Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Resident Evil: Retribution
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Dec 25 2011, 04:34 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Dec 25 2011, 01:45 PM)
Maybe she just got done playing Mortal Kombat?

Where all the 'Kuh' C sounds are replaced with K's.

Although I believe Scorpion's name is spelled with a C instead of a K oddly enough.

She's referring to the Czechoslovakian submachine gun, which is spelled "Skorpion".
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Dec 25 2011, 07:08 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Dec 25 2011, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (Spike991 @ Dec 25 2011, 01:45 PM)
Maybe she just got done playing Mortal Kombat?

Where all the 'Kuh' C sounds are replaced with K's.

Although I believe Scorpion's name is spelled with a C instead of a K oddly enough.

She's referring to the Czechoslovakian submachine gun, which is spelled "Skorpion".

Ah.

I think they have that gun in Nightfire, and it sucks.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Jan 19 2012, 12:00 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Didn't see a trailer for this posted so here's one I just found. smile.gif Looks like it's due to be out September 14th.

Resident Evil: Retribution

erm.... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/wtf.gif Rain is alive? They better hope it's some kind of clone, cause sorry folks, she was turned AND took one to the head.....

Found this video on youtube, chick says something about flashbacks, but if you pay attention there is footage of Rain NOT in uniform. So doubting that avenue for them to take, I'm betting on some kind of clone.

Michelle Rodriguez Returning For 'Resident Evil: Retribution'
^
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Jan 19 2012, 09:38 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
Civilian
Member ID:
Total Post:

This is an article + Vid, the vid is the same as Ashe's, though.
Why it's to the Tron Legacy Soundtrack, I have no idea...

http://screenrant.com/resident-evil-retrib...ler-rob-147614/

On an unrelated note...
user posted image
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jan 23 2012, 11:47 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

I always thought she was a cool character, so I guess I ain't complaining.

Again, while I love the first movie, and do find that each one has awesome things about them, just a cool action scene or idea, overall I don't take them seriously.

I'm looking forward to laughing at this movie, like it's a comedy. I know I did with Afterlife.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:02 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Let's hope it's NOT like Afterlife. I just watched all of them just the other day, and have to say, Afterlife sucked. I too liked Rain, and wouldn't mind seein her back, BUUUUTTTTT..... as stated, she was zombified and put down via bullet to head. She was dead dead. tongue.gif
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jan 26 2012, 10:53 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Ashe @ Jan 24 2012, 05:02 PM)
Let's hope it's NOT like Afterlife. I just watched all of them just the other day, and have to say, Afterlife sucked. I too liked Rain, and wouldn't mind seein her back, BUUUUTTTTT..... as stated, she was zombified and put down via bullet to head. She was dead dead. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, obviously this movie isn't gonna make any sense at all, but I'm still gonna watch it at least once.smile.gif

Now hopefully there is at least a good soundtrack. Anderson always seems to get that right.

I remember some Killswitch in Apocolypse. And he used one of my absolute favs, APC on a couple, including Afterlife. In fact, the APC song played during that fight at the end with Wesker.

I was pleased with that. Ha ha.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 07:07 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

The most logical conclusion is that it's a clone of the original Rain intended to entrap Alice, the idea that she would hesitate in hurting something she perceives as someone she cares about.

But regardless of whether it's a clone or what, the fact that Rain is back can only make the movie better, at least for me, because I always liked Rain much more than Alice. And besides that, Michelle Rodriguez is a good actress. In a Hollywood full of Megan Foxes and Amanda Seyfrieds, good actresses are a rarity.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 08:55 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Jan 27 2012, 08:07 AM)
The most logical conclusion is that it's a clone of the original Rain intended to entrap Alice, the idea that she would hesitate in hurting something she perceives as someone she cares about.

But regardless of whether it's a clone or what, the fact that Rain is back can only make the movie better, at least for me, because I always liked Rain much more than Alice. And besides that, Michelle Rodriguez is a good actress. In a Hollywood full of Megan Foxes and Amanda Seyfrieds, good actresses are a rarity.

Would you say good actress? I mean I've only seen her in RE, FatF, and I think Blue Crush...but I don't know if it's so much that she's a great actress as much as she's just really cool and different. Kinda like Eliza Dushku, just that cool badgirl that we all love.

I mean I think Sean Penn is a really great actor. Hayden Christenson, depsite me butchering his last name, is not. Although I did like him as Anakin.

But anyway, Rain was definately something that makes the first RE movie fun to go back to.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 09:41 PM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Jan 27 2012, 07:55 PM)
Would you say good actress?

Uh... yeah, I just did say that.

I mean I've only seen her in RE, FatF, and I think Blue Crush...but I don't know if it's so much that she's a great actress as much as she's just really cool and different. Kinda like Eliza Dushku, just that cool badgirl that we all love.

Jessica Alba was in Blue Crush, not Michelle. I've seen Rodriguez in Battle: Los Angeles, SWAT (where, to be fair, her character was almost identical to Rain, except named differently), Machete, Girlfight, Bloodrayne, and Avatar. I believe she was also in a couple seasons of Lost, but I've only seen, like, one episode of the show which she wasn't in.
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:15 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

I'm not sold on her acting abilities just yet. Maybe I should check out a few of those movies you mentioned.

I've seen SWAT though, loved her in that.

Otherwise I still love Rodriguez. I always kinda hoped to see her in the games too. The Rain character or at least something close to.

A lot of aspects from the movies have actually shown up in the games, including the font.

But just a role of a USF member. Like HUNK's team that was slaughtered in the sewers...but anyway.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 03:59 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

Got to agree with Spartan, Michelle Rodriguez is a good actress. I've like most of what I've seen her in. Here's her page on IMDb. It lists all her movies and such. smile.gif

I also agree with the reason, this is typical Umbrella type behavior. But they have, as usual, underestimated their enemy. tongue.gif Alice may hesitate for a moment, but it wouldn't stop her. If anything, it would make her more ticked and make her open the super sized can of whoop bootie on them tongue.gif http://209.85.48.12/11464/135/emo/fish.gif

Again, while I love the first movie, and do find that each one has awesome things about them, just a cool action scene or idea, overall I don't take them seriously.

You may find you can like them better if you don't try to think of them as part of the games. I remember reading an article and seeing an interview with Anderson that stated he never intended the movies to be a rehashing of the storyline from the games, he thought that would be boring. They were created with the explicit purpose of giving MORE storyline to the game. Basically a look at what else was goin on. When looked at this way you can enjoy them much better, except for Afterlife.... that one is just bad tongue.gif
^
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Feb 1 2012, 11:27 PM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
S.T.A.R.S.
Member ID:
Total Post:

@Ashe. I don't know what exactly warrants somebody being a good actor/actress, but I'm looking at it as far as acting abilities, the ones that can really make you believe their character is real, and become that character.

Provoke emotions....IDK if I can really describe it all.

But anyway, by that logic, I don't think I'd consider her a good actress.

You know there's the IT factor, and acting abilities.

I think a lot of the young actors and actresses don't fit that criteria too much. There are some, but I feel like most are just...lame. Like maybe they are reasonably good looking and think they're anything special up on the screen....

But I digress.

And as far as the movies go, that's the way it's gotta be. I don't look at them as being part of the games. If you're just looking at how different they are then you are doing it wrong.

Some people can't get over the fact that they aren't part of the games series and affect the games in no direct way. It's actually kind of annoying. Pure hate for Anderson for no reason.
^
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 06:17 AM

Head of the Organization

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Feb 1 2012, 10:27 PM)
Pure hate for Anderson for no reason.

I prefer to think of it as "beating the dead horse". The movies are a completely separate universe from the games and are therefor non-canonical. This is an established fact, not an ambiguously debated opinion. And while everyone is entitled their own opinion, they need to realize that there is an audience out there that doesn't want an exact retelling of the games in movie form. I know this because Ashe and I are among that audience. In the end, one always has the option of just not watching the movies, yet nearly everyone I've ever encountered act as if someone is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to watch.
^
Ashe
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 10:50 AM

BSAA Bravo Team

Group:
The Organization
Member ID:
Total Post:

@Ashe. I don't know what exactly warrants somebody being a good actor/actress, but I'm looking at it as far as acting abilities, the ones that can really make you believe their character is real, and become that character.

Provoke emotions....IDK if I can really describe it all.

But anyway, by that logic, I don't think I'd consider her a good actress.

You know there's the IT factor, and acting abilities.

I think a lot of the young actors and actresses don't fit that criteria too much. There are some, but I feel like most are just...lame. Like maybe they are reasonably good looking and think they're anything special up on the screen....

But I digress.

And as far as the movies go, that's the way it's gotta be. I don't look at them as being part of the games. If you're just looking at how different they are then you are doing it wrong.

Some people can't get over the fact that they aren't part of the games series and affect the games in no direct way. It's actually kind of annoying. Pure hate for Anderson for no reason.

What makes a good actress/actor is different for everyone. smile.gif This is the type of thing that really has no right or wrong response as it deals totally with personal preferences. An opinion really can't be viewed as right or wrong, that's why it's an opinion and not fact. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Feb 2 2012, 05:17 AM)
Pure hate for Anderson for no reason.

I prefer to think of it as "beating the dead horse". The movies are a completely separate universe from the games and are therefor non-canonical. This is an established fact, not an ambiguously debated opinion. And while everyone is entitled their own opinion, they need to realize that there is an audience out there that doesn't want an exact retelling of the games in movie form. I know this because Ashe and I are among that audience. In the end, one always has the option of just not watching the movies, yet nearly everyone I've ever encountered act as if someone is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to watch.

Amen to not wanting a rehashing of the games.... I know what happened, don't really care to see it in movie form! tongue.gif Plus the games didn't include the "average Joe's" The games all take place after the fact. We didn't get to see any of what went on during the outbreak itself in regards to the regular population. All we get of that are the few snippets here and there through the files and such we found. The movies gave us that, and is what they were intended to do.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say the movies were a separate universe. Yes they omitted and/or changed a few characters. For example no Barry and the changes to Chris, (ie he's not in S.T.A.R.S) all the rest that appear from the game and movies are mostly the same. IE. Jill was an active S.T.A.R.S member, not suspended/fired for her reports about the critters in the Arklay Mountains, instead of it being hikers and such being just found mauled. For me, these are trivial issues, easily overlooked.

But I can see where they wouldn't be considered "canon" by some. The changing of Chris's character alone would have done that, seeing as he was one of the main characters of the first game. I'm kind of curious now to just how many major changes there actually were and if they really are major enough to cause this. Looks like I'll have somethin' to occupy my my time whilst I wait for a new episode of The Walking Dead on the 12th of Feb. tongue.gif

^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --