Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

What Are You Reading?
Col. Radec
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Jan 21 2011, 06:20 PM)
Im not implying im in college. i believe i posted elsewhere a while back that said, i am in college. And yes i am in college. Its called getting of the couch, get an education and a decent career that pays well.  Have you tried that yet, Radec?

Psst.......In case you didn't know to get this magical thing called a career,it  requires you to go to..........College!     And what do you read in college?.............. College books!

Yeah, I mean, really, I’m gonna be 25 this year. I’m only a grad student at one of the top Universities in the world (UCLA). I’m just some hard science major. What would I know about anything?

Oh wait, I do know about college books! The Confident Writer, hmm… why does that sound familiar? Isn’t that the touchy-feely book they give out to freshmen, with writing difficulties, to fulfill English gen-ed requirements? Ouch. My sympathies, kid. Oh, and by the way, it's spelled "Kindergartner."

Kind of overzealous to say you'll be majoring in political science “next semester" now, isn't it? News Flash: I fulfilled all my gen-ed while still in high school.

Aww, you didn’t expect that? It’s okay, Junior. I'm sure your Texas College has a good football team, though! Tell me, and be honest, do they still teach "Intelligent Design"?

user posted image
PM
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 15
Credits: 1160

Why radec I'm actually not sure considering i am 19 and yes I am a freshman in college. And of course I'm having trouble writing considering my numerous posts and horrible spelling but hey I'm only human and at least I'm man enough to admit my own mistakes. Just like i don't know why i wrote next semester, I supposed I mistyped that. As far as the book goes, haven't really gone into it so I don't know whats in there. And why are you bringing up "Kindergartner"? That was between me and spartan. Also radec not everyone has rich parents they can mooch off of, there are people in this world that are also poor. Also i believe you are trying to insult me but you gotta understand this isn't high school. 25 year-old insulting a 19-year old? Pathetic, radec even i thought you would have some standards. I really sympathize you kid, and your pathetic "attempted insults". But hey I like helping people with problems, so if posting negatively about me while you are toting makes your pathetic ,sad , life a little better then by all means please do continue. In fact I think you are quite humorous, hence you make me laugh. Here Ill even give you something else to make me laugh about. I also take A math or algebra class too. I'd like to see what hilarious remark you have for that too. Also sir i don't do football. Chasing a ball only to get tackled upon, not how i wanna spend my college years. So in closing dude imma have to catch you later. Have a nice day.
PM Email Poster Users Website
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

There seems to be some inconsistency in your story here, Roy. Let me first reiterate an earlier post of yours in this very thread...

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Dec 9 2010, 06:26 PM)
i actually do write alot better on important thing such as articles and chapters i write for websites and such. though i do admit the i type here is verry illiterate reason why is simply cause i assume u guys understand the crap i write.

^In this post, you stated that you wrote "a lot better" on important things and inferred that this site just wasn't important enough for your "good" writing skills.

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Jan 27 2011, 02:12 PM)
And of course I'm having trouble writing considering my numerous posts and horrible spelling but hey I'm only human and at least I'm man enough to admit my own mistakes.

^But now in your post right above this one, you're pointing to your typing here as a sign that you're "having trouble writing".

This isn't adding up, my friend. You've given two different stories here. blink.gif
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Well spartan if you add 1 plus 1 you get 2 right? Well Sometimes i dont feel like typing correctly, and other times i have trouble spelling words and using proper punctuation and such. so in simple terms two problems or two reasons. you call on how you take it. Its hard to explain. i didn't care about that stuff in high school cause well i didn't write much. to whereas on certain sites i am more motivated to give it my 100 percent on spelling. Unfortunately i no longer do this anymore. Besides spartan even you commented on how i was so illiterate before, i don't think it matters much anymore.
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Jan 27 2011, 07:00 PM)
Well spartan if you add 1 plus 1 you get 2 right? Well Sometimes i dont feel like typing correctly, and other times i have trouble spelling words and using proper punctuation and such. so in simple terms two problems or two reasons. you call on how you take it. Its hard to explain.

Um... yeah, quite. blink.gif

i didn't care about that stuff in high school cause well i didn't write much. to whereas on certain sites i am more motivated to give it my 100 percent on spelling.

You didn't write much in high-school? Did you go to a different kind of high-school than I did? I don't know about you, but I was writing on a daily basis. Math, science, English, social studies... all had tests and quizzes which required writing, so I did quite a lot of it.

spartan even you commented on how i was so illiterate before, i don't think it matters much anymore.

I never said you were illiterate, I said you type like a kindergartner high on crack. Someone who's illiterate can not only not write, but in most cases can't read either. The fact that we're having this discussion firmly disparages the idea that you can't read, so while your writing skills may be (and I mean no offense) atrocious, you're well above the "illiterate" line.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

well we all write in high school but for our school its mostly based on filling in circles. I was outta school for a while and then the whole stupid texting lingo messed up my writing and i became so used to using shortened words such as u, txt, lol, rofl, etc,etc. I might have dyslexia but im unsure of this. But yes even i agree my writing is atrocious.
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

currently reading, how to remove fingerprints from dead bodies.
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Mar 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

Anyways as always I've been hooking on Seventh Tower. The only downside is that I only have one book so it's beginning to get dull. If anyone has a link for the other books let me know.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Nov 20 2011, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 3
Credits: 1020

I'm reading Jurassic Park. It's so good! I HIGHLY recommend it! It's totally different from the movie, and much, much better. wub.gif http://bleachexile.com/exec/images/emoticons/th_woot.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Nov 21 2011, 06:04 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Nov 20 2011, 05:09 PM)
I'm reading Jurassic Park. It's so good! I HIGHLY recommend it! It's totally different from the movie, and much, much better.  wub.gif  http://bleachexile.com/exec/images/emoticons/th_woot.gif

I've read it and the sequel, both are most excellent!! In fact, I've read them numerous times lol....

I'm reading The Terror ~ Dan Simmons It's a horror novel based on the Lost Expedition of Sir John Franklin. Not too far into it, but so far not bad. smile.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Dec 11 2011, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Just started Meg ~ Steve Alten. So far a very good read! Looks to be 3 of them, so it's a trilogy smile.gif

If Michael Crichton and Clive Cussler were to combine their talents to create the ultimate summer read, MEG would be the result--a jaw-dropping and terrifying page-turner of the deep. On a top-secret dive into the Pacific Ocean's deepest canyon, Jonas Taylor found himself face-to-face with the largest and most ferocious predator in the history of the animal kingdom. The sole survivor of the mission, Taylor is haunted by what he's sure he saw but still can't prove exists--Carcharodon megalodon, the massive mother of the great white shark. The average prehistoric Meg weighs in at twenty tons and could tear apart a Tyrannosaurus rex in seconds. Written off as a crackpot suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, Taylor refuses to forget the depths that nearly cost him his life. With a Ph.D. in paleontology under his belt, Taylor spends years theorizing, lecturing, and writing about the possibility that Meg still feeds at the deepest levels of the sea. But it takes an old friend in need to get him to return to the water, and a hotshot female submarine pilot to dare him back into a high-tech miniature sub. Diving deeper than he ever has before, Taylor will face terror like he's never imagined, and what he finds could turn the tides bloody red until the end of time. Steve Alten holds a master's degree in sports medicine and has a Ph.D. from Temple University. An avid amateur oceanographer, Alten has been studying Megalodons for over ten years. He lives with his wife and three children in South Florida. MEGis his first novel.
PM
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Dec 11 2011, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Ashe @ Nov 21 2011, 05:04 AM)
I'm reading Jurassic Park. It's so good! I HIGHLY recommend it! It's totally different from the movie, and much, much better.  wub.gif  http://bleachexile.com/exec/images/emoticons/th_woot.gif

I've read it and the sequel, both are most excellent!! In fact, I've read them numerous times lol....

I'm reading The Terror ~ Dan Simmons It's a horror novel based on the Lost Expedition of Sir John Franklin. Not too far into it, but so far not bad. smile.gif

I'll bet they both are! I finished Jurassic Park and would love to get my hands on The Lost World! I can't wait to read it!

I'm currently reading another of his books, called Next. It's not as great, but it's still pretty neat. smile.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Dec 12 2011, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Dec 11 2011, 08:10 PM)

I'll bet they both are! I finished Jurassic Park and would love to get my hands on The Lost World! I can't wait to read it!

I'm currently reading another of his books, called Next. It's not as great, but it's still pretty neat. smile.gif

I may have that in ebook form.... I can look if ya want and send you the file... Can't promise it, but I have a bunch of Crichton and over 400 ebooks on my laptop........ smile.gif So odds are in your favor tongue.gif
PM
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Dec 12 2011, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Ashe @ Dec 12 2011, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Dec 11 2011, 08:10 PM)

I may have that in ebook form.... I can look if ya want and send you the file... Can't promise it, but I have a bunch of Crichton and over 400 ebooks on my laptop........ smile.gif So odds are in your favor tongue.gif

That would be AWESOME! Now I'll have a more productive excuse for being on the computer so much! tongue.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Dec 13 2011, 04:00 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Attached File  The_Lost_World__303_.rar here ya go.... It's a mobi file, which will open with a Kindle or Calibre ( which is a free ebook reader which will open all forms books. It's what I use, love it I do tongue.gif )

Attached 1 File(s)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll