Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Resident Evil 6
Relative Risk
 Posted: Mar 18 2011, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Mar 5 2011, 01:04 AM)
howabout we just wait n see, pointless 1-upping seems to be getting old. besides if sony get it, so will xbox.

Then don't instigate by throwing bombs around like, "Sony needs all the help they can get," or "eventually Sony will fall," etc.

QUOTE (Master Daddy V @ Mar 7 2011, 06:58 AM)
That's right this new one is the preview shown with Jill on the bloody boat right? You can tell it wasn't finished because the monster had no real form to it other than it's shape.

Bloody boat... I think you're referring to Revelations, as nothing has yet been revealed about RE6's storyline.
PM
Relative Risk
 Posted: Apr 18 2011, 02:18 AM
Quote Post

*bump*

user posted image

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City’s producer Masachika Kawata, while speaking to GamePro Germany, had this to say when asked directly if Resident Evil 6 will include more horror:

“Right now, i cannot say anything about Resident Evil 6. I don’t even know if its in development. (the whole room full of Capcom employees begins to laugh). But: As you know, i am also working on Resident Evil: Revelations for the Nintendo 3DS and that will definitely focus on Horror. So on the handheld, the series walks on classic paths.”

Source

...*middle finger*
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 18 2011, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

I find his claim that he "don’t [sic] even know if its in development" to be a load of crap. RE6 is like GTA5 in that while there's been a load of rumors, "jokes" (like Gilbert Gottfried's Twitter remark about voicing the main protagonist... Zeus, I hope that really was a joke unsure.gif ), and seeming cover-ups, you'd be a fool not to believe it's in development. sleep.gif I damn sure believe it is. Why would it not be?
PM Email Poster
Relative Risk
 Posted: Apr 18 2011, 03:24 AM
Quote Post

Surely that [dickish] laughter was in regards to the absurdity of Kawata-san's claim. While I suspect the development of RE6 is being organized, I'd be surprised if they've yet made significant progress--unlike GTA5, which is not only due for an imminent announcement but also rumored to be teased at E3.

Operation Raccoon City and Revelations are both likely slated for 2012, so... RE6 in 2014?
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Apr 19 2011, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Apr 18 2011, 04:13 AM)
Surely that [dickish] laughter was in regards to the absurdity of Kawata-san's claim.  While I suspect the development of RE6 is being organized, I'd be surprised if they've yet made significant progress--unlike GTA5, which is not only due for an imminent announcement but also rumored to be teased at E3.

Operation Raccoon City and Revelations are both likely slated for 2012, so...  RE6 in 2014?

Right. I was going to ask when ORC was coming out, I guess it's still TBD.
PM
Relative Risk
 Posted: Apr 20 2011, 01:37 AM
Quote Post

Hey, someone in Capcom's PR department finally decided Kawata-san should have a serious, polished answer for the inevitable RE6 questions:

We've been hearing a lot lately about Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and other already announced titles in Capcom’s Resident Evil franchise. But what about Resident Evil 6? Well, Capcom’s own Masachika Kawata has issued a statement regarding the inevitable sequel in an interview with MarcaPlayer.

"The series will see a complete renovation with the next entry on every level. But we can't forget about all the previous entries that have led to the creation of many possibilities for the franchise. I can't say if we’re going to make it (Resident Evil 6) survival horror or a shooter, but I can say that it’ll be totally different."

Source

...Scratch that, officially 0% progress on RE6 development. dry.gif
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Apr 20 2011, 02:16 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Apr 20 2011, 12:26 AM)

"I can't say if we’re going to make it (Resident Evil 6) survival horror or a shooter, but I can say that it’ll be totally different."

Grrrr... Oh, just stop that, Capcom! It's like they don't even listen to the fans. Oh wait, this is Capcom we're talking about.
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Apr 20 2011, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ Apr 20 2011, 03:05 AM)
QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Apr 20 2011, 12:26 AM)

"I can't say if we’re going to make it (Resident Evil 6) survival horror or a shooter, but I can say that it’ll be totally different."

Grrrr... Oh, just stop that, Capcom! It's like they don't even listen to the fans. Oh wait, this is Capcom we're talking about.

Capcom needs and intervention, they are worse than drug addicts and alcoholics....

Seriously though, they do seem more concerned for people that don't play their games. The ones that don't care about the consistency of the series. Who complain about having to stop to aim to shoot.
PM
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Jan 19 2012, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 3
Credits: 1020

PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 19 2012, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Sweet, T-virus zombies. http://bleachexile.com/exec/images/emoticons/guitar1.gif
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jan 23 2012, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Damn that avatar is ridiculous Spartan.

And RE6 looks amazing.smile.gif

I'm really liking a lot of what I see. That part where Leon slides on his back is pretty ace.

Zombies are much appreciated.

I guess the main thing to be discussed is who the new guy is, the one with the shaved head talking about, "Ponying up that dough".

I initially kinda though Alex Wesker, and I know others have suspected Steve....IDK.

I compared pics, and it doesn't look too different from Steve, and we don't know what Alex looks like so it could still be him.

I also think that the voice isn't so different than Steve, at least an older version, and compared more to DSC Steve than CVX.
PM
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 3
Credits: 1020

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Jan 23 2012, 10:44 PM)

And RE6 looks amazing.smile.gif

I'm really liking a lot of what I see. That part where Leon slides on his back is pretty ace.

Zombies are much appreciated.

I guess the main thing to be discussed is who the new guy is, the one with the shaved head talking about, "Ponying up that dough".

I initially kinda though Alex Wesker, and I know others have suspected Steve....IDK.

I compared pics, and it doesn't look too different from Steve, and we don't know what Alex looks like so it could still be him.

I also think that the voice isn't so different than Steve, at least an older version, and compared more to DSC Steve than CVX.

I had a friend who said it was Steve. And I would have liked to see that. But you can't have Steve's return done properly without Claire being in the game, and it doesn't look like she is in this one. I was reading an RE6 article in Playstation Magazine today, and it said "Early speculation outs him to be Alex Wesker" and from that point on refer to him as Alex. I looked for the article online, but can't find it. It's in the most recent issue of the magazine. Apologies, I tried. unsure.gif
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 21 2012, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

I think it would make most sense to have Claire there for Steve to return, but I'm not against him coming back and her not being part of the equation.

Maybe Chris and him will meet up, so we'll have Steve and her bro...

BTW I got ORC, it's a prime example of action shooter in RE, and hopefully Spartan gets to play it just to see what RE Action Shooter is, cuz it certainly isn't RE4.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 21 2012, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Opinion duly noted and classified under "things I don't care about".

BTW I got ORC, it's a prime example of action shooter in RE, and hopefully Spartan gets to play it just to see what RE Action Shooter is, cuz it certainly isn't RE4.

I've already played RE4 and RE5, so I know what an RE action shooter is. I've no interest in putting my money toward a franchise I no longer have any kind of connection to, especially with Medal of Honor: Warfighter releasing this year.

Now keep your disagreement over my disinterest in RE in the correct topic, please. This isn't the place for it.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 22 2012, 12:20 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 21 2012, 05:11 PM)

Opinion duly noted and classified under "things I don't care about".

I've already played RE4 and RE5, so I know what an RE action shooter is. I've no interest in putting my money toward a franchise I no longer have any kind of connection to, especially with Medal of Honor: Warfighter releasing this year.

Now keep your disagreement over my disinterest in RE in the correct topic, please. This isn't the place for it.

I only made a referrence to your dissagreement with what RE4 and RE5 are. RE4 specifically is getting all the bashing, which it doesn't deserve.

But anyway, it was in referrence to ORC.

Which still isn't RE6, but whatever, because I'm talking about the gameplay of RE6 compared to ORC.

ORC's gameplay blows. I hope RE6 isn't like that. RER's controls were perfect.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll