Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Spartacus: War of the Damned
Ashe
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 03:23 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Apr 22 2013, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (Ashe @ Apr 21 2013, 02:14 AM)
At least there is no talk of a spin off that I know of, don't think I could take an Agron centered show....

No, Starz seems to be putting its eggs in the basket with Da Vinci's Demons and Black Flag (the latter coming next year).

I think the early years of Philip II of Macedon (Alexander the Great's father), chronicling his early years from his time with the Thebans as a hostage, his rise to the throne of Macedonia, and leading to his eventual conquest of Greece, would make a great show in the wake of Rome and Spartacus.

Well at least that is a bright spot in the wake of losing Spartacus. I wish there were more period dramas, I love historical shows. tongue.gif

That would be good. I was disappointed when Rome ended. I love the guy that played Caesar. He now is in Game of Thrones, he plays the part of Manse Raider, the king of the Wildings.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 03:36 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Yeah, Rome's early cancellation really hurt it. They had a lot of interesting stuff planned for it.

From wikipedia:
I discovered halfway through writing the second season the show was going to end. The second was going to end with the death of Brutus. Third and fourth season would be set in Egypt. Fifth was going to be the rise of the messiah in Palestine. But because we got the heads-up that the second season would be it, I telescoped the third and fourth season into the second one, which accounts for the blazing speed we go through history near the end. There's certainly more than enough history to go around.

The rise of the messiah story arc sounded really interesting to me.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 03:17 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Apr 22 2013, 06:36 AM)
Yeah, Rome's early cancellation really hurt it. They had a lot of interesting stuff planned for it.

From wikipedia:
I discovered halfway through writing the second season the show was going to end. The second was going to end with the death of Brutus. Third and fourth season would be set in Egypt. Fifth was going to be the rise of the messiah in Palestine. But because we got the heads-up that the second season would be it, I telescoped the third and fourth season into the second one, which accounts for the blazing speed we go through history near the end. There's certainly more than enough history to go around.

The rise of the messiah story arc sounded really interesting to me.

Why oh why do they insist on cancelling good shows!?!! Especially period drama ones? They either do like Rome did and have what would amount to a few seasons crammed into a few episodes or just end the show and leave you hanging like Camelot did.

All of it sounds good to me. tongue.gif As you know I love history, with the ancient time period one of my favorites. It would not surprise me if it didn't get cancelled because of the Christian religious angle to it. Since Odumba the Anti-Christ took office, Christians have been persecuted and put down on a pretty regular basis. I think the only reason they still have The Borgia's (One of my favorite shows tongue.gif ) on tv is because it paints Christians in a bad light. The time period is when there was massive open corruption in the church. And when it comes to Jesus, there really isn't anything bad anyone can say about him. It'd be mighty hard to paint him in a bad light. And we all know since Odumba took office that most media outlets do what he wants....
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 07:28 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Ashe @ Apr 23 2013, 02:17 AM)
Why oh why do they insist on cancelling good shows!?!! Especially period drama ones? They either do like Rome did and have what would amount to a few seasons crammed into a few episodes or just end the show and leave you hanging like Camelot did.

All of it sounds good to me. tongue.gif As you know I love history, with the ancient time period one of my favorites. It would not surprise me if it didn't get cancelled because of the Christian religious angle to it.

Actually, Rome ran from 05 to 07, while Obama took office in 08. wink.gif

And Camelot just wasn't all that good IMO.

Since Odumba the Anti-Christ took office, Christians have been persecuted and put down on a pretty regular basis. I think the only reason they still have The Borgia's (One of my favorite shows tongue.gif ) on tv is because it paints Christians in a bad light. The time period is when there was massive open corruption in the church. And when it comes to Jesus, there really isn't anything bad anyone can say about him. It'd be mighty hard to paint him in a bad light. And we all know since Odumba took office that most media outlets do what he wants....

It's hilarious how so many people liked to think of GW as the Anti-Christ; the fact that he was almost universally hated kind of disqualifies him from that job. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif

The media demonizes anyone and anything that doesn't share their liberal agenda at the moment, plain and simple. Gun owners are targeted constantly and gamers have been targeted recently thanks to events like Aurora and Sandy Hook.

The major issue these days is the constant tension between theists and atheists. One side makes a stink every time the other side does something they don't like or feel "offended" by. Both sides need to learn to let the other believe what they want and deal with it. Me, I'm in the "I don't care either way" crowd.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 09:35 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Apr 23 2013, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Ashe @ Apr 23 2013, 02:17 AM)

All of it sounds good to me. tongue.gif As you know I love history, with the ancient time period one of my favorites. It would not surprise me if it didn't get cancelled because of the Christian religious angle to it.

Actually, Rome ran from 05 to 07, while Obama took office in 08. wink.gif

And Camelot just wasn't all that good IMO.

Since Odumba the Anti-Christ took office, Christians have been persecuted and put down on a pretty regular basis. I think the only reason they still have The Borgia's (One of my favorite shows tongue.gif ) on tv is because it paints Christians in a bad light. The time period is when there was massive open corruption in the church. And when it comes to Jesus, there really isn't anything bad anyone can say about him. It'd be mighty hard to paint him in a bad light. And we all know since Odumba took office that most media outlets do what he wants....

It's hilarious how so many people liked to think of GW as the Anti-Christ; the fact that he was almost universally hated kind of disqualifies him from that job. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif

The media demonizes anyone and anything that doesn't share their liberal agenda at the moment, plain and simple. Gun owners are targeted constantly and gamers have been targeted recently thanks to events like Aurora and Sandy Hook.

The major issue these days is the constant tension between theists and atheists. One side makes a stink every time the other side does something they don't like or feel "offended" by. Both sides need to learn to let the other believe what they want and deal with it. Me, I'm in the "I don't care either way" crowd.

My bad, I thought last airing for it was in 2008. And I wasn't referring to GW as the Antichrist, but to Odumba... wink.gif I agree with people needing to let folks worship as they see fit. What I don't like is that when a Christian stands up for what they believe in they are racists, but let any other religion stand up for themselves and its fine and dandy.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 10:19 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

The current line of discussion is way out of the scope of this thread, so I'm making a new topic for it.

http://residentevilfinaldaysii.b1.jcink.co...t=ST&f=18&t=354
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --