Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Your fav movies/characters of the series, Which movies are your fav's?
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

QUOTE (Spike991 @ Mar 26 2012, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (Ashe @ Mar 26 2012, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 26 2012, 03:08 PM)
OIC, I know I might get flamed for this but I'm kinda glad the movies don't follow the games that well, it's not like they are based on a book or anything so it's not *as* important as a book-to-movie in retrospect.

Never worry about getting "flamed" here... smile.gif That type of behavior is not tolerated here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and respect for that is a must here.

I saw or read (it's been quite some time so don't remember which it was... lol ) an interview with Anderson where he was responding to all the hate on the first movie not being directly related to the games. In this interview he said that his intention with the movie was to give another part of the story. Because obviously with an entire city being affected, the games couldn't possibly cover them all. This was a way to fill in some of what was happening outside of the games.

S.D. Perry doesn't get the hate because only 2 (or 3 I forget) of her books are not directly from the games. Caliban Cove was one, and that one where they were in the desert.

Caliban Cove and Underworld were the two that are original stories. But the novels in general aren't related to the games. As in they are in their own universe, and not because of those two original novels, but because the story is drastically different, different enough anyway.

Like the stuff with Trent, and just all of the different liberties that Perry takes with the story and characters, is really no different than what Anderson is doing. Yet it doesn't garner the same hate.

Although her novels do follow the games a lot more closely. It was really fun reading the first one, and knowing where it was at all times, as far as where it was in the mansion. Which part of the story it was at. It's a really nice read actually. And I don't typically sit down and read much.

Still they are directly from the games. Even with the liberties she took, she still is basically only telling the story of the games. And that is why they don't receive the same hate as the movies do. Perry's books are basically the novelizations of the games, except those 2. All novelizations generally do the same. They go more in depth and never are exactly like the movies. It is one of the reasons I feel books are almost always way better than the movies.

DeCandido does the same with the novelizations of the movies. There are things in his books that you don't see on screen.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 32
Credits: 550

I guess that's why I never could get into Perry's novels, I guess because I never was that interested in the games.

I wish thy had made the movies more like Keith R. A. DeCandido's novels, I think they would have been ten times better.

Tho "technically" aren't Perry's & Keith R. A. DeCandido's novels fan fiction .... Kinda?
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 27 2012, 09:40 AM)
I guess that's why I never could get into Perry's novels, I guess because I never was that interested in the games.

I wish thy had made the movies more like Keith R. A. DeCandido's novels, I think they would have been ten times better.

Tho "technically" aren't Perry's & Keith R. A. DeCandido's novels fan fiction .... Kinda?

I wish they had to, but they usually don't because of time constraints. To make a movie following the novelizations would have greatly increased the run time of the movies not to mention the costs....

I guess you could call Perry's works fanfiction. Especially Caliban Cove and Underworld. They are not part of the events in-game. But personally, I wouldn't consider DeCandido's to be fanfiction as he was just novelizing the movies. Yea he does add some stuff to fill in the blanks so to speak, he does follow the movies for the most part, except for with Extinction where he adds Jill's part that was totally ignored in the movies.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

Yeah I never heard of movie Novelization til I heard of Keith R. A. DeCandido's, do they do that a lot.
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 27 2012, 01:22 PM)
Yeah I never heard of movie Novelization til I heard of Keith R. A. DeCandido's, do they do that a lot.

Yea, especially on ones that are highly popular like the Resident Evil franchise. I have a bunch of different movie novelizations. I recently found the super rare novelization of the first Halloween movie by Curtis Richards. I'd had it years back, but lost it when my ex-husband had a hissy fit and burned some of my stuff. I'd been looking for it ever since and it wasn't to be had, but got lucky and found an ebook of it. smile.gif There's novelizations of the Friday the 13th movies, Nightmare on Elm Street movies, Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 29 2012, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

I'll have to check them out smile.gif.

Of all the characters in afterlife (besides Alice, clIre & Chris) was Luther West, he had the best lines lol "star power b***ches!" & just his general personality
PM Yahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll