Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) This topic is Closed Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Getting disenfranchised with RE
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 02:00 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 4 2012, 09:15 AM)
No amount of fanboy prodding by you can change that.

Now you're being insulting. I'm no RE4 fanboy. I just stick up for it because it's getting a lot of unnecessary hate...

The gameplay in RE4 was still unique. You are generalizing it all in such a hugely negative way, I cannot fathom how you can be so blind.

@Ashe, you don't have to search high or low for the horror in RE4 at all. The survival is definately questionable, but still there.

Really, aside from enemies dropping ammo, there's nothing wrong with the survival aspect.

And what about the fight with the Verdugo? Like you weren't super low on ammo, if not completely out, and same with health at that part, just waiting for the damn elevator to come on up...
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 02:40 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 7 2012, 01:00 AM)
Now you're being insulting. I'm no RE4 fanboy. I just stick up for it because it's getting a lot of unnecessary hate...

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. I've explained to you the reasons, perfectly valid reasons, I feel this way about RE4 and you chalk it up to "blindness" and "bias". That's a telltale sign of fanboyism. Tell me, am I biased for not having any interest in Mass Effect like 90% of the world? Am I biased because I got tired of Call of Duty's action movie-inspired gameplay and moved on to other shooters (like Medal of Honor and Battlefield) that I felt had better gameplay?

The gameplay in RE4 was still unique. You are generalizing it all in such a hugely negative way, I cannot fathom how you can be so blind.

Seeing things differently than you doesn't make me blind. I just don't see what you do. As I've said countless times, I have played RE4 and RE5 both countless times and there's no survival or horror to it for me.

And what about the fight with the Verdugo? Like you weren't super low on ammo, if not completely out, and same with health at that part, just waiting for the damn elevator to come on up...

I actually wasn't low on anything in that fight. Even on my first playthrough, I had more than enough shotgun shells and magnum rounds to keep on pounding it with.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:14 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 7 2012, 03:40 PM)

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. I've explained to you the reasons, perfectly valid reasons, I feel this way about RE4 and you chalk it up to "blindness" and "bias". That's a telltale sign of fanboyism. Tell me, am I biased for not having any interest in Mass Effect like 90% of the world? Am I biased because I got tired of Call of Duty's action movie-inspired gameplay and moved on to other shooters (like Medal of Honor and Battlefield) that I felt had better gameplay?

Seeing things differently than you doesn't make me blind. I just don't see what you do. As I've said countless times, I have played RE4 and RE5 both countless times and there's no survival or horror to it for me.

I actually wasn't low on anything in that fight. Even on my first playthrough, I had more than enough shotgun shells and magnum rounds to keep on pounding it with.

No way, you are completely wrong. And you aren't going to admit or try to prove it any way at all.

You are just gonna gimme this bogus, "It's not scary for me and I had zero trouble with my ammo" nonsense. Which is quite far from the truth I'm sure.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:28 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 7 2012, 03:40 PM)

No way, you are completely wrong. And you aren't going to admit or try to prove it any way at all.

You are just gonna gimme this bogus, "It's not scary for me and I had zero trouble with my ammo" nonsense. Which is quite far from the truth I'm sure.

How about instead you do the proving? Prove to me RE4 is survival horror instead of an action shooter like my playing it myself has shown me it is.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:04 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

I also didn't have a problem with it. The areas that normally gave me problems were the ones where you had to run from the boulders and such. Never was very good with the coordinating stuff these games can throw at ya. tongue.gif I usually had plenty of ammo and health items. I only ran low when I first started and didn't realize right away that the enemies were dropping ammo, once I did well I picked it up, usually ended up having to pitch ammo to make room for one thing or another.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 05:49 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

There, does someone else having almost the exact same experience convince you that I'm telling you the truth?

Look, Spike, you know I hold your opinions in very high regard. You enjoy RE4 and I do respect that, same as I tell everyone else, but I don't get why you can't show my feelings toward it that same respect. You think RE4 is a great RE game while I don't (as a game in its own right, however, I think it is fun, which I've stated several times), just like how I think Medal of Honor is a better FPS while others think Call of Duty is. Nobody is wrong, we just don't see eye to eye.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 9 2012, 01:59 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 8 2012, 06:49 PM)
There, does someone else having almost the exact same experience convince you that I'm telling you the truth?

Look, Spike, you know I hold your opinions in very high regard. You enjoy RE4 and I do respect that, same as I tell everyone else, but I don't get why you can't show my feelings toward it that same respect. You think RE4 is a great RE game while I don't (as a game in its own right, however, I think it is fun, which I've stated several times), just like how I think Medal of Honor is a better FPS while others think Call of Duty is. Nobody is wrong, we just don't see eye to eye.

No. And I can sit here and compare RE4 to it's predecessors with a long ass post all day, like I have in the past. I've compared them both to the tiniest little things, and RE4 is NOT that different.

I still see this as a negatively biased sort of thing.

It's just knowing that if you were to sit down and do a run on the Mines in RE5 Mercs, you would be runnin' scarred of those damn Reapers. That's in RE5.

Now the fact that you are saying RE4 has No Horror, or Very Little, is bogus. I mean, there are plenty of parts where it's obviously meant to be horror, and scary, and it's like you are just ignoring it because it's RE4.

While the scary, horror parts in previous games get praised like they are the scariest thing on the planet. It's ridiculous.

Oh, and are we completely ignoring the fact that when you played RE1 when you were younger, you were more prone to the scary stuff, while playing RE4, clearly you are older.

And more importantly desensitized to all that kinda stuff, as you've played and seen it all with RE. It's completely unfair to judge it like you are.

A mutation just isn't the same when you've seen it a thousand times before. Though, with all that said, I still loved the mutations in RE4. Mendez for instance.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 9 2012, 09:15 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 9 2012, 12:59 AM)

No. And I can sit here and compare RE4 to it's predecessors with a long ass post all day, like I have in the past. I've compared them both to the tiniest little things, and RE4 is NOT that different.

It's just knowing that if you were to sit down and do a run on the Mines in RE5 Mercs, you would be runnin' scarred of those damn Reapers. That's in RE5.

Now the fact that you are saying RE4 has No Horror, or Very Little, is bogus. I mean, there are plenty of parts where it's obviously meant to be horror, and scary, and it's like you are just ignoring it because it's RE4.

While the scary, horror parts in previous games get praised like they are the scariest thing on the planet. It's ridiculous.

Oh, and are we completely ignoring the fact that when you played RE1 when you were younger, you were more prone to the scary stuff, while playing RE4, clearly you are older.

And more importantly desensitized to all that kinda stuff, as you've played and seen it all with RE. It's completely unfair to judge it like you are.

A mutation just isn't the same when you've seen it a thousand times before. Though, with all that said, I still loved the mutations in RE4. Mendez for instance.

I've told you countless times, I bought the game and played it in the hope that it would be a great RE game. That alone shows I went into it with an open mind. But no, because I don't have the exact same opinion of it as you, I just must be biased. rolleyes.gif But contrary to what you believe, I am not, nor will ever be, obligated to like a certain game. I'm glad you enjoyed RE4, but I just had a much different experience with it. Learn to live with that, Spike. I don't have to prove shit to you. In fact, I'm more interested in you proving how you know I'm supposedly lying and how you know what I supposedly do when playing the game.

As for Reapers, I can take them down with five rounds from a handgun. They aren't that hard to defeat, you've just gotta know where to hit them rather than blast away carelessly. If I'm guilty of anything there, it's knowing how to maintain my composure instead of panicking when something doesn't go down in a single shot like in every other action shooter.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 02:58 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 9 2012, 10:15 AM)

I've told you countless times, I bought the game and played it in the hope that it would be a great RE game. That alone shows I went into it with an open mind. But no, because I don't have the exact same opinion of it as you, I just must be biased. rolleyes.gif But contrary to what you believe, I am not, nor will ever be, obligated to like a certain game. I'm glad you enjoyed RE4, but I just had a much different experience with it. Learn to live with that, Spike. I don't have to prove shit to you. In fact, I'm more interested in you proving how you know I'm supposedly lying and how you know what I supposedly do when playing the game.

As for Reapers, I can take them down with five rounds from a handgun. They aren't that hard to defeat, you've just gotta know where to hit them rather than blast away carelessly. If I'm guilty of anything there, it's knowing how to maintain my composure instead of panicking when something doesn't go down in a single shot like in every other action shooter.

Nope, you're wrong.

You are biased because you completely refuse to acknowledge anything postive about RE4. Or rather refuse to acknowledge the horror aspects at all, as if there were ZERO moments in RE4 that were intended, or provoked a horror response.

That's completely false and we both know it.

I don't have to prove shit, mainly because I've already proven it time and time again. It's tedious at this point, arguing this, but that's what happens when the other person is stubbornly biased. rolleyes.gif

^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 04:09 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 10 2012, 01:58 AM)

Nope, you're wrong.

You are biased because you completely refuse to acknowledge anything postive about RE4. Or rather refuse to acknowledge the horror aspects at all, as if there were ZERO moments in RE4 that were intended, or provoked a horror response.

I don't have to prove shit, mainly because I've already proven it time and time again. It's tedious at this point, arguing this, but that's what happens when the other person is stubbornly biased. rolleyes.gif

I'm not biased and I'm getting damn sick of you calling me a liar! I just have never had the same experience with the game as you. What malfunction are you having that prevents you from accepting that?
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 01:52 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 10 2012, 05:09 AM)
QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 10 2012, 01:58 AM)

Nope, you're wrong.

I'm not biased and I'm getting damn sick of you calling me a liar! I just have never had the same experience with the game as you. What malfunction are you having that prevents you from accepting that?

Well I'm just going to refuse to believe it, just like you refuse to acknowledge any horror whatsoever in RE4.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 09:35 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:52 AM)
Well I'm just going to refuse to believe it, just like you refuse to acknowledge any horror whatsoever in RE4.

I didn't find any survival or horror aspects in the game and I've played it numerous times. If you've had a different experience, good for you! But your constantly calling me a liar is extremely disrespectful and it's really getting on my last nerve. I've shown your opinions as much respect as I can and you've done nothing but shit on mine. No matter how much prodding you do, I'm not going to discount my own experiences playing the game.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 10:46 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 11 2012, 10:35 AM)

I didn't find any survival or horror aspects in the game and I've played it numerous times. If you've had a different experience, good for you! But your constantly calling me a liar is extremely disrespectful and it's really getting on my last nerve. I've shown your opinions as much respect as I can and you've done nothing but shit on mine. No matter how much prodding you do, I'm not going to discount my own experiences playing the game.

Don't discount your experiences, just discount this bias of yours, and you'll find that RE4 can be judged more objectively.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 03:37 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 11 2012, 09:46 PM)

Don't discount your experiences, just discount this bias of yours, and you'll find that RE4 can be judged more objectively.

I'm not biased, this opinion is derived from playing the damn game! Get that through your fanboy skull! If I had judged it this way before playing the game, then I would be biased. But apparently the logic of that is lost on you.

But let's say that, theoretically, I was biased and had decided all this before playing the game. How would discounting such bias alter my experiences playing the game? I still found no survival or horror aspects in the game and I would still feel exactly as I do right now.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:00 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 13 2012, 04:37 AM)
QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 11 2012, 09:46 PM)

I'm not biased, this opinion is derived from playing the damn game! Get that through your fanboy skull! If I had judged it this way before playing the game, then I would be biased. But apparently the logic of that is lost on you.

But let's say that, theoretically, I was biased and had decided all this before playing the game. How would discounting such bias alter my experiences playing the game? I still found no survival or horror aspects in the game and I would still feel exactly as I do right now.

I'm not a fanboy at all, get that through your thick, biased skull!

Your just seeing the glass half empty.

I have given you two opportunities to prove yourself, but you refuse.

The video deal, or the other completely reasonable one, where you give your own detailed analysis of RE4 in the form of a review, that way we can pick at each complaint and show you how unreasonable they are. rolleyes.gif
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  This topic is Closed Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --