Paranormal Witness
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Oct 17 2012, 10:30 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

More like Paranormal Hogwash. I just watched tonight's episode and was surprised to find that the story entitled "The Good Skeleton" took place in Yuba City, which I live a stone's throw away from.

Being the paranormal enthusiast that I am, I went online to do more research behind this story. The show didn't make it easy, since they omitted everything that would make the story verifiable, only claiming that the incident occurred at a house "beside a two-lane highway near a river" and that the supposed ghost's name was "Nick" (without giving a last name) and that he died in a "motorcycle accident" very close to the house. To convey how vague this really is, at least three different highways (the 70, the 20, and the 99) that all shrink down to two lanes in different parts of the area, while the Yuba River intersects with them in several different places. That's not even taking into account smaller waterways around the area that aren't technically rivers but might commonly be called that by some. I scoured the Internet all throughout the show checking every little bit of info they gave that might be verifiable, I searched accident records (which ended up being a dead end as several Nicks died in motorcycle accidents in the area over the years), and found absolutely nothing.

In short, I think this story is made up hogwash and I won't be watching this show ever again. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/disgust.gif
^
Walker killer
 Posted: Oct 20 2012, 04:30 PM

BSAA Charlie Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

I believe nothing I see on TV, I just watching it for the entertainment factor.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Oct 20 2012, 09:28 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

The Yuba City/Marysville area is pretty old (founded in 1849 and 1850 respectively) and has a lot of history behind it (some of it violent). The least a show that treats itself as a documentary of real life paranormal encounters could do is find something factual to tell, especially when other episodes talk about documented cases such as the Connecticut haunting.
^
Walker killer
 Posted: Oct 22 2012, 10:55 PM

BSAA Charlie Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

If Rick Grimes says its fake I'm inclined to believe him wink.gif ... I mean he said this isn't a democracy anymore so I have to "take his word for it" wink.gif

I am not inclined to believe anything I see on TV, I just take it "at face value" so to speak, I thought some of it didn't seem believe able but they were a good time so I watch.

^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --