Gene
 Posted: Dec 12 2012, 06:01 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Trainee
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 34
Credits: 120

I love how the Nintendo section empty.... NOBODY LIKES YOU GUYS

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts on the WII U? Do you think it's just another gimmick like the WII was or do you think that this will be a console that will redefine gaming?

I'm pretty indifferent about it personally, it just looks like another gimmick by Nintendo which will inevitably be copied by Sony and Microsoft when they realise how well it has sold.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 12 2012, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

I'm certainly not planning on getting one.

Unless developers can start giving us games like REmake and MGS: Twin Snakes (and I don't mean just porting those games over from the GC), I don't see the Wii-U going anywhere. Nintendo tried relying on their "innovative" motion control paired with largely mediocre games instead of conventional control methods with good and great games, and look where that got them. My mother bought a Wii a couple of years ago because she thought swinging the controller around was "cool", but guess what? She hasn't played it in over a year because swinging said controller around got old quick.

And being a handheld (Wii-U is a handheld, isn't it?) is no excuse. Sony is giving us full-fledged Assassin's Creed and Uncharted games on Vita, after all.
PM Email Poster
Gene
 Posted: Dec 12 2012, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Trainee
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 34
Credits: 120

No I believe it's a console...but the controller looks like a handheld.

But yeah, the same thing happened with my mom. She also got the Wii fit, and when she realised it was essentially standing on a piece of plastic doing stretches it dawned on her how awful the Wii was.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll