Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Resident Evil 6
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 25 2012, 01:25 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Dec 25 2012, 11:17 AM)
Ummm...you think they'd do that? Couldn't hurt.

Apparently my sarcasm slipped past you.

Trust me, this idea of yours would be universally panned by gamers as a complete ripoff of Tomb Raider.

Again, this'd still be Jilly-bean, same voice, personality, and obviously her face and body. I mean, she isn't going to have a brit accent, or wielding 2 handguns.

But, again, they'd be making her a copy of Lara Croft.

It's basically just borrowing the shorts, which makes sense, with the weather/temperature

user posted image

The Egyptian Army begs to disagree on that.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Dec 26 2012, 02:38 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Dec 25 2012, 02:25 PM)
Apparently my sarcasm slipped past you.

No, but mine did. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcasm.gif

Trust me, this idea of yours would be universally panned by gamers as a complete ripoff of Tomb Raider.

But, again, they'd be making her a copy of Lara Croft.

It surely couldn't be any more of a rip-off of Tomb Raider, than RE5 Wesker was a rip-off of Neo from The Matrix. And everyone seems to love that one.

Besides, it's not unheard of for RE to imitate other things in their games. They do it all the time.

When I see BSAA Jill, that's clearly Sarah Conor. RE5 Wesker being the Matrix ripoff that he was. Morpheus in DA was totally David Bowie. Oh, and I know I've mentioned Clive R. O'brien from Revelations being quite like Colonel Roy Campbell from MGS.

There's enough room in Egypt for two beautiful brunnettes in short, shorts and kicking ass with firearms! happy.gif

And I'm sure the egyptian army must be real comfortable in their attire. But BSAA agents have more leeway with their outfits. And let's face it, Jill has been known to wear more risque outfits in the past, her casual clothes from RE3 and her BS from RE5 for instance.

Tomb Raider and Lara Croft aside, with how RE seems to be expanding the locations in RE and traveling all around the world, Africa and China being the most recent ones, Egypt seems like good choice for RE7. Besides, Pyramids, filled with zombies, and mummies and BOWs. I think most people would enjoy that type of game. Not to mention the booby traps and puzzles, that pyramids, at least in games like Tomb Raider, and movies like The Mummy, are known for.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 26 2012, 08:58 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Dec 26 2012, 01:38 AM)
It surely couldn't be any more of a rip-off of Tomb Raider, than RE5 Wesker was a rip-off of Neo from The Matrix. And everyone seems to love that one.

I've never even seen The Matrix. Who's Neo?

When I see BSAA Jill, that's clearly Sarah Conor.

Not really. Maybe her alt. from REmake (which is not canon), but how is her BSAA kit in any way similar to Sarah Connor's paramilitary kit aside from being geared toward a combat situation?

Morpheus in DA was totally David Bowie.

I never did, but if you say so.

Oh, and I know I've mentioned Clive R. O'brien from Revelations being quite like Colonel Roy Campbell from MGS.

I don't know who he is and haven't, nor plan to, play the game, so I'm not in a position to make a judgment.

There's enough room in Egypt for two beautiful brunnettes in short, shorts and kicking ass with firearms! happy.gif

If you're okay with Capcom degrading the character by ripping off Tomb Raider, I suppose.

And I'm sure the egyptian army must be real comfortable in their attire. But BSAA agents have more leeway with their outfits.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they'll go stripperific the first chance they get. US Army Special Forces and ANA in Afghanistan certainly don't, and it gets upwards of 120 F there on a regular basis.

user posted image

Not to mention there are these nasty little things called sandstorms in such places, which can rip skin from bone and aren't something you want to be caught in while dressed in shorts and a tank top. Maybe you should look to the individuals who operate in these hostile environments to see what makes sense.

And let's face it, Jill has been known to wear more risque outfits in the past, her casual clothes from RE3 and her BS from RE5 for instance.

Well, her situation in RE3 was that she was caught in the outbreak and had to get out ASAP. And I doubt she donned the battlesuit willfully.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Dec 26 2012, 10:21 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Dec 26 2012, 09:58 AM)
I've never even seen The Matrix. Who's Neo?

Well it's a movie by the Farrely Brothers I think. It has Keanu Reeves, that guy who played Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four: The Silver Surfer, among tons of other people. Oh, the guy who plays Elrond in Lord Of The Rings, is Agent Smith in The Matrix too!

You want to know what the Matrix is Grimes? Follow the white rabbit. laugh.gif

Seriously though, it's a pretty awesome movie, that if you really haven't seen, I suggest you go to your nearest Blockbuster, Hollywood Video or Red Box for, or even Netflix, cuz it's the bomb. But yeah, just google Neo, and you'll basically see RE5 Wesker.

Not really. Maybe her alt. from REmake (which is not canon), but how is her BSAA kit in any way similar to Sarah Connor's paramilitary kit aside from being geared toward a combat situation?

At least how she's got a cap and ponytail, although Jill is prettier than Connor. JS. And Jill is wearing tighter cothing, etc. But the resemblence is still there. Obviously her REmake alt. with the army fatigues might resemble Sarah Connor more than BSAA Jill, but I still see the resemblence. And I got 20/20 vision buddy. happy.gif

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Dec 26 2012, 09:58 AM)
Morpheus in DA was totally David Bowie.

I never did, but if you say so.

Never did what? But yeah, I do say, he looked and sounded like him.

I don't know who he is and haven't, nor plan to, play the game, so I'm not in a position to make a judgment.

I see. Well, I did briefly describe O'brien a few times, including how he sounds like Roy Campbell, and also plays a role very similar to the Colonel, and being the MGS fan that I know you are, surely you know Colonel Roy Campbell, and probably have an imagination to know, at least based on what I described, that RE has a character who could be considered a rip-off of a character from another game.

If you're okay with Capcom degrading the character by ripping off Tomb Raider, I suppose.

It wouldn't be degrading, it'd be pretty natural for Jill, the attire, and the location, as I explained before, would be a natural possible turn for the next RE game.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they'll go stripperific the first chance they get. US Army Special Forces and ANA in Afghanistan certainly don't, and it gets upwards of 120 F there on a regular basis.

Oh come on, I know if I were out in Afghanistan or Egypt I'd go stipperific the first chance I got. tongue.gif

Not to mention there are these nasty little things called sandstorms in such places, which can rip skin from bone and aren't something you want to be caught in while dressed in shorts and a tank top. Maybe you should look to the individuals who operate in these hostile environments to see what makes sense.

I've heard of those, but the plot that I imagined takes place mostly inside the Pyramids, away from such sandstorms. And if Lara could do it, why not Jill? It could be fine weather when the possible events of RE7 are going on.

Well, her situation in RE3 was that she was caught in the outbreak and had to get out ASAP. And I doubt she donned the battlesuit willfully.

Sure. But where was she dressed to go? To see her local RE pimp in front of J's Bar? Jill wasn't a call girl. I don't think there's anything wrong with her outfit at all, just that it might not be that practical. I also don't know what the weather conditions were in RE3, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I know Anderson, in Apocolypse, tried to use the weather to help support her wearing a short skirt and a tube top, which is why I mention it at all.

She may not have chose to initially dress up in the BS, but that doesn't mean she couldn't have come to like it later? Maybe Chris liked it? IDK, just sayin' I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 27 2012, 12:23 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Dec 26 2012, 09:21 PM)
At least how she's got a cap and ponytail

Oh, yeah, like nobody ever thought of feeding a ponytail through the sizing loop of a cap before Terminator 2 came out. rolleyes.gif

Never did what? But yeah, I do say, he looked and sounded like him.

Typo. I meant to say I never saw any resemblance.

I see. Well, I did briefly describe O'brien a few times, including how he sounds like Roy Campbell, and also plays a role very similar to the Colonel, and being the MGS fan that I know you are, surely you know Colonel Roy Campbell, and probably have an imagination to know, at least based on what I described, that RE has a character who could be considered a rip-off of a character from another game.

So he's a commanding officer in a paramilitary organization. Hardly a concept that originated in MGS. Him sounding like Campbell could also be because maybe Campbell's VA, Paul Eiding, voiced him. Sharing a voice actor hardly means he's a Campbell ripoff, because I can name numerous characters voiced by one individual that aren't plagiarized from a single source.

It wouldn't be degrading, it'd be pretty natural for Jill, the attire, and the location, as I explained before, would be a natural possible turn for the next RE game.

Yes, it's a natural possible turn for RE to plagiarize Tomb Raider instead of trying to go back to being something unique. rolleyes.gif Though I suppose I should actually be happy with that idea since I've grown tired of the Call of Duty template they've followed for a number of years.

Oh come on, I know if I were out in Afghanistan or Egypt I'd go stipperific the first chance I got. tongue.gif

That's your business. Jill, on the other hand, doesn't have any known history of dressing like a stripper when knowingly going into a combat zone. She'd wear long sleeves and pants to protect her arms and legs from things like the sun, broken glass, and so on.

I've heard of those, but the plot that I imagined takes place mostly inside the Pyramids, away from such sandstorms.

Does it also entail her going on a search for her mother, whom she lost as a child after they found a portal to Avalon?

And if Lara could do it, why not Jill?

Because Jill is not Lara. She's a completely unique character in her own right and mimicking Lara Croft would be an insult to her.

Sure. But where was she dressed to go? To see her local RE pimp in front of J's Bar? Jill wasn't a call girl. I don't think there's anything wrong with her outfit at all, just that it might not be that practical. I also don't know what the weather conditions were in RE3, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Another stripperific outfit designed to drive the libido of teenage boys through the roof, just like Lara's tank top and shorts.

She may not have chose to initially dress up in the BS, but that doesn't mean she couldn't have come to like it later?

If she appears, canonically, in a future game wearing said suit, we'll have an answer to that.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 09:47 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Dec 27 2012, 01:23 AM)
Oh, yeah, like nobody ever thought of feeding a ponytail through the sizing loop of a cap before Terminator 2 came out. rolleyes.gif

I couldn't say. Jill's ponytail is below her cap though, and not through the sizing loop. Even so, it's obviously a distinguishing thing about her character, and now Jill's too, and is a resemblence.

Typo. I meant to say I never saw any resemblance.

Ah. The slicked back hair, black sunglasses, and all black outfit including a long dark trenchcoat. That describes each character.

So he's a commanding officer in a paramilitary organization. Hardly a concept that originated in MGS. Him sounding like Campbell could also be because maybe Campbell's VA, Paul Eiding, voiced him. Sharing a voice actor hardly means he's a Campbell ripoff, because I can name numerous characters voiced by one individual that aren't plagiarized from a single source.

Paul Eiding didn't lend his voice to O'brien in RER, trust me, I looked it up, because I thought it sounded just like him. The fact that it does, leads me to believe that it something Capcom may have intended, a direction they gave him for voicing the role. Capcom is quite picky about the VA in RE. They know what they want their characters to sound like.

And I never said that I thought his character was a rip-off, just that it's something that could be considered a rip-off. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/deadhorse.gif

Yes, it's a natural possible turn for RE to plagiarize Tomb Raider instead of trying to go back to being something unique. rolleyes.gif

Natural turn for the location. Tomb Raider doesn't have exclusive rights to egypt you know. rolleyes.gif

Unique like...a city with zombies?

That's your business. Jill, on the other hand, doesn't have any known history of dressing like a stripper when knowingly going into a combat zone. She'd wear long sleeves and pants to protect her arms and legs from things like the sun, broken glass, and so on.

She did in RE3. Even though she knew the city was a combat zone, full of the undead, BOWs, and of course the UBCS were all over, shooting, tossing grenades, etc. Yet she chose the mini skirt and tube top.

Besides, Lara apparently didn't have any problems in Egypt wearing the skimpy outfit.

Does it also entail her going on a search for her mother, whom she lost as a child after they found a portal to Avalon?

Actually no, it's going to have a younger Jill with pigtails, and her father, exploring tombs, until he falls into a trap and gets killed, and Jill has to escape alone. It's going to be called, Resident Evil 7: The Last Revelation. happy.gif

Because Jill is not Lara. She's a completely unique character in her own right and mimicking Lara Croft would be an insult to her.

It wouldn't be mimicking, because Jill will be dressed in her BSAA attire, and will be dressed for the hot weather, and for exploring. Jill can wear shorts too. It'll be ok Rick Grimes. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tissue.gif

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Dec 27 2012, 01:23 AM)
Another stripperific outfit designed to drive the libido of teenage boys through the roof, just like Lara's tank top and shorts.

Indeed. I guess they have that in common, their style. And sex appeal. Yet another reason it fits.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --