Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Resident Evil: Begins, Would've been better than the original!
Relative Risk
 Posted: Apr 4 2011, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Resident Blogger/Industry Insider
Group: S.T.A.R.S.
Member No.: 11
Credits: 990

user posted image

Like them or not, the Resident Evil films are incredibly successful and after last year's Afterlife broke every box office record set by its predecessors, Screen Games quickly began planning a fifth film. Today, the official title and logo for the film, dubbed Resident Evil: Begins was unveiled. The fifth film was originally thought to be a sequel to Afterlife, but it would seem Screen Gems has decided to go with the long-rumored reboot of the series. Begins was rumored to be a reboot of the entire film franchise, where it would possibly take the series back to its horror roots (something the gaming community has wanted the Resident Evil video games to do for quite some time), and now that's been officially confirmed.

Begins takes us back to 1998 when it all started and before the events in first Resident Evil film. It stars Milla Jovovich as Alice, before she became a super-powered heroine alongside Sienna Guillory, who was confirmed last month to be reprising her role as Jill Valentine. For the first time in the series' history Alice will not be the main character. Instead Begins will follow Ms. Valentine as she finds herself in the midst of the major viral outbreak caused by Umbrella. Not enough for you? Head past the break for more.

The most surprising announcement is the possibility of a video game based on Resident Evil: Begins. Supposedly, the game will follow both Jill and Alice before the outbreak. As Jill, you'll be tasked with slowing the spreading of the T-virus and as Alice your goal will be to try to reveal Umbrella and the illegal work they've been doing in the underground Hive facility. Jill and Alice's paths never cross, well, not until the events in Apocalypse, so the game's essentially telling two very different stories.

Resident Evil: Begins opens nationwide on September 14, 2012, in 3-D.

Source

Too bad it was a cruel April Fool's joke!

Anyone else loathe this day?
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Apr 4 2011, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

Aarrrgh I don't know whether to be relieved or upset that this isn't real. Probably more relieved, but still... An entire movie about Jill and her delicious sandwiches!

April's Fools Day? With my family? Absolute hell. mad.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Apr 4 2011, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

I do most definitely despise April Fools day, so I'm glad nobody here tried to play any jokes. In the days leading up, I was actually tempted to institute a rule against April Fools jokes, but felt it was a bit too late to do so effectively.

Still, I'm glad this one is a joke. I liked the first 3 RE movies (Afterlife was watchable, at best), but even I think this one would be bad. Alice was an okay character before she became superhuman (but I understand others didn't like her at all), but I'm getting a bit full up with her now and the first thing any reboot needs to do is dump her (though I wouldn't oppose Milla returning in a different role, maybe as an antagonist).
PM Email Poster
Spike Reaver
 Posted: Apr 5 2011, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Member No.: 8
Credits: 1315

I feel dumb. I read the latest post, Spartan's, then went back up and saw the first one, and believed it for a second. Definately glad it's a joke though.

I'm indifferent as to where they take the movie series, I'm not going to be happy if they make a new one, and I'm not going to have a heart attack because I despise them a bunch either(which I don't).
PM
NiteKrawler
 Posted: May 6 2011, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Mission Support Team
Member No.: 6
Credits: 300

I will have a heart attack. Just to leave this mortal plane and escape the RE live action crapfest.
PM Email Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll