Books that went to pot when they became movies :/
Walker killer
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 32
Credits: 550

Inspired by the discussion on the other thread about books/screenplays that went to pot when they became movies predominantly resident evil for those who read the scripts to the RE movies... even the Anderson ones were pretty good.
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 8 2012, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

Well as I used it as an example in the other thread, there of course is GWTW, then there Is Scarlett, the sequel. The movie version of it made so many changes that it was barely recognizable as the same thing.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Aug 17 2012, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

i didnt know there was a sequel to GWTW
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 23 2012, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:12 PM)
i didnt know there was a sequel to GWTW

Yep there is, it came out in 1991 and was written by Alexandra Ripley. It is an EXCELLENT book! Ripley did an excellent job keeping the feel of GWTW and kept with what Mitchel wrote, not the movie. Sadly when they made the mini series for it they changed a lot of major things AND they followed the history of the movie, not the book. It's not that bad as movies go per say, but it is not Ripley's work, they took too much "literary license". I have it and usually watch it every time I watch GWTW... It's grown on me. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif I can enjoy it as a historical love piece that has my favorite characters in them http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/sHa_cloud9.gif
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Aug 23 2012, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

It makes a person wonder juct how much 'pull' an author has once they have signed on the dotted line for a movie or TV series. The walking Dead is another good example of changing things that didnt need to be changed. if they would have shot it like it was written it would have been a lot better, its an excellent graphic novel.
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Aug 24 2012, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Aug 23 2012, 05:41 PM)
It makes a person wonder juct how much 'pull' an author has once they have signed on the dotted line for a movie or TV series. The walking Dead is another good example of changing things that didnt need to be changed. if they would have shot it like it was written it would have been a lot better, its an excellent graphic novel.

That is the problem, if they want the big bucks that putting it on tv or the big screen they have to give up a lot of control, especially if they aren't "famous". It would have to be a tough decision to make. If they stay with it and do make a success of themselves they at least have a shot at getting that control back, like Stephen King did.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll