Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) This topic is Closed Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Getting disenfranchised with RE
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 01:44 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

Yes, although not for very many years.

Well with all that's happened, I hate to say I don't believe you there, but those are a couple of the most rare games in the series, and I haven't even played Suvivor 2. But...if you've played 'em, you've played 'em. smile.gif

And that is where you are wrong. It is ALL about opinion. Intending something to be something doesn't make it the thing you intended. Example: I dye my hair intending it to be blonde but what I get is green. Going by your way of thinking my hair is blonde even though the color is clearly green. All because that was my intentions.

BS. It's not opinion at all. It's opinion whether you liked the games. It's opinion whether you found them scary.

It is NOT opinion whether a certain thing was placed in a spot to make you jump, whether it made you jump or not. If you weren't scared playing RE4, good for you, whoopdy doo, but that doesn't mean that they didn't impliment horror into the game.

That's what I'm saying. And you and Spartan are acting like I'm incapable of comprehending something, while you seem just as incapable.

You find ridiculous looking alien critters popping out of head horror, I don't.  Do you even realize how silly it sounds when you say I wanted to dislike RE4????? Why on earth would I want to dislike a game in a franchise that I have been playing since the beginning?

I bought the first RE game on it's release!! I have bought all other games up until RE5, wasn't going to waste my money on that garbage, I did, however, play the piece of garbage by renting it, so even with me having hated the previous installment of the game I still gave the next one a shot!! And you call us biased.... what a crock!

Keep in mind that I haven't defended RE5 here at all, because I can't do that in good faith. RE4 however, is a different story. RE4 had puzzles, RE4 had horror, and RE4 had survival.

And if it sounds ridiculous, it's because of how ridiculous this all is. It HONESTLY seems like you just want to hate RE4. I'm being serious. I can appreciate the good things, and the bad things about RE4, but it seems like a BLINDED BIASED OPINION that I'm arguing against. That's why this whole thing seems ridiculous.

Biased, as in favor of everything Pre-RE4, as if it's all amazingly, scaringly perfect, and RE4 is just a peice of garbage that has zero horror, puzzles or anthing.

RE4 is getting zero credit, at least from Spartan. I mean he's said that it's a good game, or something like that, and I definately acknowlege how you say there was "little" horror in RE4.

Little horror and ZERO horror in RE4, are two totally different things. Fact of the matter is there is horror, doesn't matter if it's only a single part(which it isn't, it's all throughout the game), it's there, and cannot be ignored. But that's what it seems like is happening, which is again, why I've used the term "bias".

And you're damn right I haven't called anybody a liar. I'm actually trying really hard to be respectable to a couple of peeps I've known on here, on the net, for a pretty good while, especially Spartan, but no way in hell am I gonna lay down on this issue.

Spartan and me discussed this heatedly a LONG time ago, and since it's been pretty taboo. But the RE4 bashing is hella annoying, especially when it seems unwarranted. At least in this case, where one is claiming that the horror is absent entirely, then I'm gonna be all over it like white on rice.

The movies is where he has tried his hand at horror and failed miserably. His movies suck big time. The man thinks blood and gore will make a horror movie, it doesn't. It makes a gore movie!!

I like a couple of his songs, otherwise I could give two $#@# about his movies. That Halloween remake was garbage.

You really need to learn what some terms mean before you start to call people biased or liars. And I know you haven't come right out and used the term liar, but you have implied it a million times over in this thread, and as I said earlier, it is not helping your case at all!!

Spartan was asking for an opinion on the games that have been released since RE4. He wanted to know how we felt about the franchise. Now since you clearly don't know what an opinion is it is this: Opinion ~ A personal view, attitude, or appraisal. An opinion is NOT fact, therefore it can't really be right or wrong. It is how someone feels towards something.

Nothing you said was ignored, we just don't feel the same way you do. You can argue all you want til you are blue in the face, but it's not going to change a single thing. At the end of the day I'm still going to feel that RE4 had very little horror and practically zero survival in it.

I'm sure I NEED a lot of things, but one thing I do not need, is you telling me what you think I need to do.

I certainly don't need to be patronized. Though I'm sure we can all use a lil bit of that.

Don't feel the same way? So that's what I'm saying when I've said that I would love to have some sort of evidentiary vid or something, to see this completely unsatisfied and dull look on your face, that lacks dread or fear, when you are locked in a small room with the garrador, who will tear you to shreds, unless you quietly maneuver around and find ways to kill it. I mean, that's an intense little part.

Now you can argue opinion here, maybe you didn't find it intense, but no way can it be argued that locking YOU, the player, down in a small room, with a tough enemy like that, is not an Effin perfect example of horror in RE4.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:20 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Well with all that's happened, I hate to say I don't believe you there, but those are a couple of the most rare games in the series, and I haven't even played Suvivor 2.

How dare you call me a liar!!! Do you realize that I am probably the oldest person on this forum. My oldest child is most likely older than you? You probably haven't played it because you were in diapers when they came out! I have been playing video games for longer than you've been alive!! And for your information.... those 2 games are very easy to find to play on emulators.

And you and Spartan are acting like I'm incapable of comprehending something, while you seem just as incapable.

Once again how dare you! Seems to me you need to grow up and quit resorting to name calling when someone doesn't agree with you. You obviously are incapable of comprehending what we are saying since we have said it a million different ways. And if you remember correctly I never said there was no horror in the game, just very little.

I can appreciate the good things, and the bad things about RE4, but it seems like a BLINDED BIASED OPINION that I'm arguing against.

I reiterate, learn the definition before using it, clearly even with me having given you the definition of biased twice, you still don't know what it means.

And if it sounds ridiculous, it's because of how ridiculous this all is. It HONESTLY seems like you just want to hate RE4.

And I have to ask again why the hell would I want to hate a game in a franchise that I have been playing since the beginning? I like the franchise so well I own all the games except RE5, I own all the books in paperback and ebook form, I own all the movies.... yea I wanted to hate it....

And you're damn right I haven't called anybody a liar.

Well now you have and in your the post I'm quoting this stuff from, and it was me. Saying you don't believe me is saying I'm lying.... And I don't appreciate it one bit! I may be guilty of many things, but lying is not and never will be one of them. I am 41 years old and have absolutely no reason or inclination to lie. I don't need to, I can say and do what I want, if folks don't like it too bad.

Now you can argue opinion here, maybe you didn't find it intense, but no way can it be argued that locking YOU, the player, down in a small room, with a tough enemy like that, is not an Effin perfect example of horror in RE4.

Once again, like blood and gore don't equal horror, intensity doesn't either. Intensity equals intensity not horror.

^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 08:12 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

How dare you call me a liar!!! Do you realize that I am probably the oldest person on this forum. My oldest child is most likely older than you? You probably haven't played it because you were in diapers when they came out! I have been playing video games for longer than you've been alive!! And for your information.... those 2 games are very easy to find to play on emulators.

Drama queen much? I didn't call you a liar, open them eyes and read what I said. BTW, love how you left out the last part of that quote, did you do that on purpose?

I said I don't wanna say I don't believe you. I pointed out that those are the two most rare games in the series, which is legit, and that I haven't even played one of those.

I also conluded BTW saying that if you have them, you have them. So don't gimme that whiny angry post, like I did anything wrong.

Once again how dare you! Seems to me you need to grow up and quit resorting to name calling when someone doesn't agree with you. You obviously are incapable of comprehending what we are saying since we have said it a million different ways. And if you remember correctly I never said there was no horror in the game, just very little.

Okay Junior, I only turned up the heat, when it was turned up on me. You can't be offensive and condescending and patronizing, and I just turn my head, no way.

And ummm, duh, I purposely acknowledged that YOU specifically said there was only a little horror in RE4, and not ZERO. I specifically pointed out that Spartan has claimed that. Did you even read my post, seriously?

I reiterate, learn the definition before using it, clearly even with me having given you the definition of biased twice, you still don't know what it means.

I know what it means, when I looked it up in the dicionary, they had your picture there...weird.

And I have to ask again why the hell would I want to hate a game in a franchise that I have been playing since the beginning? I like the franchise so well I own all the games except RE5, I own all the books in paperback and ebook form, I own all the movies.... yea I wanted to hate it....

IDK, I really don't. Throw me a friggin bone, because I don't understand your logic.

Well now you have and in your the post I'm quoting this stuff from, and it was me. Saying you don't believe me is saying I'm lying.... And I don't appreciate it one bit! I may be guilty of many things, but lying is not and never will be one of them. I am 41 years old and have absolutely no reason or inclination to lie. I don't need to, I can say and do what I want, if folks don't like it too bad.

Can you speak up? It's kinda hard to hear you over the violins...

I reiterate, I never called you a liar, you got presumptuous and misunterstood or

Once again, like blood and gore don't equal horror, intensity doesn't either. Intensity equals intensity not horror.

That wasn't just "intensity". That was all of the elements to put you in a great horror setting for a specific enemy. That's very RE.

That's comparable to being locked down in the graveyard in REmake, with the old crimson head dude.

Oh, and I also love how you ignored the part about how I'm trying to be respectable to a couple of guys that I could honestly say I had respect for.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 01:36 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Spike, you need to just accept that Ashe and I have different opinions of RE4 and RE5 than you do. And contrary to your belief, it is a matter of opinion. If I'm biased about anything, it's you that I'm showing favor for by having not taken administrative action against you due to your constant sh*tting on me over being dissatisfied with RE4 and RE5. I've already pointed out REFD rule #1 via PM, Ashe and I are only responding in kind with the same amount of what's basically contempt that you've been showing us.

Simply put, RE4 and RE5 don't replicate the same kinds of feelings and experiences that the original games created for us due to the action shooter focus. For that reason, they aren't survival horror to us. If they made you pee your pants and have nightmares, good for you. You're just going to have to accept that Ashe and I feel differently and we aren't going to bow down to your fanboy dedication to them. [/discussion]
^
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 02:41 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

You are crossing the line buddy. You are proving yourself to be rude, immature and not able to carry on a discussion in a reasonable fashion when someone disagrees with you. You have been rude and argumentative throughout this whole thread. First with Spartan and now me. This discussion is now over, at least for me, because I don't put up with this kind of shit. Grow up buddy!
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 04:03 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Ashe @ Mar 26 2012, 03:41 AM)
You are crossing the line buddy. You are proving yourself to be rude, immature and not able to carry on a discussion in a reasonable fashion when someone disagrees with you.  You have been rude and argumentative throughout this whole thread. First with Spartan and now me. This discussion is now over, at least for me, because I don't put up with this kind of shit. Grow up buddy!

Hey, once you do, I'll be right behind you. Honestly, I've tried to be respectable, and while I did notice the same from you, I believe it was you that initially started with the disrespect.

@Spartan, the only thing that I'm gonna accept is that RE4 has Horror.

I'll accept nothing less.

It has it, and cannot be argued that it does not. I don't need to sit here and clarify all of what I'm saying. I don't need to talk about how RE4 has "some" horror, but very little. It's there.

You refuse to acknowledge any of it. I simply do not believe that during your playthrough that you didn't experience any of this RE stuff.

Honestly, play ORC, then come back and tell me the same thing about RE4. You want an action shooter, ORC is your game. I hate ORC. it's really bad.

And I don't mean because it plays like an action shooter, it's because it was done so horribly. The negative almost completely outweighs the positive.

And while I appreciate our friendship, don't threaten me, indirectly or otherwise, cuz I haven't broken any rules, at least nothing that either you or Ashe haven't in this same discussion.

I'm arguing my point in RE4, against two people, and I ain't laying down on the matter. I know I'm right.

I'm not gonna turn the other way, and let the RE4 hate be taboo still. It has been. This argument is old, you and me had it a long time ago, as I mentioned earlier.

It appears that I'm ACTUALLY going to have to sit here and point out all of RE4's pros and cons...
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:20 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 26 2012, 03:03 PM)
@Spartan, the only thing that I'm gonna accept is that RE4 has Horror.

I'll accept nothing less.

See, this is what I'm talking about. You claim you're trying to understand where I'm coming from, but then you basically demand that I agree with everything you say. This is the kind of disrespect and rudeness that Ashe and I have been getting from you.

IYou refuse to acknowledge any of it. I simply do not believe that during your playthrough that you didn't experience any of this RE stuff.

I can't acknowledge something I didn't experience. And I'm tired of you calling me a liar. Stop it. Now.

Honestly, play ORC, then come back and tell me the same thing about RE4. You want an action shooter, ORC is your game. I hate ORC. it's really bad.

I will if you'll buy it and FedEx it to me. Otherwise, I'm not going to pump money from my limited gaming budget into a franchise that I don't have any connection to anymore when there are other games, like Uncharted 3 and the God of War HD Collection, that I want to get because I enjoy the gameplay.

And while I appreciate our friendship, don't threaten me, indirectly or otherwise, cuz I haven't broken any rules, at least nothing that either you or Ashe haven't in this same discussion.

QUOTE (The Rules)
1. No flaming, either overtly or covertly, whatsoever. Treat everyone with the same respect you wish to receive yourself.

That's the rule you've broken. Treat everyone with the same respect you wish to be treated with, which you most definitely aren't doing. You don't want to be called rude, immature, or a fanboy? Well, stop calling me biased and a liar.

You might be allowed to run rough shot over people on REF, but this isn't REF and you aren't above the rules.

I'm arguing my point in RE4, against two people, and I ain't laying down on the matter. I know I'm right.

Of course you're right, because it's your opinion. But Ashe and I are also right about the opinions we've voiced. Opinions are never wrong, regardless of what they're about.

I'm not gonna turn the other way, and let the RE4 hate be taboo still. It has been. This argument is old, you and me had it a long time ago, as I mentioned earlier.

A taboo is an act, ritual, or habit that's proscribed by a society as improper or unacceptable. What you've essentially just stated is that you want hate of RE4 and RE5 to be commonplace and accepted.

It appears that I'm ACTUALLY going to have to sit here and point out all of RE4's pros and cons...

Then go ahead.

And please, stop with the caps locking. It's not necessary to scream at us because our eyes work just fine and we can see what you're typing. Need I also mention there's a rule against typing in all caps?

Edit: Okay, Spike, here's the review you wanted so badly.

http://residentevilfinaldaysii.b1.jcink.co...ct=ST&f=2&t=261

But, of course, you're most likely going to consider it biased as well and keep calling me a liar, since you can't respect the opinions of people who don't agree with you.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 12:34 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 26 2012, 08:20 PM)
See, this is what I'm talking about. You claim you're trying to understand where I'm coming from, but then you basically demand that I agree with everything you say. This is the kind of disrespect and rudeness that Ashe and I have been getting from you.

Wow, get over it and stop being presumptuous. I'm "basically" demanding that you agree with me. Basically calling you a liar, etc.

I haven't called anyone anything, that they didn't ask for. And "liar" is definately not something I've called anyone.

I can't acknowledge something I didn't experience. And I'm tired of you calling me a liar. Stop it. Now.

For me to stop calling you a liar, first I must begin by calling you a liar to start with. Otherwise I'm gonna find it rather difficult to stop doing something I'm not doing.

I will if you'll buy it and FedEx it to me. Otherwise, I'm not going to pump money from my limited gaming budget into a franchise that I don't have any connection to anymore when there are other games, like Uncharted 3 and the God of War HD Collection, that I want to get because I enjoy the gameplay.

Hell, I hate ORC. I really dislike it a bunch. I'm giving it a chance, and while I got it at midnight of it's release, and payed the full 60 bucks for it, I would almost give consideration to that idea. Granted I could expect it back. I just know this is the perfect RE game that isn't at all like an RE game. As much as you claim that you didn't like how RE4 didn't have horror or whatever, this game will make RE4 seem like your first experience with RE1 I bet. It's that horrible.

That's the rule you've broken. Treat everyone with the same respect you wish to be treated with, which you most definitely aren't doing. You don't want to be called rude, immature, or a fanboy? Well, stop calling me biased and a liar.

You might be allowed to run rough shot over people on REF, but this isn't REF and you aren't above the rules.

Fair enough, treat everyone as you want to be treated. Although, I'm not the bad guy here, I'm not the only one whose been a little less than nice. And I'd like to think that I was treated less than nice first.

Of course you're right, because it's your opinion. But Ashe and I are also right about the opinions we've voiced. Opinions are never wrong, regardless of what they're about.

Opinions are not wrong. But I've stated that it's not a matter of opinion. Because it isn't.

Then go ahead.

And please, stop with the caps locking. It's not necessary to scream at us because our eyes work just fine and we can see what you're typing. Need I also mention there's a rule against typing in all caps?

Edit: Okay, Spike, here's the review you wanted so badly.

http://residentevilfinaldaysii.b1.jcink.co...ct=ST&f=2&t=261

But, of course, you're most likely going to consider it biased as well and keep calling me a liar, since you can't respect the opinions of people who don't agree with you.

Okay, while I really do appreciate that you've FINALLY made the review, and I intend to read it after this, but as far as the Caps thing goes, clearly I'm not one of those spammy idiots that types everything in All Caps, or any other weird ass things like that. I'm just capitilizing certain words for emphasis. There's nothing wrong with that.

And considering I never do that, only here and now, because of the circumstances.

Oh, and just lastly, stop being such a pessimist. I'm going to read your review fairly, and try to tackle each issue, like I said I would.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  This topic is Closed Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --