Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Boxing..., The Sweet Science
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Dec 1 2010, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 15
Credits: 1160

thats all im saying spartan, id still say sheva would win in boxing, but jill would win in other areas.
PM Email Poster Users Website
Relative Risk
 Posted: Dec 4 2010, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Nov 30 2010, 11:48 AM)
Delta is one of the most elite special operations units in the world, if not the most elite special operations unit in the world. These guys (and girls, if the "Funny Platoon" rumors are true) were the ones that defeated the Iraqi army before NATO forces even set foot in Iraq in 2003. The only units I'd (in my limited knowledge as a civilian) consider "on par" with them would be SAD, DEVGRU, and the SAS.

Any training Sheva underwent in Africa is the Cub Scouts compared to what Jill's capable of.

The "Funny Platoon" rumor has been circulating since the '80s; if using female operatives wasn't true back then it almost certainly is a reality now. And SAD (more precisely, SOG) earns a somewhat redundant mention since their operatives are recruited from the spec ops community.

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Nov 30 2010, 11:25 PM)
guys, im a 19 year old dude, i know some stuff, i dont know other stuff. thats why i say might have had similar training. also im talking talking boxing match, not kung fu karate mma whatever stuff, so calm down, just a thought.

Hmm, I'm a 23-year-old girl, and I learned about Delta Force when I was 14. It's more realistic to imagine Jill has entered the ring once or twice in her lifetime--many police academies have boxing programs, and our armed forces do hold branch championships that culminate in the interservice Armed Forces Boxing Championship--than to envision a guerrilla child-fighter learning the discipline.

Your lacking military knowledge aside, is there any particular reasoning behind your belief that Sheva could defeat Jill, Roy?
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Dec 4 2010, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

Guys? I'm imagining Jill in boxing gear. Headgear and gloves and mouthpiece and all that.

She beats down Sheva in that ring and says "Eat my S.T.A.R.S.!" Or her sandwiches, if you're feelin' frisky.

Yes'm, Jill wins. Hands Down.
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 5 2010, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Dec 1 2010, 11:23 AM)
thats all im saying spartan, id still say sheva would win in boxing, but jill would win in other areas.

You clearly didn't get what I was saying in the right context. What I'm saying is that boxing is an inferior form of hand to hand combat compared to whatever a Tier 1 SMU like Delta practices.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Dec 6 2010, 12:46 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

man i never win anything. fine then. im calling in all nukes set straight to this alternate universe. in t-minus 30 hours.
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 6 2010, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Dec 5 2010, 11:35 PM)
man i never win anything. fine then. im calling in all nukes set straight to this alternate universe. in t-minus 30 hours.

If you're going to make an argument, you need good enough reasoning behind it to convince those in disagreement (like myself and Risky, in this case) that your side of the discussion is correct. If you go in expecting us to just throw up our hands and tell you you're correct without us being firmly convinced of it, you'll only be disappointed.
PM Email Poster
Relative Risk
 Posted: Dec 7 2010, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Dec 6 2010, 05:25 AM)
If you're going to make an argument, you need good enough reasoning behind it to convince those in disagreement (like myself and Risky, in this case) that your side of the discussion is correct. If you go in expecting us to just throw up our hands and tell you you're correct without us being firmly convinced of it, you'll only be disappointed.

Severely disappointed.

Anyway, back on topic!

Hey, Radec, check this out:

MANILA, Philippines – Hollywood actor Mark Wahlberg claimed that his only chance against Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao, if ever they square off, is to hit him with a sucker punch.

The 39-year-old American actor, who used Pacquiao as his inspiration while portraying Mikey “Irish” Ward in the movie “The Fighter”, said in a candid radio interview that he can only dish the knockout punch if the Filipino champ isn’t looking.

“I think if I hit him with a sucker punch, he’s out,” said Wahlberg while laughing during an interview with US radio personality Dan Patrick.

“But I don't want to be, you know, getting picked apart by him ... that's not a good call," he immediately added.

Wahlberg, an ardent fan of Pacquiao, claimed he’s no stranger to fights, having figured in several brawls in the past.

The actor has been following Pacquiao’s career since the Filipino won over boxing great Oscar de la Hoya in December 2008. He also has been a frequent visitor in Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Gym whenever the Filipino trains there.

“Manny, I think, is by far pound-for-pound the best to do it (boxing) after winning 8 titles in 8 different classes,” said Wahlberg.

He considers the long-awaited bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Pacquiao as “the fight of the century.”

But Wahlberg said it looks like the fight won’t push through after Pacquiao beat up Antonio Margarito last November.

“I don't think [Pacquiao] destroying Margarito boosts Mayweather's confidence,” he said.

Source

Marky Mark dodged a bullet or two in Manila! LOL
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Dec 7 2010, 01:54 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

...Well I wish he didn't dodge those bullets!

Oh yeah, Marky Mark, tell everyone that the only way you can beat a boxing champ is by sucker-punching him. Real wise. At least he was joking, but still, this gets my goat.

I mean, doesn't he have another video game to movie franchise to ruin? Or is he too busy with his non-existent rap career for that?
PM
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Dec 8 2010, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

same here back to real boxing, paquiao Vs. Mayweather. who wons and why?
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Jan 3 2011, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

Dude there's no real action in boxing except guys practically dancing around the ring and throwing occasional punches.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
Relative Risk
 Posted: Jan 5 2011, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Master Daddy V @ Jan 3 2011, 06:48 PM)
Dude there's no real action in boxing except guys practically dancing around the ring and throwing occasional punches.

...I will pay your airfare if you pledge to fly over to the Philippines and repeat that aloud, in a crowded public space.

Anyway, to all boxing fans, did anyone catch this? Somehow I completely missed this story:

Floyd Mayweather Jr., who has steadfastly refused to answer questions about the most recent round of failed negotiations for a fight with Manny Pacquiao, has unleashed a profanity-filled racist and homophobic Internet rant against the Filipino star.

In an approximately 10-minute Ustream video, apparently made Thursday and also posted on YouTube, Mayweather repeated his assertion that Pacquiao uses performance-enhancing drugs, an accusation that resulted in a defamation lawsuit from Pacquiao earlier this year.

Mayweather, apparently in his home with a handful of members of his entourage in the background, ripped into Pacquiao repeatedly during the video.

"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

Mayweather's publicist, in Mexico for another fighter's promotion, has seen the video but has been unable to reach Mayweather or adviser Leonard Ellerbe. Kelly Swanson said she would not comment further.

Attempts by ESPN.com to reach Ellerbe were also unsuccessful.

Pacquiao dismissed the video, choosing to instead focus on his upcoming fight with Antonio Margarito on Nov. 13 at Cowboys Stadium near Dallas.

"I just heard about that, but I didn't see the video," Pacquiao said Friday, at the final stop of a three-city tour to promote his fight. "But it's an uneducated message."

When asked about the possibility of a Mayweather bout Friday, Pacquiao responded: "I'm not looking for that fight. I'm satisfied with what I've done in boxing already."

In the video, Mayweather at times spoke directly to the camera and at other times kept the recording running while he made calls to fans who had posted messages to his UStream and Twitter pages.

The tirade came as Pacquiao promotes his fight against Margarito -- a bout taking place only because Mayweather refused to fight him.

But Mayweather sure made it sound as though a fight with Pacquiao, one many believe will shatter revenue records in boxing history, will eventually happen. They have already had two rounds of negotiations fail -- in January and again during the spring.

"At this particular time I don't know if I'm gonna fight again," Mayweather said. "As of right now, I truly believe I am gonna fight again, but as of right now I don't have the urge to get up. But when I do got the urge to get up, believe me my UStream and my Twitter fans will be the first to know, and when we do come back, we will kick 'Poochiao' ass. So I'll let the fans know. Don't worry, we'll kick 'Poochiao' ass. He's gonna take the urine and blood test."

All terms had been agreed to in January for Mayweather and Pacquiao to meet in March, except for the drug-testing protocol. Mayweather had demanded that he and Pacquiao submit to random blood and urine tests throughout the buildup to the fight. Pacquiao agreed to random urine tests, but they could not come to an agreement on the blood-testing protocol and the fight plans imploded.

Pacquiao went on to easily defeat Joshua Clottey on March 13. Mayweather went on to easily outpoint Shane Mosley on May 1.

Then a second round of negotiations failed and Pacquiao signed to fight Margarito.

During this week's media tour to promote the bout, Pacquiao said he gave in to Mayweather's testing demands during the second round of negotiations.

"We agree with, you know, his demands," Pacquiao said. "I wanted to know if that's his real reason [for not signing to fight]."

Mayweather's camp has denied the second round of negotiations ever took place, even though Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, insisted that they did, with HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg serving as the intermediary. Arum's version was backed up by Greenburg, despite the Mayweather camp's denials.

During the video, Mayweather also went on a rant about Pacquiao's record, even though Pacquiao has not lost a fight since 2005, and made incorrect comments about the money each had received for recent fights and endorsements.

" 'Poochiao' got three losses and two draws and been knocked out twice," Mayweather said. "So, like I said before, once I beat him it's going to be a cakewalk and it's on to the next. ... We know Pacquiao made $6 million in his last fight and Floyd Mayweather made $65 million in his last fight. Three losses, two draws. Ohhh, hell no, this is America baby. We built on winning. Step your game up, f----t. ... That mother f----- Pacquiao, he can't speak no English. He never seen a contract he didn't like. Mother f----- signed with two companies [Top Rank and Golden Boy]. Look it up. And then this mother f------ with Nike only got 70 Gs. How stupid can a mother f----- be? Reebok gave me a million dollars for three weeks. I wore Reebok s--- for a week for a million dollars. ... This mother f------'s name is Emmanuel. He got a fake name, taking power pellets."

Mayweather also broke out into a bizarre song in which he called Pacquiao a "whore" and added: "When we do come back, we'll kick 'Poochiao's' ass. I'm gonna fight the Pacman when he gets off the power pellets."

Source

I'm beginning to think Mayweather orchestrated his arrest to avoid Pacman. I'd definitely choose Dike over Thanatos.

PM
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Jan 5 2011, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

Oh I could do that. Get beaten up and sue every single person who did so and make a fortune. A Win/Lose situation. I get a hell of a lot of money for it and I also get the holy hell beaten out of me.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
Col. Radec
 Posted: Jan 6 2011, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Yeah, except that the money you get from suing them? You'd have like maybe two million pesos in the Philippines, which should get you jumping for joy! Well, at least until you realize that it's like less than 10 bucks over here in the States.

Comfy living, but only in the Flips. And the court system and policing over there is just a little different-- to put it simply, the beat cops walk around with shotguns instead of a sidearm... and the mall cops tote around submachine guns strapped on their backs. I don't know about the civvies, but from my last visit there, I do know most carry conveniently hidden weapons for self-defense, since they don't seem to trust the police.

Plus, the Flips are notoriously fervent about their prizefighting, damn near to murderously so. I'm unsure how long you'd last getting, you know, "beaten up." And if you survive, you'll basically gonna be suing a whole crowd of people that you don't know, not to mention you have literally no way of getting their names and addresses, while in a country that you know absolutely nothing about.

Yeah, and even if you get past that little hurdle? I don't think any court would be willing to take your testimony seriously, seeing as you'd be the one inciting your little "beat-me-up-so-I-can-score-some-cash-LOL" session. They'll probably have a handy jail cell for you somewhere, though!

It's a Lose/Lose situation, really.

Better bring along a book, because with your plan, you're gonna be stranded there for a long time. But make sure the book isn't too hard, and that you can actually read it. I suggest Curious George.

Also, I find your stance on boxing to be uneducated and arbitrary as hell. "Just guys dancing around the ring and throwing occasional punches?" Okay, sure. I guess that's why their fists are registered by law as Lethal Weapons.

What do you prefer then, MDV? WWE? Oh, it's just fake power-bombing wrestling with tiny shards of glass hidden in every slap so blood comes out, along with oiled-up meat-heads shrieking at each other through their mics in a cliche-riddled, hastily choreographed soap opera-esque storyline. Wait, wait, how about MMA? I mean, it's just short, quick rounds of guys flailing around, then cuddling on the ground and punching each other in the nuts. I bet you wiki'ed Vale Tudo, even, and scoffed at the Sweet Science.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like all those mentioned, one of my fave wrestlers is Orton, and I've been cheering for Gracie in the old days whenever he entered the hexagonal ring, but see, I could just go on and on using your mindset. However, I can find it in myself to enjoy those other sports in addition to boxing, along with having the class to respect them.

As for boxers "dancing" and "throwing occasional punches"... well, I understand that it's probably very hard for you to conceive of fighting as being more than just swinging your fists around in wild hay-makers, but in Reality, boxers generally use their footwork and conserve their punches to save up their energy for later rounds, where they usually go all-out. You know, because they have longer, harder rounds than in MMA?
PM
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Jan 7 2011, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

wow. damn i knew mayweather was a prick, but i was unaware of this. i hope he does lose.
Col. Radec
 Posted: Jan 8 2011, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Stay classy, Mayweather. rolleyes.gif

He's being so painfully petty in his interview, slamming Pac because he tried to force Pacquiao to agree to Floyd's ludicrous test, and when Pacman agreed and took down Margarito since Pac was getting bored waiting for him to make up his mind, Mayweather brings out the "hey guys, I'm taking a year-long break. But I'm awesome, and Poochiao still sucks, right? Right guys?" Yeah, okay sure, let's see how many excuses he can pile up before it becomes a teetering Tower of Babel.

Boy, I really, really hope that the fight happens now, just so I can see Pacman pick apart Mayweather. But Pacman seems more than fed up with Mayweather's antics (And I honestly can't blame the guy, he's put up with a lot of this similar crap before) and isn't pushing to fight him anymore, which was probably Mayweather's plan the whole time.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll