Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Boxing..., The Sweet Science
Col. Radec
 Posted: Nov 15 2010, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

Do you guys watch any? If so, what matches have you seen?

I just watched Pacquiao vs. Margarito with my family the night before, and it was insane. Margarito is like 15 pounds heavier and twice as big as Pacman, but the spunky little Boxing Congressman pounded 7 different kinds of crap from Margarito, and then some! Margarito was big and his punches were hard, but for every punch he threw, Pacman instantly threw back 10, with bigger and more accurate impacts, to boot. In the later rounds, Margarito made a valiant effort by blocking Pacman's devastating punches with his face, along with a few nasty uppercuts of his own. It was so bad that after the fight, Margarito's Spartan beard was almost completely wilted and gone.

All in all, the fight went the whole 12 rounds, and I have to tip my hat to Margarito for taking it to the distance, but in the end, Pacman made him look Asian and slotted him down as 8th notch on Pacquiao's World Champ belt. He even carried Margarito through the 12th Round because the damage was so bad, he didn't want to mess the guy up further to permanent proportions.

Epic fight.

How about you guys?
PM
Relative Risk
 Posted: Nov 15 2010, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

Pacman versus Mayweather. Enough said.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Nov 15 2010, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Yes! I want it to happen. Who would you bet on? I'm guessing Mayweather, right? I'm obviously going to root for my fam's national hero, their Boxing Congressman Pacquiao!
PM
Relative Risk
 Posted: Nov 15 2010, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

As much as it pains me to say... Pacman. I've been a Mayweather devotee since that RJJ fight, but I doubt Mayweather has it in him to defeat an animal like Pacman. Explains the constant postponing.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 15 2010, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

I saw Mike Tyson knock out Shawn Michaels and Mayweather vs Big Show at Wrestlemania. Does that count? tongue.gif

Edit: Actually, I have one I know counts. I saw Bart Gunn vs Butterbean at Wrestlemania 16, which was a legitimate boxing match.
PM Email Poster
Col. Radec
 Posted: Nov 17 2010, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Also saw some of Pacquiao's past battles. Pacman vs. Hatton was hilarious, especially since Hatton ate in the second round after being billed as bigger, meaner, and stronger. The time he beat Cotto's dome in was extraordinary. So much that Cotto's wife had to leave during the 9th round. Watching Pacman batter away at a cowering Clottey earlier this year was awesome.

I love how this guy gives me something to root for, you know? He's short and slight in frame, but has hidden muscle and firepower, enough to regularly take on guys three times his size.

Oh, and I see you're a wrasslin' freak, eh, Spartan? Orton for the win!
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 18 2010, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Yeah, big wrestling fan, but there's already a topic for that, so let's avoid cluttering this one up with OT posts. tongue.gif
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Nov 26 2010, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 15
Credits: 1160

i would like to see jill vs sheva in a boxing match. in reality, pacquio vs mayweather.
PM Email Poster Users Website
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 27 2010, 03:52 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Nov 26 2010, 10:02 PM)
i would like to see jill vs sheva in a boxing match.

Jill would be the clear winner there with being a former Delta operator.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Nov 28 2010, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

i would give that to sheva simply cause ive only seen them in action in re5. and i assume sheva underwent similar training in africa.
Relative Risk
 Posted: Nov 30 2010, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Roy, are you saying that you believe Sheva underwent similar training in Africa...comparable to Jill's Delta Force training?
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Nov 30 2010, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

You do know what Delta Force is, right, Roy?
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 30 2010, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Delta is one of the most elite special operations units in the world, if not the most elite special operations unit in the world. These guys (and girls, if the "Funny Platoon" rumors are true) were the ones that defeated the Iraqi army before NATO forces even set foot in Iraq in 2003. The only units I'd (in my limited knowledge as a civilian) consider "on par" with them would be SAD, DEVGRU, and the SAS.

Any training Sheva underwent in Africa is the Cub Scouts compared to what Jill's capable of.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Nov 30 2010, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

guys, im a 19 year old dude, i know some stuff, i dont know other stuff. thats why i say might have had similar training. also im talking talking boxing match, not kung fu karate mma whatever stuff, so calm down, just a thought.
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 1 2010, 03:32 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Nov 30 2010, 08:25 PM)
guys, im a 19 year old dude, i know some stuff, i dont know other stuff. thats why i say might have had similar training. also im talking talking boxing match, not kung fu karate mma whatever stuff, so calm down, just a thought.

Well, how can you say Sheva might have had training "similar" to that of the unit in Africa when you apparently didn't even know what said unit was and henceforth had no idea what kind of training Jill underwent?

But, for the record, you're right this is regarding boxing. The unit doesn't teach boxing, they teach hand to hand combat...
PM Email Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll