Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Can you say Resident Evil: Damnation?, ...I knew you could!
Col. Radec
 Posted: Sep 14 2010, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1120378p1.html

Looks like Capcom and Sony's going ahead with another 3D CGI movie after Resident Evil: Degeneration... starring Leon. Again.

Let's hope he spouts some witty one-liners, or cracks at least one smirk this time around! Also, Jill or Becca need to be in this one.

But it's not so bad if Leon teams up with Chris, or Barry. I mean, we could get some RUGGED MANLY ADVENTURES!

So, what do you guys think?

Personally, I like how this'll be released when the world ends. (Duh, I know it won't.) rolleyes.gif

Oh, and IN B4 I already know 2012's a big joke, but Spartan still tells me that the world doesn't actually end on 2012 and proceeds to give me all these useless tidbits about it anyway! laugh.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 14 2010, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

There's no scientific proof that anything cataclysmic will happen in 2012. Contrary to popular belief, the Mayans did not predict the end of the world. 2012 just marks the end of the Mayan long count calender. And my calender ends on December 31st every year, but the world hasn't ended yet.

But more to the topic, why Leon again? I'm getting so damn sick of him. Seriously, screw Leon. Bring in Barry and Rebecca, considering we don't know a thing about where they've been or what they've been doing for the last 12 years...
PM Email Poster
KeVo
 Posted: Sep 15 2010, 12:23 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 4
Credits: 1145

I agree with you Spartan. I am tired of Leon, and I really want to see some of those other characters you just mentioned.
PM Email Poster MSN
Col. Radec
 Posted: Sep 15 2010, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Spartan198 @ Sep 14 2010, 09:02 PM)
There's no scientific proof that anything cataclysmic will happen in 2012. Contrary to popular belief, the Mayans did not predict the end of the world. Blah blah blah 2012, yadda yadda yadda...

I like how you walked right into that, Spartan! tongue.gif Perhaps I should label my posts with (SARCASM) tags so it's a little more clearer to you? Anyway, I edited my original post to elaborate the sarcasm.

I'll agree with you about Leon, though. I'm tired of him, and Leon having the personality of a brick in the first CG movie didn't help matters much. He didn't even seem to notice Claire existed in that movie! Degeneration was awesome, but I sorely missed my smirking, snarky, wisecracking special agent from RE4.

About Damnation, I honestly thought we were going to get a movie about Jill, or Becca. It was the prevalent rumor around other RE forums that Jill or Becca would get the main character roles for the second CG film, but it looks like Leon's in the spotlight instead. ...Again.

I hope they at least have some classic RE monsters like the hunters, lickers, and Tyrants!
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 15 2010, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ Sep 15 2010, 05:26 AM)
I like how you walked right into that, Spartan! tongue.gif Perhaps I should label my posts with (SARCASM) tags so it's a little more clearer to you? Anyway, I edited my original post to elaborate the sarcasm.

What, you didn't see the air of sarcasm in my response, too? tongue.gif

I'll agree with you about Leon, though. I'm tired of him, and Leon having the personality of a brick in the first CG movie didn't help matters much. He didn't even seem to notice Claire existed in that movie! Degeneration was awesome, but I sorely missed my smirking, snarky, wisecracking special agent from RE4.

Frankly, I think it's RE4's fault that seemingly everybody's obsessed with him. I saw a post on a Resident Evil Wiki talk page where someone claimed he was the antagonist opposite Wesker and was "more important to the series than Chris and Jill combined".

Zeus, I hate everything that RE4 has done to destroy Resident Evil...

About Damnation, I honestly thought we were going to get a movie about Jill, or Becca. It was the prevalent rumor around other RE forums that Jill or Becca would get the main character roles for the second CG film, but it looks like Leon's in the spotlight instead. ...Again.

Capcom had even stated before in an article that a second CG film (apparently forgetting that Degeneration was, in fact, the second CG film...) that it would update us on Rebecca's whereabouts. I guess Capcom's word doesn't mean much.

I hope they at least have some classic RE monsters like the hunters, lickers, and Tyrants!

That, I'm firmly convinced won't happen. Sad to say, I've come to the realization that the Resident Evil I fell in love with back in '96 is dead and buried.
PM Email Poster
Col. Radec
 Posted: Sep 16 2010, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

LOL what can I say? You sound so serious when you're being so factual!

Actually, I think it was RE4 that really brought Resident Evil into the public knowledge, even though the games were around a while by then. I say this because RE4 seemed to embrace the survival action spirit of the movies rather than the true survival horror spirit of the games, making it a lot easier for everyone else to get into. That's why Leon is so well-known, and thus from the new fans who don't really get what RE is all about, Leon is also well-loved as a result. Which is why Leon's currently going through Wolverine publicity wherever Capcom's concerned.

And I wish they'd stick to their guns, dammit. Capcom's always so wishy-washy every time they say or confirm something.

RE4 is going to be this awesome survivor horror game where you have to escape zombies and a strange hook man in this mansion. Spoooooky. No wait, just kidding, let's have super agent Leon rescuing the President's daughter in Spain! Zombies? What's that? We just watched 28 Days Later guys, we think frothing, running crazy people might work better!

Okay okay, seriously guys, look. Here's Chris in Africa for RE5, it's going to have zombies, all the old RE monster standbys, also, be careful when you go out in the sun because it's going to HURT in the long run. Ooh, and the rumor is Jill might even come back and be your partner! Actually no, wait, we changed our minds, screw that sun thing. Also, the monsters? Pfft, everyone loved RE4 so much, let's just go with the Ganados and give it a spiffy new name! Jill? Who's that? Oh, right, her. Just stuff her in a ninja suit and call her evil because we've got a brand new partner for you, she looks just like Zoe Saldana and is tailor-made to combat the racism issue (even if they said she wasn't)!

Yeah, NO. I think it's safe to say Capcom's word doesn't really mean much anymore.

If they don't have the old monsters at least make a damn cameo, I'm giving up. I loved the beta Lickers that showed up in RE5, if they want to go all super running zombies, why not soup up the Hunters or the Tyrant in the same vein? Though we could consider G-Virus monsters as souped-up Tyrants already...
PM
WarlocK7
 Posted: Sep 16 2010, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Trainee
Member No.: 5
Credits: 130

I must say, I am kinda excited for this movie simply because its canon and in the actual RE world unlike the other movies. That reminds me, why did afterlife try so hard to be re5? There was the executioner, uroboros, and the mind control droids and NONE of them were discussed. They simply accepted that they were there and thought nothing of it.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Oct 3 2010, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 15
Credits: 1160

QUOTE (Col. Radec @ Sep 14 2010, 08:23 PM)
http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1120378p1.html

Looks like Capcom and Sony's going ahead with another 3D CGI movie after Resident Evil: Degeneration... starring Leon. Again.

Let's hope he spouts some witty one-liners, or cracks at least one smirk this time around! Also, Jill or Becca need to be in this one.

But it's not so bad if Leon teams up with Chris, or Barry. I mean, we could get some RUGGED MANLY ADVENTURES!

So, what do you guys think?

Personally, I like how this'll be released when the world ends. (Duh, I know it won't.) rolleyes.gif

Oh, and IN B4 I already know 2012's a big joke, but Spartan still tells me that the world doesn't actually end on 2012 and proceeds to give me all these useless tidbits about it anyway! laugh.gif

it would be awesome to see rebecca again. no more jill. please. need to know what ever happened to rebecca.
PM Email Poster Users Website
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Oct 25 2010, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

Rebecca definitely needs some screen time. Seriously man she's in two games, three I guess if you count RE5 Mercenaries, but overall she's been forgotten.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Oct 25 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

I don't count the Mercenaries mini-games because they're just that - mini-games. They aren't canon, so henceforth Rebecca and Barry did not appear in RE5 as far as I'm concerned.
PM Email Poster
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Oct 26 2010, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

true. though i do apreciate the cameo. anyways. i wonder the next movie is gonna look like. the only thing i didnt like about degeneration was leon face. they should have stuck with the re4 face.
Super Saiyajin 3 Jirrue
 Posted: Oct 27 2010, 01:52 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Member No.: 16
Credits: 765

Wasn't all that different, different yes, but not by much. Point is Rebecca needs some screen time of her own.

We don't even know what the hell she's been up to or what's going on with her now.
PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
METALHEADROY7
 Posted: Oct 31 2010, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

i imagine shes not the 18 year she used to be. possibly if shes in this new movie she might have grown her hair. that the only real difference i would expect. well that or college girl.
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 1 2010, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

QUOTE (METALHEADROY7 @ Oct 31 2010, 10:13 PM)
i imagine shes not the 18 year she used to be.

As of RE5 (2009), she'd be between 30 and 31.

They grow up so fast. tongue.gif
PM Email Poster
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization

Can you say, "trailer"?

Damnation teaser
PM Email Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll