Resident Evil Final Days

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

What Are You Reading?
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Dec 13 2011, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Civilian
Member No.: 3
Credits: 1020

QUOTE (Ashe @ Dec 13 2011, 03:00 AM)
[attachmentid=37]here ya go.... It's a mobi file, which will open with a Kindle or Calibre ( which is a free ebook reader which will open all forms books. It's what I use, love it I do tongue.gif )

Thanks! wub.gif But I only have a desktop tongue.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Dec 14 2011, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: The Organization
Member No.: 27
Credits: 1370

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Dec 13 2011, 08:08 PM)
[attachmentid=37]here ya go.... It's a mobi file, which will open with a Kindle or Calibre ( which is a free ebook reader which will open all forms books. It's what I use, love it I do tongue.gif )

That file can be used on a laptop, desktop or Kindle.... smile.gif Get Calibre, it's a free ebook reader/manager. It will open every form of ebook I do believe and is completely free and very simple to use. I love it and use it exclusively for my ebooks. smile.gif I don't have a Kindle myself.... though I have made many hints for Santa wink.gif
PM
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Ashe @ Dec 14 2011, 03:12 AM)
QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Dec 13 2011, 08:08 PM)

That file can be used on a laptop, desktop or Kindle.... smile.gif Get Calibre, it's a free ebook reader/manager. It will open every form of ebook I do believe and is completely free and very simple to use. I love it and use it exclusively for my ebooks. smile.gif I don't have a Kindle myself.... though I have made many hints for Santa wink.gif

Can you send me that again? My last personal account on my computer became so infected it had to be deleted. I tried clicking on it again and all I got was symbols and gibberish. sad.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Odd, I clicked it and it works fine.... but here it is again smile.gif Calibre
PM
Col. Radec
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team
Group: Umbrella Security Service
Member No.: 10
Credits: 1015

I finished the Hunger Games series. Finished Under The Dome, and Full Dark, No Stars, both by King. Finished Stark's Ask The Parrot, and I must get the whole Parker book series; Parker's my favorite character of all time.

Now I'm reading Robopocalypse by Wilson.
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Just started Rise Again by Ben Tripp. This is a blurb on it:

Danny is a mentally and physically scarred Iraq War vet who returned to her small hometown in the San Bernadino Mountains and is now sheriff—just in time for screaming mobs to descend on her town carrying a zombie plague. Gathering up the few survivors (the ones who were neither turned to zombies nor eaten by the newly undead), Danny leads them to safety on an old Air Force base in the desert. But her leadership role among the survivors must be put on hold until she learns what happened to her little sister, Kelly, who ran away from home the night before the zombie plague arrived. Traveling in her vintage Mustang, Danny traverses a post-apocalyptic California, arriving finally in a besieged San Francisco, which is controlled by a ruthless group of military contractors. Tripp’s debut is a thrilling page-turner that will delight fans of zombie fiction and post-apocalyptic stories, including Charlie Huston’s Sleepless (2010) and Justin Cronin’s The Passage (2010).

Only about 100 pages in, so far pretty good.
PM
Ashe
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Well I been a busy lil beaver on the reading front. tongue.gif

I just finished all the Dexter novels by Jeff Lindsay.... very good reads on every ones favorite lil serial killer. They don't follow the show except for the first one and are quite different from the show in some who are dead on the show are alive in the books and vice-versa. I only have the latest one left, Double Dexter which I'm saving for a bit so I'll have me a Dexter fix mid summer cause the show don't start up again until September....

Also read Urban Gothic by Brian Keene. Very good horror book, kind of a quasi People Under The Stairs, except it's a whole abandoned house in the slums of Philadelphia.

Also read The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley. It's a pandemic book in which the H5N1 bird virus mutates and infects humans. Kind of an apocalyptic story in which the vast majority of humanity is killed off. Another very good read.

And now am working on The Passage by Justin Cronin, another apocalyptic story, so far it's pretty good. Looks like the Government in an effort to make super soldiers under the guise of curing illness and stretching the human life span quite a bit (it's called project Noah) has made instead a very nasty drug that mutates folks, and the FBI agent who helped get the subjects for testing without knowing what he was doing tries to save the last one he was to bring to them, a 6 year old girl. It's a tad slow to start, but seems to be picking up now... I hope cause I'd hate to have to try to slog my way through this one, it's long, 766 pages, so it's a long read.... Unless it really picks up then maybe a day or two tongue.gif
PM
Ashe
 Posted: May 6 2012, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

Well couldn't finish The Passage, I tried but just couldn't get into it. Instead I switched to the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin. I've read the first 3 so far and just started A Feast For Crows and am absolutely loving them! The show seems to be following them rather closely, with the first book being the first season and the second book being the second season. So far there have only been small insignificant changes, nothing major. If you like the show I highly recommend the books. They are long but well worth the reading!! You will understand the characters better also, as they give you more info so you have a better insight into what motivates them. On the down side ya gotta go through Ned's beheading all over.... sad.gif sad.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

Read through the first few pages of No Easy Day, the firsthand account of the bin Laden raid that came out yesterday. Had to buy it, even though I really couldn't afford to.
PM Email Poster
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Oct 31 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Ashe @ Mar 28 2012, 05:53 PM)
Odd, I clicked it and it works fine.... but here it is again smile.gif Calibre

Is this free?

Currently reading The Hobbit

It's great! Can't wait to get my hands on the trilogy! tongue.gif
PM
Rick Grimes
 Posted: Oct 31 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Head of the Organization
Member No.: 1
Credits: 4330

QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Oct 31 2012, 03:30 PM)

Looking into your family history, are you? tongue.gif
PM Email Poster
TvirusAndFriends
 Posted: Nov 1 2012, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

BSAA Bravo Team

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Oct 31 2012, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (TvirusAndFriends @ Oct 31 2012, 03:30 PM)

Looking into your family history, are you? tongue.gif

Perhaps! But I have tiny feet! I am obviously not full Hobbit. But I DO like to be lazy and munch lots! tongue.gif
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll