Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Your fav movies/characters of the series, Which movies are your fav's?
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 24 2012, 03:15 PM)
It's best to wait until you've actually seen the movie before condemning anything. While we may not be able to come up with a practical explanation (although the cloning angle is pretty much guaranteed, IMHO), Anderson might have cooked up something plausible. He is an imaginable person, after all.

Besides, neither of you want to be biased, do you? tongue.gif

Now my dear Spartan I did not condemn it... I just said they best come up with a plausible excuse. But you know me I'm just all sorts of biased.... http://www.bleachexile.com/exec/images/emoticons/new/emo-tehehe.png

Still it is kinda cool to watch Alice change from this 'innocent' unsuspecting young woman to the hardened, outlawish bad ass in the later films (super powers or not). The laser scene in RE1 was my fave! I love how it was done & how it shows 'just enough' which IMHO made it all the more shocking.

If you haven't read the novelizations, you should try. They are way better than the movies and go in depth a lot more. RE Extinction especially. It is a lot different than the movie, Jill and Angie are in it, and it gives what Jill was up to during Extinction and what became of Angie...

PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 32
Credits: 550

Where could I find them? I can't really buy them on line (no credit/debit card lol) would they be at book stores?
PM Yahoo
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

You can find them in a bookstore I'm pretty sure. If not check your local library, mine carries not only the novelizations of the movies but also the ones done by S.D. Perry a few years back, which are more directly related to the games. Most of Perry's are novelizations of the games, except for 2 or 3 of them, which build off of the games storyline. The novelizations of the movies are done by Keith R.A. DeCandido.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

Yes, I'm aware, thanks smile.gif
PM Yahoo
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 25 2012, 04:02 AM)
Still it is kinda cool to watch Alice change from this 'innocent' unsuspecting young woman to the hardened, outlawish bad ass in the later films (super powers or not). The laser scene in RE1 was my fave! I love how it was done & how it shows 'just enough' which IMHO made it all the more shocking.

I guess. The red dress and some cool moves were enough for her in RE1. I really did like that dress.

In Apocolypse, the outfit was cool, she was armed with some awesome stuff, like 2 pistols, 2 machine guns and a shotgun on her back. That scene with the Lickers was cool too. Like when she kicked that bench to make the Licker have to jump, then blasting it with her shotty.

Othewise, while I liked aspects of the other films, they weren't that good IMO overall.

I liked the convoy idea in Extinction, and I liked hearing A Perfect Circle in Afterlife. smile.gif
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

yeah the church scene was my fave right down to her enterance lol. i love the fact that she has a habit of grand enterances.

in extinction the super zombie scenes with her fighting, slicing & dicing was pretty cool also. Alice IMHO is just a cool character in general.

thatsw what i hated about after life... no good Alice (or anyone for that matter) fights scenes. also my other fave character was Luthur West from afterlife & also chris redfield, i like how they gave him a kind of clint eastwood esque way of
PM Yahoo
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

I do like the Alice character in general. Just the name is cool too. smile.gif

But yeah, they really dropped the ball with her.

I kinda wish we could get a character kinda like her in the games...just a character that favors her. Maybe Alyssa in Outbreak kinda does that.

IDK. I just really liked her red dress, and her cool scenes in the first two movies.

I hated how they did Chris in Afterlife, it wasn't like Chris at all. Claire doesn't even put her hair up in her signature ponytail, What the heck?!
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

no, she never did, not even in extinction that i remember, as a girl with waist length hair, that isnt practical, for work (I do a manual labor job) or anything needing phsyical activity, it doesnt make sense to NOT have your hair back http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/SpartanWarrior198/Resident%20Evil%20Final%20Days/sCo_idk.gif.

but Jill Valantine...... they really cast her character well!!! she looked just like her game character (going from pictures mind you) her & rain & the other members from her unit in RE 1.

another question, where did Anderson come up with Alice (Yes i think her name & the way she says it is cool also) anyway? is she loosely based on a game character? (please forgive me, my RE gaming knowledge is rusty).
PM Yahoo
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 25 2012, 08:21 PM)
another question, where did Anderson come up with Alice (Yes i think her name & the way she says it is cool also) anyway? is she loosely based on a game character? (please forgive me, my RE gaming knowledge is rusty).

No, she's an original character. The only game character that "appeared" in RE1 was the researcher at the end who ordered her into the Nemesis program, who was supposed to be William Birkin.

Regarding Alice's name, Alice in Wonderland was originally going to be a recurring theme, but almost all references to it were eventually dropped, with only (AFAIK) the use of the name Alice for the main character and the Red Queen remaining.
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Last Spartan @ Mar 26 2012, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 25 2012, 08:21 PM)

No, she's an original character. The only game character that "appeared" in RE1 was the researcher at the end who ordered her into the Nemesis program, who was supposed to be William Birkin.

Regarding Alice's name, Alice in Wonderland was originally going to be a recurring theme, but almost all references to it were eventually dropped, with only (AFAIK) the use of the name Alice for the main character and the Red Queen remaining.

There was Alice, the Red Queen, there was a white rabbit at one point. I don't remember what else, interesting concept though.

Yet again, something that I would like to have seen in the games.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

OIC, I know I might get flamed for this but I'm kinda glad the movies don't follow the games that well, it's not like they are based on a book or anything so it's not *as* important as a book-to-movie in retrospect.
PM Yahoo
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 26 2012, 05:08 PM)
OIC, I know I might get flamed for this but I'm kinda glad the movies don't follow the games that well, it's not like they are based on a book or anything so it's not *as* important as a book-to-movie in retrospect.

I thought we already established that everyone respects everyone else's opinions here?

I also don't mind that they don't follow the story of the games.

Same with the novels.

Weird how Perry lover's don't get the same hate as Anderson ones though.
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 26 2012, 03:08 PM)

Never worry about getting "flamed" here... smile.gif That type of behavior is not tolerated here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and respect for that is a must here.

I saw or read (it's been quite some time so don't remember which it was... lol ) an interview with Anderson where he was responding to all the hate on the first movie not being directly related to the games. In this interview he said that his intention with the movie was to give another part of the story. Because obviously with an entire city being affected, the games couldn't possibly cover them all. This was a way to fill in some of what was happening outside of the games.

S.D. Perry doesn't get the hate because only 2 (or 3 I forget) of her books are not directly from the games. Caliban Cove was one, and that one where they were in the desert.
PM
Walker killer
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Charlie Team

I know I won't literally get flamed lol, I was j/k, I know you guys aren't like that smile.gif. That's why I joined this place.

Oh yeah don't mention the phrase "I like the movies" or "Anderson is ok" around other forums ESP the ones geared twds the games :/.
PM Yahoo
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Ashe @ Mar 26 2012, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Dragoness1982 @ Mar 26 2012, 03:08 PM)

Never worry about getting "flamed" here... smile.gif That type of behavior is not tolerated here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and respect for that is a must here.

I saw or read (it's been quite some time so don't remember which it was... lol ) an interview with Anderson where he was responding to all the hate on the first movie not being directly related to the games. In this interview he said that his intention with the movie was to give another part of the story. Because obviously with an entire city being affected, the games couldn't possibly cover them all. This was a way to fill in some of what was happening outside of the games.

S.D. Perry doesn't get the hate because only 2 (or 3 I forget) of her books are not directly from the games. Caliban Cove was one, and that one where they were in the desert.

Caliban Cove and Underworld were the two that are original stories. But the novels in general aren't related to the games. As in they are in their own universe, and not because of those two original novels, but because the story is drastically different, different enough anyway.

Like the stuff with Trent, and just all of the different liberties that Perry takes with the story and characters, is really no different than what Anderson is doing. Yet it doesn't garner the same hate.

Although her novels do follow the games a lot more closely. It was really fun reading the first one, and knowing where it was at all times, as far as where it was in the mansion. Which part of the story it was at. It's a really nice read actually. And I don't typically sit down and read much.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll