Chris and Jill post-RE5
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Aug 25 2012, 02:23 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Does anyone else think maybe there's something more than just friendship going on with them now? RE1 and REmake both teased a romantic angle with them with Jill resting her head on Chris' shoulder in the helicopter, but it was pretty much ignored after that... until RE5, IMO. If you pay close attention to RE5's ending cutscene, you'll see this:

user posted image

Now that, too me, isn't a look you'd give someone that you're "just friends" with. Sheva certainly never looked at Chris like that. I mean, how is that not an obvious "take me right here, baby" look?

What do you think? Are they together? I certainly think so.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 28 2012, 11:32 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

When I clicked to try and watch it, it just closes that box it's in... can't view the video. sad.gif
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Aug 28 2012, 08:31 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Ashe @ Aug 28 2012, 10:32 AM)
When I clicked to try and watch it, it just closes that box it's in... can't view the video. sad.gif

It's not a video, that's the look I'm talking about. I screencapped it off YouTube.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 29 2012, 06:56 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Ooops my bad! tongue.gif Well I never got past the first 10 minutes or so of that game, just didn't care for it so I've not seen the ending. But that could be construed as a "come and get me" look.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 24 2012, 10:11 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

And it would seem Capcom isn't ignorant of such speculation over Chris and Jill and enjoys teasing us in more ways than just in-game innuendo. Read the bottom section of this April Fool's prank scan entitled "A man full of responsibilities".

user posted image

Capcom, you mischievous buggers. tongue.gif
^
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Oct 31 2012, 04:27 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Aug 25 2012, 01:23 AM)
Does anyone else think maybe there's something more than just friendship going on with them now? RE1 and REmake both teased a romantic angle with them with Jill resting her head on Chris' shoulder in the helicopter, but it was pretty much ignored after that... until RE5, IMO. If you pay close attention to RE5's ending cutscene, you'll see this:

user posted image

Now that, too me, isn't a look you'd give someone that you're "just friends" with. Sheva certainly never looked at Chris like that. I mean, how is that not an obvious "take me right here, baby" look?

I don't really see it as a "come get me" look. At least, that's my opinion.

To be honest, I'm very torn on the subject. I'd say I'm about 50/50. They could just be long term great friends, or something more has developed. Both are well within the range of possibilities (unlike the yaoi crap). And to be honest I mind what they do, so long as it's not ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if they were/got together, and I wouldn't mind if they just stayed friends. I think it works out nicely either way. happy.gif
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Oct 31 2012, 05:03 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Oct 31 2012, 03:27 PM)
I don't really see it as a "come get me" look. At least, that's my opinion.

The way her eyebrows are raised, the way she's smiling, the way her head is tilted. I don't see how someone can't see it.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Dec 19 2012, 11:24 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Aug 25 2012, 03:23 AM)

user posted image

lol, you cad you. smile.gif

Well I'm actually on the fence about the Chris/Jill relationship/partnership. I think there could be some sort of sexual tension, I mean, Jill is damn sexy, and I'm sure Chris and his muscles are pretty appealing, but I digress.

I didn't exactly read too much into Jill laying her head on Chris' shoulder at the end of RE1. Maybe there's something to it, but honestly don't know...

UC and RER show a bit more of these two paired together, as partners of course. Obviously they are close, and after experiencing the things they have together, the Mansion Incident, Operation TALOS, the stuff involving the Queen Zenobia, Semaramis, and Dido in RER, as well as their experiences in RE5's LIN in addition to RE's main campaign.

They are definately my favourite pair in RE,and I'm not usually a shipper, and I'm can't take a side just yet, the Chris/Jill partnership team or the Chris/Jill steamy relationship side...

I guess I don't mind either way, but there's definately something there. As of right now, it seems like a real close relationship between male and female teamates. I mean, if it were two males, would be be having this discussion at all? Unless some here were Yaoi fans. But yeah, I dunno if the look Jill gives Chris is a, "Undress me and take me on the floor of this chopper infront of Sheva and Josh" kind of look, but I always felt that Sheva annoying butted into their scenes.

When you save Jill, by taking that apparatus off of her chest in RE5, there is a touching scene in which Chris is knelt by Jill, looking into the eyes of his partner that he thought to be dead, and was so determined to find after seeing an image that looked like her, and during this heart felt moment between two close partners, Sheva annoying and ackwardly standing there interupted this scene.

In the ending cutscene that you mentioned, when Chris is reflecting on the events of that day, I thought it was a bit annoying how he looked over at Sheva and almost ignored Jill, his real partner, that he was supposedly there looking for. I think the racism claims by N'Gai Croal really ruined what RE5 was supposed to be.

In the end, Chris and Jill are the original RE duo, they have RE1, UC, RER, LIN and RE5 to their credit. I don't want to see them together as a team in RE7, but I wouldn't mind having some light shed on their situation. Especially Jill, as she hasn't been even mentioned since her RE5 appearance, i which she had some pigmentation problems, becoming a blonde and such.

I hope we do get more on these two though. Like I've said, I'm not taking sides here, I don't really mind if they are in a physical relationship, or just friends. You can't stop Love. But they obviously care deeply about eachother. Now I'm going to stop sounding like a girl and a shipper and end this post.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --