Friday the 13th or Halloween, that no matter what, the die hard fans will show up and watch them. I myself am guilty of this, even though I hated Zombies remake of Halloween, I had to own them because I own all the others, couldn't have my collection incomplete. tongue.gif
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Sep 1 2012, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

the 2004 'dawn' remake sucked with a capitol 'S', with its fast zombies... i was like 'huh?'

dead things dont get 'faster' when they get up & walk around, its my bggest pet peeve, in doing that, IMO they lost Romero's pividol message... which (as i understood it that is) is that sometimes the scariest things can be your neighbors, & never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups... in the original, i loved the crack i think Peter made about why there were so many in the mall, that it was prolly something important to them in life so it wasingrained in their instincts... LOL LOL.

Romero commited the same sin, cashing in on his own franchise & what not.

the movies for me that really cut a path were: Paranormal Activity, Sam Rami's 'Drag me to Hell' & Twenty eight Days Later.
PM Yahoo
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 1 2012, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

IIRC, the original Dawn had fast zombies, too.
PM Email Poster
Walker killer
 Posted: Sep 2 2012, 12:07 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

The original dawn's sequel did, day & land had I guess you could call them 'fast' compared to NOTLD, something I think was said like they 'evolve' or something, like the walkers from WD, it was discovered hey could 'learn' & 'remember', like animals.

I was talking about the super fast superhuman-like zombies because IMHO decaying flesh unless reanimated by something like the T virus from RE or something like that isn't going to move get fast.

But Slow zombies doesn't mean they aren't scared, the zombies in WD aren't 'fast' persay, they are relentless in their persuit which is what makes them frightening because humans get tired, fatigued, etc... The walkers don't.
PM Yahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll