Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Resident Evil 6
Relative Risk
 Posted: Feb 21 2011, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

Since today marks the first mainstreamed [believable] rumor regarding Resident Evil 6 development, this thread is hereby established.

A couple of weeks before Resident Evil 5 was showed off at E3 a few years back reports had emerged that the Capcom-developed game may have become a timed exclusive on the Xbox 360, after Microsoft reportedly offered them a lucrative deal. Well, now, it seems that Sony are willing to do the same, but this time for the game’s yet-to-be-announced successor Resident Evil 6 for the PlayStation 3.

From what I have been told Sony have already reportedly offered Capcom a fee which they are believed to be considering; the deal, if approved by the developer, will see Resident Evil 6 be a PlayStation 3 exclusive for at least half-a-year to a year; the contract is still reportedly under approval by Capcom so the length of the deal has yet to be confirmed.

If the deal is struck by both parties then an E3 reveal is highly likely, and will probably hold the same shock when it was announced Final Fantasy XIII would be going mult-platform. For the time being, this is just a rumor so take it with a pinch of salt but with Microsoft getting all the recent timed exclusivity deals (such as all Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC will arrive on the Xbox 360 first) Sony are looking to bounce back with a bang.

Source

Take a deep breath, Roy. tongue.gif
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Feb 21 2011, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

*kisses PS3*

Yes! I hope this really happens, it’s going to be insane! Can you imagine the DLC content? True, it does shaft the 360 crowd a little bit, like: Yeah… yeeeah… yeeeeaaaaahhh! But, well, they can make do with their Halo: Gears of Duty 3 & 1/2 for a while until the exclusive license is up.

I’m a pretty happy fanboy, right now. It only makes sense for Capcom, and Resident Evil in general, to finally base its newest, biggest future product on the proper console, if only for a little while before the inevitable ports.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 21 2011, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

It would be about time that Sony gets an exclusive mainstream RE title ("mainstream" as in excluding titles like Outbreak and Dead Aim), even if for a short time.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 24 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Feb 21 2011, 03:48 PM)
It would be about time that Sony gets an exclusive mainstream RE title ("mainstream" as in excluding titles like Outbreak and Dead Aim), even if for a short time.

I don't know that I have anything relevant to say, but compliments on your sig Spartan.smile.gif

But anyway, as a 360 owner, I sure hope I'm not left in the dust with any future RE games.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Feb 24 2011, 02:12 PM)
I don't know that I have anything relevant to say, but compliments on your sig Spartan.smile.gif

I got a whole folder full of 'em. tongue.gif

But anyway, as a 360 owner, I sure hope I'm not left in the dust with any future RE games.

It's not that I hate 360 or anything like that (on the contrary, I think it's a great console), I just feel that Playstation has been getting shafted in regards to some of its exclusives since the waning days of PS2.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 25 2011, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Feb 24 2011, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (Spike991 @ Feb 24 2011, 02:12 PM)

I got a whole folder full of 'em. tongue.gif

It's not that I hate 360 or anything like that (on the contrary, I think it's a great console), I just feel that Playstation has been getting shafted in regards to some of its exclusives since the waning days of PS2.

I also liked Melina's pink attire, it looks just like that, but pink.smile.gif

If RE were going to be exclusive to any of the current gen consoles, 360, ps3 & Wii, ps3 would be most deserving for sure, as the RE games originated there, and have consistently been there, on Ps that is.
PM
KeVo
 Posted: Feb 25 2011, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 4
Credits: 1145

PS3 needs more exclusives. Go for it. 360 already has Call of Duty with PS3 getting the cheap port. -.-
PM Email Poster MSN
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Feb 26 2011, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 15
Credits: 1160

hehe nice risky nice, but to be honest i actually agree that the ps3 needs more exclusives. sony needs all the help they can get. besides if enough hardcore xbox 360 fanboys want it theyll get, but if it makes the ps3 feel better to get a temporaly exclusive game, then so be it. Besides that, i head resident evil is goint to be a reboot of the series, so i dont know what to expect.
PM Email Poster Users Website
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 26 2011, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Feb 26 2011, 10:20 AM)
hehe nice risky nice, but to be honest i actually agree that the ps3 needs more exclusives. sony needs all the help they can get.

Yeah, coming from an obvious 360 fanboy, that carries a lot of credibility behind it. rolleyes.gif
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Feb 27 2011, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

im not necesarily 100 percent xbox fanboy. maybe 50-50, all im saying is eventually sony will fall. but hey if it doesn't thats fine too.
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 27 2011, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Well, whatever percentage of fanboy you claim you are, the idea that Sony needs "help" is bull. RE6 should be an exclusive not because Sony is faltering in any way, but because Playstation is where Biohazard was born in the first place and henceforth where it should be reborn, assuming these reboot rumors turn out to be true.
PM Email Poster
Relative Risk
 Posted: Mar 3 2011, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Feb 26 2011, 01:20 PM)
Besides that, i head resident evil is goint to be a reboot of the series, so i dont know what to expect.

This foregone conclusion is so funny to me. Even though the "reboot" scenario has only been mentioned by Mikami and Takeuchi in passing (the former no longer associated with Capcom, and the latter sitting out RE6), the media has pretty much created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Feb 27 2011, 05:23 PM)
im not necesarily 100 percent xbox fanboy. maybe 50-50, all im saying is eventually sony will fall. but hey if it doesn't thats fine too.

The PS3, which is but a part of the overall Sony Corporation, is set to out-sell the 360 this fiscal year... What the hell are you talking about "fall"? Only a 100% fanboy would make such erroneous claims. If you're going to enlist in the Console War, devise better attacks. Besides, Nintendo’s winning; you'd think Sony and Microsoft supporters could at least unite against that common opposition.

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Feb 27 2011, 06:34 PM)
RE6 should be an exclusive not because Sony is faltering in any way, but because Playstation is where Biohazard was born in the first place and henceforth where it should be reborn, assuming these reboot rumors turn out to be true.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to bids. Let's hope Sony is high enough to satisfy Capcom and deter Microsoft.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 3 2011, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Mar 3 2011, 04:07 AM)
Unfortunately, it all comes down to bids.  Let's hope Sony is high enough to satisfy Capcom and deter Microsoft.

Yeah, I know. Sadly it's all about money, not heritage.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Mar 4 2011, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

howabout we just wait n see, pointless 1-upping seems to be getting old. besides if sony get it, so will xbox.
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Mar 7 2011, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

That's right this new one is the preview shown with Jill on the bloody boat right? You can tell it wasn't finished because the monster had no real form to it other than it's shape.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll