White Umbrella
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jun 3 2011, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

I was reminded of the file found in one of the Helmet Key rooms of the Spencer Mansion that detailed orders to lure STARS in to test BOWs and attain combat data. These orders came from an individual or entity called "White Umbrella". Who, or what, is it? This is something that has bothered me for years because this White Umbrella is never identified in any of the games.

The SD Perry novels identified them as some kind of black ops division of Umbrella, but while SD Perry is a great writer and her novels are popular with fans, this is non-canon and as such does not (at this time) pertain to the games.

For years it was suggested that the unnamed individual with the shadowed face found at the end of RE3 Mercs was White Umbrella, but this too is up for debate as you can see in the Gamecube version of RE3 that this individual's facial shape suggests that it's Brian Irons.

So who is White Umbrella?

Discuss.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jun 24 2011, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

Yeah, it was never really given to us in detail. I think UC mentioned them too.

The novels definately did.

I'll have to check UC and post back with my findings.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 25 2012, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Bump!

Spike, have you found anything on this? I've searched around, but found nothing but inconclusive theories. Is it a person? An organization? A branch of the Umbrella Corporation?
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Feb 25 2012, 08:34 PM)
Bump!

Spike, have you found anything on this? I've searched around, but found nothing but inconclusive theories. Is it a person? An organization? A branch of the Umbrella Corporation?

Oh damn, I totally never looked that up... wacko.gif

I'd think another branch. I don't have my UC on me either...actually I got Archives 2, but I don't think that has documents for the Chronicles games.

Hmmm...I will post back once I get some info!
PM
Relative Risk
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

TOP SECRET

July 22nd 1998 2:13
To the Head of the Security Department

"X-Day" is approaching. Complete the following orders within the week.

1. Lure members of S.T.A.R.S. into the lab and have them fight with the B.O.W. in order to obtain data of actual battles.

2. Collect two embryos per B.O.W. type making sure to include all species except for Tyrant.

3. Destroy the Arklay lab including all researchers and lab animals in amanner, which will seem accidental.

White Umbrella

Retconned -- White Umbrella was never mentioned again, outside the Perry novels, and it was excluded from the GC version.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Apr 4 2012, 02:38 AM)
TOP SECRET

1. Lure members of S.T.A.R.S. into the lab and have them fight with the B.O.W. in order to obtain data of actual battles.

2. Collect two embryos per B.O.W. type making sure to include all species except for Tyrant.

3. Destroy the Arklay lab including all researchers and lab animals in amanner, which will seem accidental.

White Umbrella

Retconned -- White Umbrella was never mentioned again, outside the Perry novels, and it was excluded from the GC version.

No, I'm almost 100% certain that White Umbrella was the signer of this file in the GC version as well.
PM Email Poster
Relative Risk
 Posted: Feb 5 2014, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Apr 4 2012, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Apr 4 2012, 02:38 AM)
TOP SECRET

White Umbrella

No, I'm almost 100% certain that White Umbrella was the signer of this file in the GC version as well.

Well, this is a correction almost two years in the making...

In all this time, have you managed to narrow down your exact percentage of certainty? I just want to know exactly how wrong you are. ;-)

Again, White Umbrella was retconned out of RE. This file does indeed reappear in REmake, but it's signed Umbrella Headquarters.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll