Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

WWE video games, For discussing the WWE games
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Aug 16 2010, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

First off, I'll start with a new gameplay video showing off some of the new features of WWE SvR 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASfQdyTA4Ac

What I gather from this video is as follows:
1. Suplexing a superstar into an object (ladder, table, etc.) actually results in said superstar hitting said object.

2. You can change the direction that a suplex-type move throws an opponent in mid execution.

3. You can put a superstar on the top rope without automatically executing a move.

4. Epic counter by Undertaker at :23 seconds! ph34r.gif

5. Superplex through tables from the top rope.

If anyone spots anything I missed, point it out.

Here's another video showing off trophies (among other things). There's a lot to list, so I'll just list off the most notable stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VteHeDWZ1Fs&

List of Road to Wrestlemanias (could be more, though)
1- Vs. Undertaker
2- Cena (oh joy, another one... dry.gif )
3- Jericho
4- Christian
5- Mysterio

"Thank you, Shawn" trophy awarded for defeating Shawn Michaels at 'Mania - Shawn Michaels is in. biggrin.gif

Unified Tag Team Titles

"Excellence of Execution" trophy - Hinting Bret Hart could be in (but then again 2010 had a trophy named that for defeating every superstar on the roster with a submission).

Money in the Bank briefcase is cashable! (whoo! smile.gif )

New mode - "WWE Universe". Could be similar to the Career Mode from 2010, but I'm not sure what exactly it is.

"5-Second Pose" trophy - Could be an Edge & Christian reunion having to do with Christian's RTWM.

Again, point out anything you find that looks notable that I didn't get. So... discuss!
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Nov 30 2010, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 15
Credits: 1160

ive actually never played the games, but ive been told, its pretty much just and upgraded installment on last years games. is that true?
PM Email Poster Users Website
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 1 2010, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

There are some significant changes from last year's game in this year's, but you could say that, yeah. No need in scrapping what works, right?
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Dec 1 2010, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

i suppose your right. kinda feels like the madden games with the years and such. ill might purchase 2010
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Dec 29 2010, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

Dude I'm aching to get this game. Despite the many many flaws of the WWE I remain a huge fan.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Dec 1 2010, 04:10 AM)
There are some significant changes from last year's game in this year's, but you could say that, yeah. No need in scrapping what works, right?

Exactly, don't change what doesnt' need to be changed. 2010's played really well.

Anyway, I've noticed tons of features from different wrestling games implimented into the SvR games, mainly with 2010 & 2011.

It's nice and fast and fun like the Smackdown games, but with much more control, like the GC series(Wrestlemania X8, XIX, Day Of Reckoning, DoR2). The more control in like how you can choose to get on the apron, or all the way out of the ring, have springboards work more like they did in the GC series. Reversing punches & kicks actually allows you do decide what to do, like performing a strike or grapple(and having some really cool moves in there).

Yet the moves in the grapples and strikes are more creative as they have always been with the Smackdown games.

Having the pin combo stuff seems like it's come right out of Legends Of Wrestling(I've got the first one, that's all though). Another feature in LoW was being able to turn your move into a submission instead of a pin. Hopefully that returns, having the option to use moves and combine it with a pin or submission, or perhaps another move.

Another thing is the weapons in 2011. They weren't really anything like that in LoW, but I do remember how you would interact with them in LoW. If you moved into a weapon, it would move. In the earlier Smackdown games, they would just hinder your path, even stopped an oppenent you are trying to whip to the corner, or the ropes. So this is yet another little thing that 2011 has that is, at least similar to a previous game.

Also, I really like that they have groggy quick grapples. I wish they would put regular & groggy quick grapples though, mainly from front, possibly from behind(which they did have the regular & G behind grapples all the way up to 06).

In Shut Your Mouth, and Just Bring It, and I guess everything before, I don't have Smackdown or Know Your Role yet, you had three sets of grapples: quick, groggy quick, and another which was from a grappled state, initiated by picking up a grounded opponent, or pulling back from an irish whip.

Anyway, the reason I mention JBI & SYM and their grappling systems, is for referrence, that's how I would like the grapples to work in future games, not the third grappled state, but the regular & groggy quick grapples, in addition to the 4 strong grapples. That I think would be best.

Strong strikes were annoying at first, but I've gotten used to them.(That's another thing from the GC series actually) I prefer finishers working as they do though, actually making a grappling motion, like in the GC series, instead of groggy.

When you had to have your opponent groggy, there wasn't anything to help your timing for reversing, you just had to know if you were groggy and that your opponont had the potential to perform a finisher.

Well......I think I've posted enough in this one reply, so anybody else, your turn.smile.gif
PM
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Jan 30 2011, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

i like taquitos! and i might aquire 2011 soon.
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 24 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Jan 30 2011, 11:42 AM)
i like taquitos! and i might aquire 2011 soon.

I also like taquitos, and 2011 would be an excellent choice.

Also, more related to the thread:

In SYM, the ability have your opponent's head sticking out on the apron for attack was implimented, via irish whipping them into the ring at close range.

You could then grapple them from either the inside or outside of the ring. Outside would have you do a simple elbow smash and the opponent would roll into the ring in pain. Inside would pull them in, I think I've seen it do that rope choke, grabbing their legs and falling back.

Anyway, with at least two different wrestlers, Rob Van Dam & The Undertaker, they were each given a special grapple their, that nobody else could do. It wasn't selectable in the Move Set, you either had something special like that, or you didn't, and it's not really common knowledge.

Anyway, RVD's is in there with him from SYM to 07. Taker, who is still in the games, was in there from SYM to 09. 2010 however, allowed us the ability to get on the apron, instead of just in or outside the ring, and in addition to that, in the Move Set, we could change the apron grapple to what we wanted to be. Keep in mind I'm not talking about the grapples you can do to an opponent when you are on the apron, or when your opponent is on the apron with you in the ring, this is with your opponent's head sticking out on the apron, typically with you outside the ring grappling at their head. 2010 still had the elbow, but also had a leg drop, made for Undertaker. It looked different than the unique one he had from SYM to 09, but it was his nonetheless.

So, that was just an example of our wrestlers becoming a little less unique.

Does anybody else know of any special things in the SvR games, less know stuff?
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 10 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Since this topic veered away from the WWE games and toward WWE itself, I merged the slightly off-topic posts with REFD's official professional wrestling/sports entertainment/fake fighting/whatever you want to call it topic in the sports section.

That topic can be found here: http://residentevilfinaldaysii.b1.jcink.co...owtopic=73&st=0

So let's please continue our discussion about how overrated John Cena is, as well as other pro-wrestling subjects like TNA, RoH, and so on, in the appropriate place. happy.gif
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Apr 11 2011, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Apr 10 2011, 01:20 AM)
Since this topic veered away from the WWE games and toward WWE itself, I merged the slightly off-topic posts with REFD's official professional wrestling/sports entertainment/fake fighting/whatever you want to call it topic in the sports section.

That topic can be found here: http://residentevilfinaldaysii.b1.jcink.co...owtopic=73&st=0

So let's please continue our discussion about how overrated John Cena is, as well as other pro-wrestling subjects like TNA, RoH, and so on, in the appropriate place. happy.gif

Sounds good, plenty of Cena Hate to go around.smile.gif

Perhaps we should change the title for this thread, to reflect it being about all the games, or is it just 2011, or is it all implied?
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Well, that time of the year is coming around and we're hearing info about this year's installment of the WWE Smackdown vs Raw franchise, currently being referred to simply as WWE '12.

Here's the current Wikipedia description of it.
WWE '12 is a professional wrestling video game developed by Yuke's and published by THQ for the PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 systems. It is the first game in the WWE series, the fourteenth in the combined series and the sequel to WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011. It is also the first game in the series being developed exclusively for current generation home consoles. It is to be released on November 22, 2011 in North America and November 25 in the United Kingdom.

THQ has promoted a new animation system dubbed "Predator Technology." Animations for moves can now be preempted, allowing players to interrupt moves and Royal Rumble eliminations with attacks.

In addition, the game will include "wake up taunts" that bring a downed opponent to their feet for a finishing move (such as Randy Orton pounding on the ground to bring the opponent up in time for the RKO). A new feature called "Dynamic Comebacks" will give wrestlers on the verge of losing the opportunity to successfully hit a combination of moves to gain two finishing moves.

WWE Universe mode will return, featuring new and more unpredictable events based on player decisions. The Road To WrestleMania Mode will also return with new storylines and gameplay improvements. Creation modes return for superstars, entrances, finishing moves, storylines and highlight reels, as well as the ability to share creations online.

Some pretty awesome features listed (especially the wake up taunts, which the franchise has been missing for a while now). Let's hope THQ can deliver.

According to the game's website (http://wwe.thq.com/), the confirmed roster so far is:
*Randy Orton
*The Miz
*Alberto del Rio
*John Cena

Okay, WWE fans, discuss!
PM Email Poster
KeVo
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 4
Credits: 1145

I know this might be slightly off, but oh how I wish we could have this generation of gaming mixed with the previous generation of wrestling. The Paul Heyman ran ECW, the Ted Turner and Eric Bischoff ran WCW, the Attitude era WWE(WWF).

Those games would have been, like WOW. (IMO)

I'm going by what ifs so, please understand that. xD.

As for WWE 12, I might try renting it. The last WWE game I played was SVR 08.
PM Email Poster MSN
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jun 5 2011, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (KeVo @ Jun 4 2011, 01:46 PM)
I know this might be slightly off, but oh how I wish we could have this generation of gaming mixed with the previous generation of wrestling. The Paul Heyman ran ECW, the Ted Turner and Eric Bischoff ran WCW, the Attitude era WWE(WWF).

I would love nothing more than to see an Attitude Era game in the same vein as Legends of Wrestlemania or an old scool ECW game with the proper "M" rating on current consoles, but sadly it won't ever happen.

As for WWE 12, I might try renting it. The last WWE game I played was SVR 08.

SvR 10 was the best one of the franchise since HCTP (IMO) and it should be pretty cheap used with SvR 11 out and soon-to-be "replaced" with WWE '12, so I'd highly recommend giving it a try.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Xander @ Jun 5 2011, 03:48 AM)

I would love nothing more than to see an Attitude Era game in the same vein as Legends of Wrestlemania or an old scool ECW game with the proper "M" rating on current consoles, but sadly it won't ever happen.

I guess you got your wish huh?

Wow, to think this thread was made when 2011 was the hot new game.

I hardly even played too much of 12. I lent that to a friend, I need to go get that back sometime. I lent my RE5 to this person and when I got it back, it was a littl ruffed up, thanks to his dog.

I would like to play 13 right now though. I feel like 13 came, and well, we're probably already on our way to getting 14. I'm not ready for a new one just yet though.

I do like a lot of the gameplay improvements we've seen. Some things are better, other things not so much.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Spike Reaver @ Feb 20 2013, 08:29 PM)
I guess you got your wish huh?

Not really. I can name off who knows how many wrestlers that were an important part of the Attitude Era that weren't in WWE '13: The Dudley Boyz, the Hardy Boyz, Chyna, Jacqueline, Ivory, Al Snow, Steve Blackman, D'lo Brown. I enjoy the ones that are in the game, but it's far from what I wanted.
PM Email Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll