Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Resident Evil: Retribution
Relative Risk
 Posted: May 13 2011, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

Model-turned-actress Milla Jovovich has confirmed there will be another Resident Evil film in the franchise and movie bosses have decided to shoot it in earthquake-ravaged Japan.

The fourth movie in the series, Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D, was released last year (10), debuting at the top of the U.S. box office chart, and Jovovich admitted at the time she would love to make another installment.

Now she has revealed a fifth movie is being planned by telling her fans on Twitter.com, "I love Tokyo! 1 (sic) of my favourite cities in the world! We're gonna come film some scenes 4 (sic) the nxt (next) RE (Resident Evil) in Tokyo!!!"

Jovovich is pleased they are filming in the country following the devastating earthquake and tsunami which hit the region earlier this year (11), adding, "I pray 4 (sic) Japan everyday and I can't wait 2 (sic) go there and shoot the nxt (sic) RE!"

Source

Here's a screencap of Ms. Blabbermouth's Twitter page:

user posted image

If Paul corrects her, I'll edit this thread. In the meantime, what are we thinking--who's looking forward to continuing the movie franchise and who wants it dead?
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 13 2011, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

I'm hoping it's better than Afterlife. I don't really care for "Retribution" as a subtitle, though.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 14 2011, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

I'm not excited or anything, but I will watch it.

I did end up wanting to watch Afterlife(and did, in theatres) because of how stupid some things looked, like the Executioner.

I also really liked how they used A Perfect Circle's Outsider Remix in the trailers. And in the movie.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 16 2011, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

Oh, don't get me started, Risky. I wish Romero had his chance instead of being drummed out by Capcom in favor for this hack.

I'm so tired of Anderson's RE movies. I always shuffle up to the films with that little inkling of hope that it'll be at least somewhat decent, but I am always sorely disappointed and out a couple bucks afterwards. It's like a damn Skinner box, except progressively sh*ttier with each button press.

It never fails to depress me, seeing such potential, all that money and all that time, just squandered in Paul's useless filmed fanfiction with his beloved, unbearable Mary Sue and her impeccable, wire-worked Kung Fu. I loved how they took away her powers to prevent that overpowered feeling, but it's all null when she starts doing the tiresome, beyond-the-impossible Matrix tripe once more.

I also love how Alice never fails to outright replace the main characters, even going so far to make them look like crap most of the time. Remember when Jill saved that little schoolgirl, only to have Alice overshadow her by simply walking in with a cigarette, causing an explosion and posing totally cool, while Jill's slumped on the floor bleeding and bruised and looking dumb. God, Jill might as well have been wearing a Dunce cap.

Oh, how about that perfect, perfect Licker scene in the Church, the camera angles, the intensity, the sheer Resident Evilness complete with Jill, she was even moving like her! Then Alice just barges in with her stupid motorcycle and even stupider guns with holy crap just look how dumb this is Umbrella-manufactured bullets, and easily takes care of the Lickers that everyone was having so much trouble with. Without even breaking a sweat. I just love that.

And just so it's clear, by love, I mean all my utter f*cking hate.

Just by watching his films, you can tell he doesn't get Resident Evil at all, despite his claims to playing the game. Personally, I think he watched the first few minutes of someone playing each game, went on Wikipedia, mentally replacing Alice with any main character in any RE article, scribbled ideas that would be "cool," and by cool I mean suck as much money as possible from the fans, and finally banged out a script. I mean, how else would these awful films come to fruition?

His movies have become atrocities of Michael Bay proportions. Man, I'm so glad I didn't pay for Afterlife, just borrowed it from a friend. But I can completely understand why he was so pissed about buying it...

Well, whatever. Let Paul steer the course, it'll end up a trainwreck as always. For now, I'm still holding out for the inevitable reboot by a good director.
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 16 2011, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 16 2011, 01:02 AM)
I think he watched the first few minutes of someone playing each game, went on Wikipedia, mentally replacing Alice with any main character in any RE article, scribbled ideas that would be "cool,"

Well, as far as Alice is concerned, she has stolen a few trademark scenes. One in particular is Claire's handgun drop from the beginning of CVX, except Alice shoots down three Umbrella guys, instead of shooting an explosive barrel.

There's more stuff like that, but that's the only one I can think of. Alice is the main character of the movies though, so we should expect to see her doing stuff like that. Stealing everyone's lightning.

I think Anderson has played the games, but I also think RE is such a difficult thing to put into a movie form. I mean, I doubt Anderson has tried with all his might anyway, to make it as much like the games as possible, but that still doesn't make it easy. I mean RE is such a unique experience, that IDK can truly be recreated in a film.

First, the cinimatic experience can probably be done. There are also other aspects of the gameplay, like the way the story is unveiled, like with the Files that you read, obviously they aren't going to post text up on the movie screen for everybody to read. That was why Anderson used the Red Queen in the first RE film, he said.

The way you go through and try to survive, and all that survival entails....maybe that can be recreated. I guess a lot of the reading experience, giving tons of backstory to help set the mood and everything, that could be the challening part.
PM
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 17 2011, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Mission Support Team
Member No.: 6
Credits: 300

lol!wonder what it will be called. lol! if iT wont b called "begins"what will it b called?lol! diD paul lol!ever corect herlol!?
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 17 2011, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 17 2011, 06:44 AM)
lol!wonder what it will be called. lol! if iT wont b called "begins"what will it b called?lol! diD paul lol!ever corect herlol!?

Um... what? blink.gif
PM Email Poster
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 17 2011, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Mission Support Team
Member No.: 6
Credits: 300

That was my "Jovovich Twitter speak."
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 18 2011, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (NiteKrawler @ May 17 2011, 09:27 AM)
That was my "Jovovich Twitter speak."

Maybe that's why it didn't make any sense???

@Spartan, your avatar has major cleavage.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Paul likes to watch you play with yourself...

No, I was right. He watches other people play and probably pays them to do his "research" for him. He "literally watches days of the most awesome Resident Evil players out there to get inspiration for the next installment of the franchise," if Milla's word is anything to go by.

And looking at her Twitter, well...

@Spike: Whoa, I would've never known about the cleavage until you pointed it out! rolleyes.gif Master of the Obvious much? tongue.gif
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 18 2011, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 18 2011, 12:54 PM)
Paul likes to watch you play with yourself...

No, I was right. He watches other people play and probably pays them to do his "research" for him. He "literally watches days of the most awesome Resident Evil players out there to get inspiration for the next installment of the franchise," if Milla's word is anything to go by.

And looking at her Twitter, well...

@Spike: Whoa, I would've never known about the cleavage until you pointed it out!  rolleyes.gif Master of the Obvious much? tongue.gif

Milla said that?

He seemed convincing enough to me, though just because the movies aren't all they can be doesn't mean he hasn't. Not that it matters I guess, as it doesn't seem like it's affected them too much, his playing the games affecting the movies.

As a fan, I'd like to think that I would do it different, if I were making them. Of course, I'd also do it CG for sure.

Yeah, that cleavage is hard to spot, just wanted to make sure everyone got a look.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Spike991 @ May 18 2011, 11:05 AM)

Yeah, that cleavage is hard to spot, just wanted to make sure everyone got a look.

I don't know, it actually seems more than noticeable and a little hard to miss for some reason... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 18 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Maybe they should just throw a little bit of that in the next RE film, it'll work.

Though I doubt Jovovich is up to that challenge.
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

I suggest bringing back the Jill actor for just that reason then, LOL. Milla did that cooch shot in the first movie, and that didn't do anything for me at all.

Yech.
PM
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 18 2011, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 18 2011, 01:19 PM)
I suggest bringing back the Jill actor for just that reason then, LOL. Milla did that cooch shot in the first movie, and that didn't do anything for me at all.

Yech.

Ha, that's so funny, Nite & I were just talking about that a second ago.smile.gif The vag slip that is.

Yeah, the actress who played Jill as nice, althoug she didn't look like Jill.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll