Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

What Are You Watching?
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 12:14 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Umbrella Security Service
Member ID:
Total Post:

Blazed up 'till my eyeballs were red as a demon, and then sat down and watched Ip Man and Ip Man 2 in one night... These movies are about Bruce Lee's teacher, the Ip Man, when he was surviving in Japan-occupied China (first movie) and then living in British-occupied China (Second movie).

I love how unassuming he is in the first movie, Ip Man would rather just chill out, smoke cigs, and drink tea instead of fighting, but he's capable of kicking so much ass and it's beautiful.

Also love how in Ip Man 2, boxing can actually stand on its own and even demolish kung fu, you know, like in real life! biggrin.gif
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 18 2011, 04:21 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ May 18 2011, 11:14 AM)
Blazed up 'till my eyeballs were red as a demon

No offense, Radec, but that isn't really something we need to know.
^
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: May 18 2011, 04:45 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

The X Files, my dignity has been restored.
user posted image
^
Relative Risk
 Posted: May 18 2011, 06:18 PM

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ May 18 2011, 06:21 PM)

Does this offend your delicate sensibilities, or break the rules? I'm wondering because you've let vague mention of drug use slide in the past...a mere five posts ago in this thread, even.

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ May 18 2011, 06:45 PM)

Embarrassed about watching True Blood? Relax. There's a built-in free pass if you watch it for the sex. wink.gif

Watching The Ghost Writer--the best movie of 2010. (The worst being Green Zone, FYI)
^
Col. Radec
 Posted: May 18 2011, 06:23 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Umbrella Security Service
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Relative Risky)
Watching The Ghost Writer--the best movie of 2010.  (The worst being Green Zone, FYI)

Amen! The ending really kicked me in the balls, even if I kinda saw it coming.

"Well, all the words are there, they're just in the wrong order." - The Ghost

Currently watching Killers.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: May 18 2011, 09:22 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ May 18 2011, 05:18 PM)
Does this offend your delicate sensibilities, or break the rules?  I'm wondering because you've let vague mention of drug use slide in the past...a mere five posts ago in this thread, even.

It's neither, just a friendly mention of "we didn't need to know that". It was a bit more descriptive than I'm comfortable with and put an image in my head I really didn't want there.

Edit: In fact, I didn't even know "tripping balls" was a reference to drug use until you pointed it out. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't care to know things like how much pot people smoke, how much they drink until they vomit, and such like that.

(The worst being Green Zone, FYI)

QFT. Hurt Locker was infinitely better, IMO.
^
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: May 18 2011, 10:38 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ May 18 2011, 05:18 PM)

Does this offend your delicate sensibilities, or break the rules? I'm wondering because you've let vague mention of drug use slide in the past...a mere five posts ago in this thread, even.

Embarrassed about watching True Blood? Relax. There's a built-in free pass if you watch it for the sex. wink.gif

Watching The Ghost Writer--the best movie of 2010. (The worst being Green Zone, FYI)

Lmao, but I don't watch it for the sex or the story (Which, both are horrible btw.) A relative rented season one and bought season two and watches it often, as well as stalking the third seasons release on the interwebs. So I've built up a tolerance for it...not sure where that puts my moral standing though. huh.gif

I sense that may be confusing, so long story short; relative became addicted, watched it ever damn day, computer broke, fun times. I nearly lost my lunch on many occasions http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/rofl.gif .

Edit: Random internet vids
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: May 20 2011, 08:18 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Relative Risk @ May 18 2011, 07:18 PM)

I think Buffy & Charmed do too, if you are watching for Gellar & the Halliwells.

I just watched Smackdown. Natalya got beat by one of the Bellas....pretty lame. Especially since Nat was wrestling circles around Nikki(or the other one) the whole time.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 03:23 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Spice World.

Yes, you read that right, I am indeed watching the Spice Girls movie.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 11:52 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

I've made it my personal goal to destroy Twilight.  So far I've yet to make any success... XD

I can only say this... Vampires.... DO NOT sparkle!!

At the moment, I'm watching Wicked Attraction Season 1 Episode 12 ~ Driven By Desire. It's a true crime show who's focus so far has seemed to be the serial killers who usually didn't kill alone.
^
KeVo
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 10:33 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

Breaking Bad. Dang good show.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 11:58 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Anarchaos @ Nov 18 2011, 09:33 AM)
Breaking Bad. Dang good show.

Yes it is... I've watched a few episodes on Netflix. smile.gif

As for what I'm watching, Bundy A Legacy of Evil. Corin Nemic plays Ted Bundy... perty creepy he is and Kane Hodder plays a warden.
^
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Nov 20 2011, 06:15 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

My brother and I have started watching Grimm, it's a pretty good show, the main character is pretty cute too. tongue.gif We also watch Paranormal Witness (It's pretty good/alright), and he watches....I can't remember the name, but it's about a group that bring videos related to paranormal sightings and vote on which two they want to investigate then investigate them (maybe I'm being mean and harsh when I say this) noobishly. I'll admit some of their tactics for trying to rule out possibilities are pretty good, but I just can't buy into them. They seem like a cheap rip off of Destination Truth.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 20 2011, 10:37 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Nov 20 2011, 05:15 PM)
and he watches....I can't remember the name, but it's about a group that bring videos related to paranormal sightings and vote on which two they want to investigate then investigate them (maybe I'm being mean and harsh when I say this) noobishly. I'll admit some of their tactics for trying to rule out possibilities are pretty good, but I just can't buy into them. They seem like a cheap rip off of Destination Truth.

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.

They seem to approach almost every case with the "if it can be hoaxed, it is hoaxed" mentality, which I really don't agree with. I can paint a frisbee silver and throw it into the air as if it were a UFO, but that doesn't mean every single UFO sighting is a misidentified silver frisbee thrown into the air by someone. Additionally, some of the team members are either gullible enough to believe the most obvious of hoaxes (such as a painfully obvious CGI alien appearing in a news report taping) or they simply think their viewers are too stupid to notice. This is in stark contrast to GH and DT where the investigators take a largely neutral point of view into the investigation. The only reason I still watch it is to get my weekly Jael fix.

user posted image

Mmm... my precious... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/sHa_cloud9.gif
^
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Dec 18 2011, 03:48 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Nov 20 2011, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Nov 20 2011, 05:15 PM)
and he watches....I can't remember the name, but it's about a group that bring videos related to paranormal sightings and vote on which two they want to investigate then investigate them (maybe I'm being mean and harsh when I say this) noobishly. I'll admit some of their tactics for trying to rule out possibilities are pretty good, but I just can't buy into them. They seem like a cheap rip off of Destination Truth.

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.

They seem to approach almost every case with the "if it can be hoaxed, it is hoaxed" mentality, which I really don't agree with. I can paint a frisbee silver and throw it into the air as if it were a UFO, but that doesn't mean every single UFO sighting is a misidentified silver frisbee thrown into the air by someone. Additionally, some of the team members are either gullible enough to believe the most obvious of hoaxes (such as a painfully obvious CGI alien appearing in a news report taping) or they simply think their viewers are too stupid to notice. This is in stark contrast to GH and DT where the investigators take a largely neutral point of view into the investigation. The only reason I still watch it is to get my weekly Jael fix.

Mmm... my precious... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/sHa_cloud9.gif

Exactly...I hate that, and I hate that they go and investigate the painfully obvious. Someone can fake their death, does that mean death doesn't exist? http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/disgust.gif
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --