New Skins!
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 21 2011, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

While I was clumsily fumbling around in the admin control panel, I found an option to download skins. So, you know, I did. smile.gif Anyway, right now there's just two (in addition to the default skin we've all been forced to stare at until now), but I'm going to request a dedicated Resident Evil skin on the Jcink support board and hopefully we'll get one soon.

The new skins are:

Hybrix Sangrean (added 1-21-11, modified 5-25-11) - A red and black skin. If you use this one, I recommend changing your text color to something brighter when posting in the shoutbox, though (yellow works well). Black text on black background is difficult to read. This can be done by clicking on the box directly to the left of the space where you type your shoutbox post in before submitting it. I've modified this skin by adding the macro set from our old "Umbrella Earth" skin to make it more Resident Evil-ish. This skin has been temporarily removed but will be reinstalled.

Raw Red and Black (added 1-21-11) - A WWE Monday Night Raw-themed skin. This one was pretty much just an experiment to see if I was installing correctly, but decided to just keep it. As it has a black background as well, I recommend switching to a brighter text color when posting in the shoutbox.

Resident Evil Final Days (Added 5-25-11) ~ The current default skin. "Red Haze" base skin created by YoMan of YoDesigns and modified by myself with the macro set from our old Umbrella Earth skin to make it more Resident Evil-ish.

You can change skins by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking on the arrow beside the box with the name of your current skin in it.

Any questions or comments welcome.
PM Email Poster
Col. Radec
 Posted: Jan 21 2011, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

One little glitch... the homepage banner leads to photobucket instead of the front page.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 21 2011, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

I put the wrong banner code in. Thanks. wink.gif
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 25 2011, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

First post updated. New skin "Resident Evil" added.
PM Email Poster
Col. Radec
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

This new skin’s way too glitchy. Besides general lagging, the shoutbox tries to reload, but just blanks out completely, and the page numbers are difficult to see.

The alternative skins aren't working either, for that matter. Trying to change the skin just lands me an error message.

There is also a glitch that occurs whenever I try to change my personal photo, it won't allow me to. Every other field can be changed and modified, but not the personal pic.
PM
Relative Risk
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ Jan 27 2011, 11:21 AM)
This new skin’s way too glitchy. Besides general lagging, the shoutbox tries to reload, but just blanks out completely, and the page numbers are difficult to see.

The alternative skins aren't working either, for that matter. Trying to change the skin just lands me an error message.

I second all of the above, although I think the shoutbox issue is an intermittent fluke. The previous red and black skin was much better, though.

And... I’ve been drinking, sure, but are those candy canes on the forum headers? laugh.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ Jan 27 2011, 08:21 AM)

I haven't noticed the shoutbox doing any blanking out, but I'll keep an eye on it. If it persists, I'll make a topic about it on the Jcink support board and see what they say. I don't think I can do anything about the page numbers on this skin other than to request another, different style skin from GMaster. I'll ask him if he'll do another RE skin on a darker background.

Well, whatever the error was, it must have been a temporary glitch because the skin selector is working fine for me. I just scrolled through all four of the current skins without any trouble.

There is also a glitch that occurs whenever I try to change my personal photo, it won't allow me to. Every other field can be changed and modified, but not the personal pic.

That's not a glitch, personal photos aren't enabled. I haven't found the option to activate them yet, otherwise I'd have enabled them already.

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ Jan 27 2011, 09:53 AM)
The previous red and black skin was much better, though.

I'm eying this dark gray skin. I've previewed it at GMaster's site. It doesn't lag like this one does and the background looks dark enough for everything (like page numbers) to be easily visible. What do you guys think?

And...  I’ve been drinking, sure, but are those candy canes on the forum headers?  laugh.gif

I just noticed. Um... yeah, they are. XD
PM Email Poster
Relative Risk
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Jan 27 2011, 04:32 PM)
I'm eying this dark gray skin. I've previewed it at GMaster's site. It doesn't lag like this one does and the background looks dark enough for everything (like page numbers) to be easily visible. What do you guys think?

Looks slick! ...Can we put a rush on this, please? I just wasted twenty minutes screwing off on GMaster's site because I couldn't distinguish your hyperlinked "this dark gray skin." laugh.gif

Although, not an entire waste of time--an RE version of his Clan Series skin could be pretty sweet. Previewing doesn't work for guests, but that board index is opaque gray, and appears to roll over the wallpaper like our current skin. Just a thought.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

The proposed skin does look good. I think I'll agree on the Clan Series, though. Looks better, easier on the eyes, and would look amazing outfitted with an RE background.

Either works, though.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

All right, clan series it is. How's this for a background image? Dark enough?

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/Sp...brellaEarth.jpg
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 30 2011, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Okay, I've put in the request for the new skin. GMaster is also going to look into this lag problem with the current skin and see what he can do about fixing it.
PM Email Poster
Relative Risk
 Posted: Feb 2 2011, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Looks dark enough, and it's original. I haven't seen anyone using this image anywhere else. Nice choice. We shall see how page numbers, italics, and hyperlinks fare overall, though.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Feb 2 2011, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Nice! Umbrella owns ALL! At least, until their stocks drop. I'm probably wrong, but is that from RE Afterlife when Japan gets zombiefied? Looks good and dark, let's try it out.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 3 2011, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

The skin itself is done (and it has a nice dark gray background like in the screengrab I linked to a couple posts ago), I'm just waiting for GMaster to (A) change the font in the header (it now says "Resident Evil Final Days" rather than just "Resident Evil") to the original "Biohazard" font (which you can preview here: http://www.typenow.net/images/themed/biohazard.png) and (cool.gif release the .xml file so I can install it.

He's also trying to fix the lagginess of the current skin for us.
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 6 2011, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

First post updated.
PM Email Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Closed Topic Start new topic