Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Resident Evil: Retribution
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 32
Credits: 550

Hahaha that's funny smile.gif. The reason why zombie apocalypse flicks are so popular is there is something very scary about being eaten alive like a zebra on the African savannah lol.
PM Yahoo
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

Anderson should also take some ideas from the fiction that's out there, a lot of good sh**t out there.
PM Yahoo
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 28 2012, 07:51 PM)
Hahaha that's funny smile.gif.  The reason why zombie apocalypse flicks are so popular is there is something very scary about being eaten alive like a zebra on the African savannah lol.

It's a combination of primal fear and pre-modern superstitions. Humans aren't biologically predators, so the fear of being hunted and devoured by a superior predator remains deep in the back of our minds. It's one of the reasons we fear large cats such as lions and tiger so much, because they were the no. 1 predator of prehistoric man. Additionally, many of the rituals carried out today when burying the dead are remnants of a belief system of keeping them from coming back. Things like bolting coffins shut was never a response of any kind to corpse farmers or any of that BS. I mean, why do we need to bolt something shut when it's going to be buried six feet in the ground? It's to keep the dead dead.

Another common ritual is to carry the body out of the home feet first. Most people think--or know--nothing of it, but it's done in the belief that if the dead can't see where they came from, they can't return to plague the living. Even hospitals, nursing homes, and morgues follow this ritual, many of which don't even know why they do it... but they do it.

Other less common methods of keeping the dead where they're put to rest is sealing up the doorway that the body was removed through (if there's no door, they can't get in) and the placing of a brick or stone in the corpse's mouth (so they can't feed; although that does seem a bit illogical since the dead can't starve to death XD).

It's for reasons like this that I find the living dead to be the scariest of all "monsters". If you guys haven't seen it, a documentary that occasionally airs on the History Channel called Zombies: A Living History (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2077909/) goes into much of this in detail and is a really good watch which I highly recommend to anyone who's a fan of zombie fiction of any kind.
PM Email Poster
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 29 2012, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

We're predators .... Jus not the "top" one, if it wasn't for our smarts, we would be a lot lOwer on the food chain.
PM Yahoo
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

So I finally caught Retribution on TV last night.

I didn't care for Kevin Durand as Barry, because he was a bit on the scrawny side and played the character with a little too much cockiness. Him shouting "I'm enjoying myself!" in the middle of a firefight didn't really vibe with me.

Johann Urb as Leon was so-so, I guess. I've gotten to where I don't like Leon that much anymore, so any opinion I give would probably be "biased". rolleyes.gif

On the upside, Li Bingbing was a pretty good Ada. Her accent put me off a little (yeah, I get Ada is supposed to be Chinese, but come on and look at the character, for Pete's sake; you can tell she's not entirely of Chinese heritage), but otherwise she was good.

Sienna Guillory happily didn't look like Phoebe from Friends this time around (lol) and she and Alice had a pretty good fight scene at the end. And by "pretty good", I mean Alice got her ass handed to her pretty much through the entire thing. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif

Alice obviously hasn't changed. Whether for good or bad, I don't know anymore. dry.gif

And it was good to see Rain again, with her being my favorite movie-exclusive character.

The plot was meh, and key events from Afterlife aren't explained; namely how Luther survived and what happened to Chris, Claire, and K-Mart when Umbrella attacked the Arcadia in the opening of the film. The film at least didn't have the incomplete feeling of its predecessor, though.

I had wished Afterlife was just a fluke, but this sadly isn't so.
PM Email Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll