Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

What do you think of Sheva?, Sheva sucks
Relative Risk
 Posted: May 18 2011, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 18 2011, 09:21 PM)
In all honesty, it was just the content of the post that made me not want to waste time, I guess. I mean, it isn't something to learn about RE. So I just don't care.

The details of RE5's development process, and why Sheva was inflicted upon us, don't qualify as a learning experience? Wow...that makes no sense. But I appreciate your blasé defensiveness, regardless.
PM
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 18 2011, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Mission Support Team
Member No.: 6
Credits: 300

Well...no. I like to learn stuff about the RE world. That's what interests me.
PM Email Poster
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 18 2011, 06:21 PM)
In all honesty, it was just the content of the post that made me not want to waste time, I guess. I mean, it isn't something to learn about RE. So I just don't care.

I'm sorry? I read through that post before and personally got to learn about the development, the story and scenes that could have been, Sheva's prior history as an NPC before becoming one of the mains, planned and scrapped setpieces... I got misty thinking that we could've had an all-S.T.A.R.S. reunion, and got excited reading about Excella being an actual competent Tricell Secretary (instead of CEO) with the balls and brass to play mindgames with Wesker, even being his equal in sheer cunning and guile.

Instead, we got RE5.

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 18 2011, 06:56 PM)

So wait, all this prior history to the RE world and development isn't learning about the RE world? I don't understand why this would be beneath your notice, and honestly, I think you're missing out by dismissing it out of hand. But hey, it's your call.
PM
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 18 2011, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

I should have clarified. I meant I want to learn about the world of RE. Not what it could have been. Because what it could have been is quite irrelevant. That's all I meant.
PM Email Poster
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ May 18 2011, 03:11 PM)
I'll adopt Sherry, train her to be a "cleaner" like Jean Reno did Natalie Portman in Leon. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/smiley-rpg013.gif

user posted image

Hello, Spartan, nice to see you.

Have a seat.
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 20 2011, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 18 2011, 08:21 PM)

Which one? I know the History one had some newer stuff, but most of it was stuff we've all seen befoe. The other one though, about RE4.5 was totally a good read though. I didn't know about any of that til Risk showed me. Or I stumbled across an older post, either way.

I like to know a little bit about everything. It's not really necessary, but I guess if you were disatisfyed with a lot about RE5's story, like me, then you might want an alternate, and irrelevant, version.
PM
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 3
Credits: 1020

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 18 2011, 08:16 PM)
I'll adopt Sherry, train her to be a "cleaner" like Jean Reno did Natalie Portman in Leon. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/smiley-rpg013.gif

user posted image

Have a seat.

First off...I lol'd so hard... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 18 2011, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 18 2011, 06:21 PM)

I'm sorry? I read through that post before and personally got to learn about the development, the story and scenes that could have been, Sheva's prior history as an NPC before becoming one of the mains, planned and scrapped setpieces... I got misty thinking that we could've had an all-S.T.A.R.S. reunion, and got excited reading about Excella being an actual competent Tricell Secretary (instead of CEO) with the balls and brass to play mindgames with Wesker, even being his equal in sheer cunning and guile.

Instead, we got RE5.

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 18 2011, 06:56 PM)

So wait, all this prior history to the RE world and development isn't learning about the RE world? I don't understand why this would be beneath your notice, and honestly, I think you're missing out by dismissing it out of hand. But hey, it's your call.

Second...I had NO idea Excella was originally supposed to be like that...that's amazing. That's SO much better and a CLASSIC RESIDENT EVIL FEMALE instead of the POS dumbass bitch we got. (I apologize I know this is about Sheva, I'll get to her in a sec) I had no idea...I do know that she was originally supposed to be killed by a tyrant sent from Wesker..where'd you get this info?

Third, I honestly don't think Sheva, as a character, is all that bad. Was she forced upon us? Yes. Is her AI horrible? I hear Chris' is worse, and honestly...in my experience all AI isn't all that I. I personally liked her, aside from the fact that she was trying to hard to get Chris to believe in and trust her. That I'll admit kinda pissed me off.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the previous pages yet, I'll get to it in a bit. >.>
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 18 2011, 08:16 PM)

user posted image

Have a seat.

Oh no, Chris Hansen?!

user posted image
PM Email Poster
NiteKrawler
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Hey wait a minute!!! There're no cookies here!!! *BOOM*
PM Email Poster
CanadianKnight
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Recruit
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 25
Credits: 45

How to Catch a Pedophile.Har

Has South Park made fun of RE?
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 9 2011, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (CanadianKnight @ Sep 8 2011, 07:55 PM)
How to Catch a Pedophile.Har

Has South Park made fun of RE?

Not specifically. They had an episode where Kenny was the source of a zombie outbreak, but that's it.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Sep 21 2011, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

I liked that they didnt include her in mercs 3d. i think thats one step in the right direction.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll